Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle 2014
What does Boyle look like in 2014?
sawmill Wrote:What does Boyle look like in 2014?

Same as last season. They will be battling Lex Cath for the district and regional title. Should be an exciting year.
Both will be in 3A, right?
Not until 2015
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I know Boyle will have a very good QB. He is a Bell Co. boy so I will cheering for him and his teamates in 2014. He moved at young age with his family to Boyle Co. Great family and Great kid.
Boyle County brings back a lot really. They will be one of the top 3-5 teams in 4A and could be in the mix of things in November and December. Of course Robbins is a fantastic quarterback with a ton of potential. He should flourish under Chuck Smith. Things are looking good but there is a lot of work to be done.
FBfan4life Wrote:Same as last season. They will be battling Lex Cath for the district and regional title. Should be an exciting year.

I guess Mercer shut down their football program and didn't tell anyone.
Mercer beat us last year. I don't believe it'll happen this year.
sawmill Wrote:Mercer beat us last year. I don't believe it'll happen this year.

Mercer got a lot of help in the playoff game this year.
I heard today that the leffews may be coming over to Boyle..
sawmill Wrote:I heard today that the leffews may be coming over to Boyle..

I heard the same thing at my sons B-ball game this morning.
I hope it's true I'd like to see them on the sidelines!!
With the Rebels potentially moving to 3A, I believe they will have another state title within the next 3 years under Chuck Smith. A tremendous motivator and coach.
gridirondaddy Wrote:I guess Mercer shut down their football program and didn't tell anyone.

Might as well! Confusedhh:

Joking aside, has anyone other than Boyle County and Lexington Catholic won a district title since all 3 being in the same district? Until then, and it's no disrepect, Mercer County will continue to do more of the same. Yes there will be a Mercer County team every once in awhile that beats 1 of the 2 but until there is a district championship under their belts then there is no need to beg for relevance. What Mercer County did last year was impressive nonetheless but I don't believe it will be consistent. However, I have been wrong before.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I heard the same thing at my sons B-ball game this morning.

How awesome would that be? They are in tough situation at Lincoln County trying to get that program moving in the right direction. They could strive at Boyle County. I hope it is true.
gridirondaddy Wrote:I guess Mercer shut down their football program and didn't tell anyone.

As you can see or hear, Mercer is an after thought. They are not even in the same discussion. And to say shut down their football program. Who? Lex cath trashed you twice last season, Boyle Co did the same, except the playoff fluke. Mercer was good last season but can they bring back the same success this coming season? :dontthink
Well, I have no bone in this... Boyle has the tradition and talent year-in and year-out.
That being said, I wouldn't overlook Pardue and Mercer in the years to come. Mercer
is on an upswing, and I think the "playoff fluke" was just part of that upswing/rebuilding.

Even with the realignment Mercer should make a strong stand in 4A....
FBfan4life Wrote:As you can see or hear, Mercer is an after thought. They are not even in the same discussion. And to say shut down their football program. Who? Lex cath trashed you twice last season, Boyle Co did the same, except the playoff fluke. Mercer was good last season but can they bring back the same success this coming season? :dontthink

First of all, I don't know why you would say they "trashed you." I am not affiliated with Mercer County in any way. That said, I am an area football fan that goes to as many games as I can. I saw both games Boyle & Mercer played and would say that Mercer acquitted itself well in both. I don't think the playoff game was nearly as close as the score indicated - so no it didn't seem like a fluke to me.

That said, you guys are right that they haven't won a district title yet... I was just thinking that they seem in a pretty good position to challenge the "powers that be." They beat Boyle already, and LexCath will be going through a coaching change. Seems like as good a time as any.

I have followed KY HS football for decades and can tell you that Pardue is the best playcaller around, for my money -- I would never count him out.
gridirondaddy Wrote:First of all, I don't know why you would say they "trashed you." I am not affiliated with Mercer County in any way. That said, I am an area football fan that goes to as many games as I can. I saw both games Boyle & Mercer played and would say that Mercer acquitted itself well in both. I don't think the playoff game was nearly as close as the score indicated - so no it didn't seem like a fluke to me.

That said, you guys are right that they haven't won a district title yet... I was just thinking that they seem in a pretty good position to challenge the "powers that be." They beat Boyle already, and LexCath will be going through a coaching change. Seems like as good a time as any.

I have followed KY HS football for decades and can tell you that Pardue is the best playcaller around, for my money -- I would never count him out.

