Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damien Harris
Urban Meyer is at Madison Southern right now as we speak. Please Damien do not go to Ohio State.
Can't you talk him into going to UK?????
It is my understanding it is between 3 schools, Michigan, Ohio State, and out of nowhere LSU.
UK is not in the mix from my understanding, and it's really between OSU and Michigan.
Geez, what a choice!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Can't you talk him into going to UK?????

yahtzee Confusednicker:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:UK is not in the mix from my understanding, and it's really between OSU and Michigan.

Imagine if he goes to Ohio State after verbally committing to Michigan....

I'm not a fan of EITHER team by a long shot....but their respective fan bases are about like those of the Yankees and the RedSox. Not much love there at all.

He would hear it from the Michigan fans for sure. :flame:

Best of luck to him on the decision.
I've been told that Harris is the son of Mayfield's William Murrell. William went to EKY back in the mid 1990's. He was a heck of a back.
I would die before my son would ever play at Ohio State! In my home that wouldn't be an option!
i think that he should go to uk because he could most and likey start there
Killer in the Sun Wrote:I've been told that Harris is the son of Mayfield's William Murrell. William went to EKY back in the mid 1990's. He was a heck of a back.

That is correct.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:I've been told that Harris is the son of Mayfield's William Murrell. William went to EKY back in the mid 1990's. He was a heck of a back.

JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I would die before my son would ever play at Ohio State! In my home that wouldn't be an option!

I agree, but its not your choice. Let the kid go where he wants and be happy for him.
Been hearing whispers of a possible change of address, any truth to this?
insideinfo Wrote:Been hearing whispers of a possible change of address, any truth to this?

I've heard the same thing recently, but didn't want to say anything to stir up any rumors. Glad you brought it up. As soon as I heard Chuck Smith to Central, I told a buddy of mine to watch out for Harris to head that direction. Now that Smith's out, I wouldn't count on that now. I'm still hearing rumors of a possible move, but it's not in Madison County.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I've heard the same thing recently, but didn't want to say anything to stir up any rumors. Glad you brought it up. As soon as I heard Chuck Smith to Central, I told a buddy of mine to watch out for Harris to head that direction. Now that Smith's out, I wouldn't count on that now. I'm still hearing rumors of a possible move, but it's not in Madison County.

I've been hearing a little further north.
insideinfo Wrote:I've been hearing a little further north.

I'm hearing more south. LOL. I know he's been communicating with some players I know about the possibilities. That's fact. But it could just be talk among high school kids and nothing serious to it.
Damien isn't leaving Madison Southern, he has nothing to gain from that and that's just somebody starting a rumor and nothing more.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Damien isn't leaving Madison Southern, he has nothing to gain from that and that's just somebody starting a rumor and nothing more.

A state championship. He won't get that at Madison Southern. Playing in an offense with more than 4 plays would also benefit him in my opinion.
Not arguing their offense, but the kid is staying at Southern and whoever has told you that is lying.
He may stay at Southern, but he IS talking to players about the possibilities of life outside of Madison Southern. That's fact, I've seen it. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me. I'm guessing it would surprise you. LOL
Well considering I see the kid almost everyday.
Well why didn't you say so? I see the lady at the Hardee's drive-thru about everyday, but it doesn't mean I know whether or not she'll transfer to McDonald's sometime soon.
Wildcat18 Wrote:He may stay at Southern, but he IS talking to players about the possibilities of life outside of Madison Southern. That's fact, I've seen it. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me. I'm guessing it would surprise you. LOL

I don't have a dog in the fight...but....I dont think Harris will leave Southern now for the simple reason that he is taking a BIG risk in trying to requalify for his senior year someplace else. I KNOW I've seen on this website twice where a kid left a school for his senior year for whatever valid reason and the KHSAA put the nix on them after the adjustment. Whether it is a valid looking move or not the KHSAA can be funny about moves llike that. If it smells fishy or if coaches complain of recruiting then they can put a really hairy eyeball on such situations. One case was a kid that left Danville to go to Boyle County and I don't remember all the ins and outs of it. He left one parents home to go to another parents home which changed his districts and it didn't work out and he missed his senior year of football I'm pretty sure. Damien better get some really good legal advice about such a move because it would be REALLY bad to miss out on your senior year. If he was considering moving, he should have done it last year to be safe for his senior year. What color would he be wearing if he made such a move? Maroon?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Well why didn't you say so? I see the lady at the Hardee's drive-thru about everyday, but it doesn't mean I know whether or not she'll transfer to McDonald's sometime soon.

Hardees has better burgers in my opinion but I like McDonald's fries a lot better. That would be a tough decision. I'd probably go with Hardees because they also have fried chicken and hotdogs.
Harris picked up another offer....

AUBURN.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Damien isn't leaving Madison Southern, he has nothing to gain from that and that's just somebody starting a rumor and nothing more.

I agree from the person I talk to who knows Damien well. He's not leaving Southern until December when he most likely will early enroll.
#DamienToColumbus

Enough said. Also, if you're going to post this crap about him leaving be man enough to say where he's supposedly going. If you're going to talk, don't half-ass the "what you heards"
I wish Damien well. Met him at a track meet last year and outstanding young man. He's a winner and will be a great college football player one day. Still believe he will end up a wolverine but watch out for the Buckeyes and Urban Meyer.
South?? Come on down to Mayfield!
papagrit Wrote:I don't have a dog in the fight...but....I dont think Harris will leave Southern now for the simple reason that he is taking a BIG risk in trying to requalify for his senior year someplace else. I KNOW I've seen on this website twice where a kid left a school for his senior year for whatever valid reason and the KHSAA put the nix on them after the adjustment. Whether it is a valid looking move or not the KHSAA can be funny about moves llike that. If it smells fishy or if coaches complain of recruiting then they can put a really hairy eyeball on such situations. One case was a kid that left Danville to go to Boyle County and I don't remember all the ins and outs of it. He left one parents home to go to another parents home which changed his districts and it didn't work out and he missed his senior year of football I'm pretty sure. Damien better get some really good legal advice about such a move because it would be REALLY bad to miss out on your senior year. If he was considering moving, he should have done it last year to be safe for his senior year. What color would he be wearing if he made such a move? Maroon?

The most legitimate comment on this thread. Good points. I have no idea where he would go IF he were to make a move. That would be a question FarristownFlyer would have to hunt down Harris in the hallways of Madison Southern to ask him personally.