•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Releases Realignment Numbers
blue1424 Wrote:If Highlands and Covington Catholic were to move up, would they go to 5A or 6A?

In all seriousness, if I were a Highlands fan and they decided to play up, id want to go to 6A for the competition. It would end all the talk about whos better than who every year.
That's coming from a fan perspective. Im not sure about how parents and the admins who want to win titles every year would feel.
It also would not work because East Caryer will be 4A
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wasn't Adair in the same district as Corbin at one time?
I also remember Larue being in the same region...

And that was with four classes. Its not like the KHSAA wont do what works, even if it means some schools getting screwed on travel time.
As fever said, every class is going to have one or two teams that's way out.

They were, but it was more like Corbin was in a district with them. It was back in the early 2000's, region 2 I believe.

Larue and E-town went with Bardstown and several of the Louisville schools like Shawnee, Moore, DeSales, Western.

Corbin was thrown into a district with Adair, Taylor, Casey, Russell County and Wayne County. Which Adair happens to border all 3 of those four and is 45 mins from Wayne.

Corbin was just on an island by itself to a degree. Had to go somewhere. I can't think of any 2A schools that were remotely in their area those years to be honest outside of Whitesburg.

Hazard of course was. Boyle had gone 3A. Danville had gone 1A. Rockcastle had gone 3A. McCreary Central was 3A. Lincoln County was 3A Of course the Laurel's were bigger, as were Whitley, Knox and Bell. Middlesboro was 1A, as was Somerset. The Pulaski's were obviously bigger, too. Jackson County had yet to start a program.

They could have, and probably should have gone into the 2A district with Whitesburg, but the didn't. Then again, come to think of it, I dont know that they would have actually been any closer to any of those other school outside of Whitesburg, probably farther to be honest.

Not the case this time, IMO.

It was almost like Corbin had no place to go.
blue1424 Wrote:If Highlands and Covington Catholic were to move up, would they go to 5A or 6A?

I would think that if they did move up, it would be to 5A.
FBALL Wrote:It also would not work because East Caryer will be 4A

At the top I listed that East will drop back to 3A if Pendleton moves up to 4A. If they don't then Pendleton would probably replace East.
footballfever Wrote:There is NO alignment anyone can make that won't have someone travel a 100 miles or make everyone happy.
32-40 teams spread out over 120 counties, 380 miles by 140 miles. It isn't happening :igiveup::please:

Agreed -- but we can do BETTER.

Bell County in the West? Please.

Heck, according to official KHSAA documents, Prestonsburg presented a possible 2-A alignment with Fort Knox -- west of Louisville, mind you -- in the same district as NewCath, Newport, etc.!

Do they own a map at all in Prestonsburg? Even offer geography? Since Prestonsburg submitted it, the KHSAA had to consider it at its board of control meeting. But it's doubtful anyone took them seriously (especially since teams have yet to decide who is playing up AND Prestonsburg flunked geography).

This is why four-class football was much better than six classes. With more teams to pull from, you were likely to have closer travel buddies. Plus, you had to earn your way into the playoffs. Had larger districts, sure, but Fort Knox was in a six-team district THIS PAST SEASON. Which supposedly shouldn't have happened with six classes.

Also, in six classes, you're stuck with teams you might not have ties to. For example, E'town and LaRue are in a district with Central and Henry. ... E'town and LaRue don't play Central and Henry in JV football or freshman football. Not in many other team sports (basketball, soccer, volleyball, baseball-softball) either. Not when you can stay closer to home and play four schools from Nelson County, five schools from Hardin County, two schools from Hart County, etc.

Six classes cause more problems than their advantages.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:At the top I listed that East will drop back to 3A if Pendleton moves up to 4A. If they don't then Pendleton would probably replace East.

Still wouldn't work because you dont even Knott County in any district.
KCCFootball Wrote:Still wouldn't work because you dont even Knott County in any district.