I will agree Pardue is a good play caller, but IMO that's it I'm one Boyle fan that will tell you what I think, I don't worry about being politically correct he was a great OC at Boyle but not a very good head coach, and after the loss to Mercer in the playoffs I congratulated Mercer on the win, but IMO the zebras gave Mercer 17 points in that game, and everyone that I set with would agree with me on this point. this is the first time that I've got on here and said anything about the way the game was called, but if you watched that game and didn't think Mercer got every call possible then you are a Mercer fan. I went back and watched the game 5 times just to make sure I wasn't being biased because I'm a Boyle supporter, and I can still honestly say IMO Mercer got every call possible.
Who will be in 3a district play with Boyle?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I will agree Pardue is a good play caller, but IMO that's it I'm one Boyle fan that will tell you what I think, I don't worry about being politically correct he was a great OC at Boyle but not a very good head coach, and after the loss to Mercer in the playoffs I congratulated Mercer on the win, but IMO the zebras gave Mercer 17 points in that game, and everyone that I set with would agree with me on this point. this is the first time that I've got on here and said anything about the way the game was called, but if you watched that game and didn't think Mercer got every call possible then you are a Mercer fan. I went back and watched the game 5 times just to make sure I wasn't being biased because I'm a Boyle supporter, and I can still honestly say IMO Mercer got every call possible.

:eyeroll: Well, I won't post any more Mercer stuff.

Anyway... Boyle has a really good QB, a great coaching staff, and a pretty good young line, from what I can see. Didn't seem like they really had any gamebreakers at RB or WR, the few times that I saw them. The Robbins kid is REALLY good, though. They will be one of a handful of teams to challenge for a state title, again, in 2014. In 4A you gotta figure that is really a pretty short list.
sawmill Wrote:Who will be in 3a district play with Boyle?

Looks like Casey County, Garrard County and Lexington Catholic. Possibly Western Hills as well.
gridirondaddy Wrote:First of all, I don't know why you would say they "trashed you." I am not affiliated with Mercer County in any way. That said, I am an area football fan that goes to as many games as I can. I saw both games Boyle & Mercer played and would say that Mercer acquitted itself well in both. I don't think the playoff game was nearly as close as the score indicated - so no it didn't seem like a fluke to me.

I begg to differ Sir. Lex Cath did trashed MC 34-6 regular season and then in the playoff 49-14 ( if that's not thrashing, then is a beatdown ). I too is not affiliated with Lex Cath. I am Catholic in faith and do follow LC athletics and Lafayette athletics just because both schools are walking distance to me. Mercer Co will win district once Lex Cath and Boyle Co moves out of their district and become class 3A in 2015 season.
FBfan4life Wrote:I begg to differ Sir. Lex Cath did trashed MC 34-6 regular season and then in the playoff 49-14 ( if that's not thrashing, then is a beatdown ). I too is not affiliated with Lex Cath. I am Catholic in faith and do follow LC athletics and Lafayette athletics just because both schools are walking distance to me. Mercer Co will win district once Lex Cath and Boyle Co moves out of their district and become class 3A in 2015 season.

Did you read the post you responded to? I never said anything about the LexCath game.

Anyway, I have made an appraisal of Boyle. Trying to get back on topic.
Boyle will be thin on the OL and DL. Good players but not enough of them. Might lose Perry kid if his dad is named Garrard coach. (I think he will be) Would be a big loss. Stewart-Hoskins should open a lot of eyes this year if he can stay healthy.
Can Jr. Josiah Robbins(60-175 QB/DB) along with Sr, Aidan Stewart-Hoskins (5-9-200) be the leaders both on and off the field, that can lead this team to another 11 win or better season?

The one point loss to, what I can gather against a very under rated Mercer team was the only time they, Boyle tasted defeat.

Boyle County was able to eek out a, 14-0 win over Mercer County in the regular season.

Anderson County was a tough game last season(30-27), as was Lexington Catholic(22-13) also Warren Central kept it close(26-16) win all was said and done.

2014 schedule does not include a rematch with Warren Central.

Aug 22, 14 Bullitt East at Lincoln County 8:00 PM PBK Death Valley Bowl
Aug 29, 14 Lincoln County home 8:30 PM PBK Rebel Bowl
Sep 5, 14 Danville home 7:30 PM
Sep 12, 14 Anderson County away 7:30 PM
Sep 19, 14 George Rogers Clark home 7:30 PM
Sep 26, 14 Taylor County home 7:30 PM
Oct 3, 14 Lexington Catholic away 7:30 PM
Oct 17, 14 Marion County away 7:30 PM
Oct 24, 14 Mercer County home 7:30 PM
Oct 31, 14 Madison Southern away 7:30 PM
How many players are playing for Boyle this year?