Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damien Harris
Belfry0304 Wrote:#DamienToColumbus

Enough said. Also, if you're going to post this crap about him leaving be man enough to say where he's supposedly going. If you're going to talk, don't half-ass the "what you heards"

It's not Belfry, so don't worry about it.

On a serious note, I have no idea if he's interested in moving out of Richmond, no idea where he's going to college, and no idea when he'll enroll in college. However, I do know there has been some player-to-player communication concerning the topic of him moving. We'll know if it happens I suppose.

I stated that there were rumors that he was leaving and there are from numerous people. I was not going to even bring up anything I'd heard until someone else started the topic. Outside of what papagrit stated, which is something to definitely consider, there are more positives than negatives to parting ways with Southern.
If he wants to go to Pulaski County, that's definitely fine by me but, as others have stated, the major issue will be the legitimacy of the move and even if it is legitimate, there's still the chance that the KHSAA will still not allow him to play. Too risky IMO but, if he is able to somehow get it done, come on down!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Wildcat18 Wrote:It's not Belfry, so don't worry about it.

On a serious note, I have no idea if he's interested in moving out of Richmond, no idea where he's going to college, and no idea when he'll enroll in college. However, I do know there has been some player-to-player communication concerning the topic of him moving. We'll know if it happens I suppose.

I stated that there were rumors that he was leaving and there are from numerous people. I was not going to even bring up anything I'd heard until someone else started the topic. Outside of what papagrit stated, which is something to definitely consider, there are more positives than negatives to parting ways with Southern.

Never implied it was Belfry? Lol. Doors open for him though (;

I just prefer to keep up with kids who are considering Ohio State.
Oh and the reason I asked is because I know Bourbon County likes to bring kids in... Holman will be a daunting task for us anyways next year.
Just talked to my buddy, who talks to damien almost every day and is pretty close to him. He said, the rumors are exactly what they are rumors. He said 100% not true on any of it. So take it fwiw.
I watched some game film of Madison Southern recently, and I couldn't believe their offensive scheme. Needless to say, when Harris is gone, they are going to struggle. The kid is special and if he could get into a system that was a little more sophisticated, it's unimaginable at what he could do. Personally, I'd love to see him somewhere else. I have no ties to any school in this conversation, but for pure competitive purposes, I'd like to see it.

With that said, I don't think it is likely that he leaves.
TriCountySports Wrote:I watched some game film of Madison Southern recently, and I couldn't believe their offensive scheme. Needless to say, when Harris is gone, they are going to struggle. The kid is special and if he could get into a system that was a little more sophisticated, it's unimaginable at what he could do. Personally, I'd love to see him somewhere else. I have no ties to any school in this conversation, but for pure competitive purposes, I'd like to see it.

With that said, I don't think it is likely that he leaves.

I agree 100%. It's toss right, toss left, counter, screen, then repeat. I know 8 year old kids who have more of an imagination on Madden. If you like what Damien does now, you'd love what he could do in another offensive scheme.
I would think you all would have realized by watching 14th region basketball that you can get anyone eligible.
All he would have to do is actually move to another school district.
prediction....Harris will end up at Michigan. He is just enjoying all the attention and I can't blame him.
steel city gal Wrote:prediction....Harris will end up at Michigan. He is just enjoying all the attention and I can't blame him.

I agree with that statement 100%.

Damien was just named MVP of Best in the Midwest Combine in Indy this past week for top recruits of all positions. I would eat this attention up as well if I just turned 17 years old.
You shameless recruiters!!!! (Gut, LeeCo and belfry0304)

Personally, I think Damien would look awesome in a black bear uniform!!!

Smile
Ahhh, let the kid come to Pikeville. He'd look good in Maroon and White, plus no one could ever say they only have 4 plays in that scheme. Lol. Just kidding. Wish him well no matter what happens. Have heard he's a stud, have not had the pleasure of seeing him play yet.
PHSForever Wrote:Ahhh, let the kid come to Pikeville. He'd look good in Maroon and White, plus no one could ever say they only have 4 plays in that scheme. Lol. Just kidding. Wish him well no matter what happens. Have heard he's a stud, have not had the pleasure of seeing him play yet.

From a logic standpoint you aren't far from what I would do if Damien was my son.

Let's face it...unless he played for Trinity/St. X/Bowling Green he isn't going to be facing competition that will sharpen him for the next level.

He also has every offer he could want already.

My goal if he were my son would be to put him in the best situation to ensure he:
A) Stayed Healthy
B) Was Academically Prepared for College
C) Kept Him Out of Trouble
D) Gave Him the Best Shot at a State Title Ring

I would strongly consider a small school with great academics to meet that criteria. A school like a LCA is the first to pop in my head.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From a logic standpoint you aren't far from what I would do if Damien was my son.

Let's face it...unless he played for Trinity/St. X/Bowling Green he isn't going to be facing competition that will sharpen him for the next level.