I had East Ridge instead of KCC. But I think this alignment will change even more than I thought so I am scraping it.
Id like to see them go to 5 classes. Then district runner up and champ make the playoffs. Its become like basketball. When the regular season means nothing. Makes no sense.
^
I think 5 classes is the perfect fit for this state.
This change comes 1 year too late for the Williamsburg Orange Jackets. We still have them one more time.
You talk about bad news for Tiger fans. Now just after losing their coach, the Murray Tigers find out that we will be in their district again starting in the 2015 season. That is just when our talent is going to be rising to the best that we have seen since probably 2010. This should be a good district. It will be much better than we have had for a while. We got the Mayfield Cardinals, the power of late in Murray Tigers and the much improved Ballard Memorial Bombers. I like the competition. Now I guess, all those NCC faithful and Somerset faithful will get a chance to prove that we cannot play with them. I bet I have heard that we couldn't for the past 3 years at least a hundred times.
2015 season, we will have a senior class of Johnny Hernandez, Lane Kennemore, J L Wimberly, Keelan Murphy, Nathan Sullivan, Sidney Herndon, Davis Mills, Colby Tucker, Kevin Caldwell and Brintley Adams. We will have a junior class of Trajon Bright, Nick Workman, Landon Arnett, Kincer Arnett, Xavier Brown, Caleb Adams, Jaime Tapia, Elijah Brimer, Shawn Ganaway, Anton Lumson and Bryce Nall. We will have a sophomore group with Jack Murrell and others as well. We will have the skill sets like 2010 and probably as good or maybe even better size and speed on the line. Getting close to being able to 2 platoon at this point.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Id like to see them go to 5 classes. Then district runner up and champ make the playoffs. Its become like basketball. When the regular season means nothing. Makes no sense.

Amen!
Do you have to show a geographical hardship in order to move up or can anyone move up that wants to?
Does it really bother you all that much that we have 6 classes? The least each class has is 32 teams. I think it is good for football in the state of Ky. It gives kids in a school the size of Williamsburg or Fulton a chance to actually get a state championship. I do not see any problem with that. I think if you take those chances away from the kids, there is less to work for.
footballfever Wrote:Do you have to show a geographical hardship in order to move up or can anyone move up that wants to?

According to the KHSAA it appears anybody can ask to play up no matter the geographic hardship.
mysonis55 Wrote:Does it really bother you all that much that we have 6 classes? The least each class has is 32 teams. I think it is good for football in the state of Ky. It gives kids in a school the size of Williamsburg or Fulton a chance to actually get a state championship. I do not see any problem with that. I think if you take those chances away from the kids, there is less to work for.

I agree. With 6 classes there are teams that go into the season working and really believing they have a chance to win a district, region, make it to state championship.
walterwhite Wrote:"It makes no sense for Letcher, Perry, Knox, Clay not to be in same dist. Very close to each other."

This works, but it's a nice haul from Knox to Letcher. Pretty good trip from Clay, for that matter.

Knox was in the same district as Letcher Central in the first two years after consolidation along with Clay, Rock, Bell, and Madison Southern. Clay was still in the district until the last realignment. LCC had a pretty good start to a rivalry going with Clay for a little while some great games while they were both in the same district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I think 5 classes is the perfect fit for this state.

If we had 5 classes, then who would be in each class. Can you put 1-5 in a class so I can see how it may be better
Love how the Belfry fans on both boards are putting anyone relevant in 3A all on the West side.
region Wrote:Love how the Belfry fans on both boards are putting anyone relevant in 3A all on the West side.

They better not, from what I saw Boyle Co and Lex Cath will be on the west side. Where the east is loaded from Bell Co, Lou Central. Better beat those teams first before the deal with the west.
Lou. Central and Bell are in the West as well. But, Boyle will not have to worry about Bell.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Lou. Central and Bell are in the West as well. But, Boyle will not have to worry about Bell.

I guess I read the mapping wrong. Thx! Thought Bell Co would be in the east.
Who knows where they will be in 2015? That is where they are now. It is crazy to have them there.
I think Boyle, Lex Cath, Central, and Tighlman are all going to be in the west.

I think Belfry, Breathitt, Bell, and Corbin all in the east.
Full deck Wrote:If we had 5 classes, then who would be in each class. Can you put 1-5 in a class so I can see how it may be better

Give me a day or two and ill give you an example. To busy today.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Boyle, Lex Cath, Central, and Tighlman are all going to be in the west.

Yep. Others in the West will be:

Fort Campbell- Enough said.

Caldwell County- (they'll have lost Sindelar, but they are stacked back through their MS program. Great run of talent going through Princeton right now about 4-5 classes deep.)

Trigg County- No slouch either. Never short on athletes. Have played 2nd fiddle to Tilghman and Ft. Campbell here of late, but most would.

Elizabethtown- They had their two down years and they are back. Went 6-5 this year and was sophomore dominated. Very good/talented 8th grade bunch as well. They were the REGULAR season champs in their Hardin County/E-town/Meade County conference which is made up of feeder schools for much bigger programs in their area.
I'll take 5 divisions and the top 2 teams from each district in the playoffs any day. Make the regular season and a playoff birth something special again. If not let's just hand out participation trophies and hugs all around.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Boyle, Lex Cath, Central, and Tighlman are all going to be in the west.

Can't honestly understand how Lex Cath would go West.....should definitely be on the eastern side of of 3A
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next