Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Team Rankings (February)
It's been a crazy year. Some teams seem to have gotten better, while other look like they're getting worse.

I'm curious as to who you think has been the best so far.

After looking at teams this week, I say -

1. Jackson County Generals
2. Knox Central Panthers
3. Bell County Bobcats
4. South Laurel Cardinals
5. Clay County Tigers

1. Clay county ( play much tougher schedules )
2. Jackson county
3. Knox central
4. Bell county
5. Harlan ( beat to 14th team buckhorn and Leslie county )
6. South laurel
7. North laurel
:poker face:
Clay County @ 5? Come on now.
Jackson co and Knox central play this week?
64SUR Wrote:1. Clay county ( play much tougher schedules )
2. Jackson county
3. Knox central
4. Bell county
6. South laurel
7. North laurel

Clay has played the weakest schedule ,when clay has played someone good they got beat bottom line.....I like how you guys try to justify when being wrong clay has gone south and you know it..
outsidelookin Wrote:Clay has played the weakest schedule ,when clay has played someone good they got beat bottom line.....I like how you guys try to justify when being wrong clay has gone south and you know it..

Outsidelookin standing on a shoe box....who your top 5 give us your opinion.... And don't say Betsy Layne. :please:
Clay doesn't play defense and lacks effort at times but don't forget who is the most talented in the region. I don't want to be the "flip the switch" guy, but you never know come tournament time. They did the same thing last year. I have them 4th, for now.
64sur Wrote:outsidelookin standing on a shoe box....who your top 5 give us your opinion.... And don't say betsy layne. :please:

jackson,knox,bell,clay and south laurel then betsy layne..
outsidelookin Wrote:jackson,knox,bell,clay and south laurel then betsy layne..

You and TriCountySports Allmosts agreeing on the top 5....WOW...unbelievable...Confusednicker:
Funny
Clay has took what most people though was the best player in the region coming into the season and stands him in the corner for long periods at a time, and plays Smith at point for reasons I can't figure out.
insideinfo Wrote:Clay has took what most people though was the best player in the region coming into the season and stands him in the corner for long periods at a time, and plays Smith at point for reasons I can't figure out.

Agree 100%, I'm sure EKYBubba would too. Very few people have questioned why McDaniel is scoring 8-12 points coming off such a great sophomore campaign. I know he averages more than that but still, seeing way too many games of less than 16 in defeats.
insideinfo Wrote:Clay has took what most people though was the best player in the region coming into the season and stands him in the corner for long periods at a time, and plays Smith at point for reasons I can't figure out.

Lots of new faces, if you catch my drift. That's all I'm saying.
Jackson County has my pick for #1 and to win the 13th.
1. Knox Central
2. Bell Co.
3. Clay Co.
4. Jackson Co.
5. South Laurel
It gets real interesting when you get to teams ranked 6-12. Of course, we rank those, too. Wink
64SUR Wrote:1. Clay county ( play much tougher schedules )
2. Jackson county
3. Knox central
4. Bell county
6. South laurel
7. North laurel

Updating my Ranking
1.Clay CO....( just hanging on )
2. Knox CO.....( I work in clay sorry lol! )
3. Jackson CO...( outsidelookin )
4.South Laurel...( trading spot with bell )
5. Bell CO...( sorry bell )
6. North Laurel ( I hope y'all win the 13th period )
7. Harlan ( good season )
8.Rest of the field ( :worthy: )
64SUR Wrote:Updating my Ranking
Hey no way am I a Jackson co. fan I just thought they might be better KC is where I got ties now that they beat them KC is number 1 and CLAY is not hanging on they done fell off the cliff.....
Looks like there will be a new No. 1 next week, as Knox Central knocked off Jackson Co last night. Big win for the Panthers, especially on the road.

I hate to say it, but Harlan's good season is a bit overrated. Their schedule has been the worst in the region and they lost to Harlan County for the second time last night.
TriCountySports Wrote:I hate to say it, but Harlan's good season is a bit overrated. Their schedule has been the worst in the region and they lost to Harlan County for the second time last night.
I have to agree with you pal, the dragons dont seem to have it when it comes stepping up and playing with the big boys. There one win that some folks talk about over N Laurel was at home and early and IMO NL is outside the top 6 or 7 teams in region anyway. I have seen NL and they dont impress me, there best player is a freshman and its not like he's the next Richie Farmer! Lol
KC is not my team, but facts are facts--in the last three weeks they have won at Clay, at Corbin, at South and at Jackson, plus have beaten Bell at home. Sure, they could go out in the first round of the region, anyone could in this region, but they have earned the right to be on top of the regional rankings with what they have done on the floor.
Right now it has to KC, JC, Bell then Clay. Anything can happen in the 13th but I think the champion will come from those 4 teams. Marsee's inside presence for Knox is what sets them apart from the rest of the region IMO.
Here are the rankings

1 Knox Central
2 Jackson County
3 Clay County
4 Bell county
5 South Laurel
6 Corbin
7 North Laurel

After Knox Central beating Jackson County @ Jackson they have to be considered the favorite in the region. Just look at who all they beaten on the road the last few weeks???

Updating my Ranking again

1. Knox central. ( :worthy: )
2. Clay co. ( :rockon: )
3..Jackson co ( :eyeroll: )
4. Bell co ( :HitWall: )
5. North laurel. ( :beg: )
1. Knox Central
2. Jackson Co.
3. Bell Co.
4. Clay Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. North Laurel
8. Barbourville
9. Whitley Co.
10. Harlan Co.
11. Middlesboro
12. Williamsburg
13. Harlan Ind.
14. OBI
15. Pineville
16. Lynn Camp
17. Red Bird
TheProfessor33 Wrote:1. Knox Central
2. Jackson Co.
3. Bell Co.
4. Clay Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Corbin
7. North Laurel
8. Barbourville
9. Whitley Co.
10. Harlan Co.
11. Middlesboro
12. Williamsburg
13. Harlan Ind.
14. OBI
15. Pineville
16. Lynn Camp
17. Red Bird

I think this will look very similar to what I post this Wednesday. I don't know what will happen between now and then, but this looks pretty good.
How can that look could when North beat South handily Last Friday night?
64SUR Wrote:Updating my Ranking again

1. Knox central. ( :worthy: )
2. Clay co. ( :rockon: )
3..Jackson co ( :eyeroll: )
4. Bell co ( :HitWall: )
5. North laurel. ( :beg: )

Less than 24hr changing my Ranking

1. Knox
2. Clay
3. Jackson
4. North
5. South
Confusednicker:
North 25 Wrote:How can that look could when North beat South handily Last Friday night?

I said similar, not exact. But, now, South beat Bell and North squeaked by Pineville. This region is like a roller coaster ride!