He also has every offer he could want already.

My goal if he were my son would be to put him in the best situation to ensure he:
A) Stayed Healthy
B) Was Academically Prepared for College
C) Kept Him Out of Trouble
D) Gave Him the Best Shot at a State Title Ring

I would strongly consider a small school with great academics to meet that criteria. A school like a LCA is the first to pop in my head.

Berea is right down the road! Ha!
Why would he leave? The guy at Madison Southern is the most proactive coach for recruiting in the state. Damien wouldn't be where he is without that guy. The rest of the coaches ought to listen to him from what I heard. Alabama has offered now and don't think for a minute they are not in the mix. They will move straight to the top and should.
Oh, I'm not saying the child SHOULD move, but if he is so inclined black and red would look mighty good on him!!!!

Smile
catsallthetime Wrote:Why would he leave? The guy at Madison Southern is the most proactive coach for recruiting in the state. Damien wouldn't be where he is without that guy. The rest of the coaches ought to listen to him from what I heard. Alabama has offered now and don't think for a minute they are not in the mix. They will move straight to the top and should.

My response to the statements in bold above... Are you on narcotics? If not, you should be. As I've said before, I know elementary school children who could put together a better, more complex offensive scheme than you see at Madison Southern. No one can doubt that. The scheme survives because of Harris alone. Without Harris, that scheme fails. They'd be deadly running something more complex, but they won't and it sucks for him.
Whitley County has an opening.
I hope Kentucky has gained some ground with him. If he will consider them, then I like Stoops' chances at reeling him in. He did it with Barker and Elam, and I think those two will be on Harris, for sure.

But, if Bama offered him, I couldn't blame him for going there. Look at what they've done with running backs!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley County has an opening.

It may have been worth it to Whitley to offer him the head coaching spot as well. Would have made that transfer much more enticing.
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh, I'm not saying the child SHOULD move, but if he is so inclined black and red would look mighty good on him!!!!

Smile

Harlan Cointy could win a state title with Harris....Just saying...lol
We are going to call him home to Mayfield where his dad played his HS ball
catsallthetime Wrote:Why would he leave? The guy at Madison Southern is the most proactive coach for recruiting in the state. Damien wouldn't be where he is without that guy. The rest of the coaches ought to listen to him from what I heard. Alabama has offered now and don't think for a minute they are not in the mix. They will move straight to the top and should.

Yeah and as soon as Damien graduates he will be gone himself...I would be!
I say he go to the SEC before its over...Its to cold in Columbus and Ann Arbor and he may want to play in the best conference in America.

Different story than I heard?? Heard he was keeping lots of recruiting letters and news from him. He had a VERY vested interest in him going to UM. Once that news reached Harris he de-commited. Thus the transfer rumors kicked up in high gear.

If you have ever seen this kid play you know he does not need a coach to promote him!!!! But a coach could sure be a hindrance to him by keeping info from college coaches from him.
Well he was a G.A. at Auburn so I would bet college is going to happen soon. I also know that he has a relationship with a coach at Michigan so that would not shock me and whoever heard that is telling the truth.
New Coach coming to Garrard. Excitement in the air!!! He's more than welcome to be
a Golden Lion!!!!!!!!!
Wildcat18 Wrote:My response to the statements in bold above... Are you on narcotics? If not, you should be. As I've said before, I know elementary school children who could put together a better, more complex offensive scheme than you see at Madison Southern. No one can doubt that. The scheme survives because of Harris alone. Without Harris, that scheme fails. They'd be deadly running something more complex, but they won't and it sucks for him.

Wildcat18 Wrote:It may have been worth it to Whitley to offer him the head coaching spot as well. Would have made that transfer much more enticing.

Just a guy who is familiar with how the recruiting game goes. I don't question this boys talent at all. Great player .What you fail to understand is the coach he has is a ex college coach and from what I understand so are several of his assistants.
They know how to promote kids and where to go and with whom to talk to get the names out. These coaches get them in front of the right people and then they (Damien) perform. This kid is at Madison Southern in Kentucky. Trust me without the coach promoting him he would not be close to this much national exposure. His coached called every college around, early. (Find out where his coach was Monday and what he was doing) What I am saying not many coaches will do that. I know several of these coaches and I know what they do. Just ask Mark Stoops.
As to Narcotics. No. Just a guy who has been around the recruiting game for 30 years and knows what it takes to get kids on the shelf. It takes proactive parents and coaches. The problems are in a lot of instances the coaches don't know how to promote or are unwilling. So my advice to you when you jump the gun and make comments like that backed with only knowledge you have gathered from fan websites and what you have heard , you stop and remember this. Nothing wrong with being ignorant to a topic. Just don't open that mouth and remove all doubts.
I hear KY was the front runner. Any news?
From some guys I work with in Berea factory, they say he isnt going to UK