Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 2014
After logging in today, I had almost 10 private messages concerning problems with the "Southwestern Coaching" thread. There were rules broken on that thread several times. We'll try this again, but it will be watch closely. Keep it on topic and discuss the team. Remember that even speculating about someone's identity will result in a permanent ban from the site. We will not tolerate revealing someone's identity.

Also, in case any of you need a refresher, here is a link to the site rules...

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...e=bgrrules

Now, continue on.
Got it, can we watch starting and spreading rumors.
Why dont everyone watch for getting your feelings hurt.....BUT on the topic of SW. Great Hire by our admin. Out with the good ole boys.
Huuhwhatt Wrote:Got it, can we watch starting and spreading rumors.

We watch and read them in every post on this thread. That is what this site is about, believe it or not.
We, don't have to be Sunday School teachers about it...we can have good conversations. The shots are still being taken I see... did sw somehow do you wrong..? It's been a breathe of fresh air all the way around for sw sports, basketball, soccer, baseball etc. To get rid of some of the good ole crew, imo.
I'm happy for the kids bc the last 2 years have been a joke for the fball team.
PRIDE101 Wrote:We watch and read them in every post on this thread. That is what this site is about, believe it or not.

To a point I agree... but some things said are ridiculous.
They are. I say most of them. Rumors and half truths built upon, ect.....especially during the off season. Rumors is all most of us have.
Guess I'm still getting use to this site. Other sites don't allow such stuff to go on.
Back to topic.
Huuhwhatt Wrote:We, don't have to be Sunday School teachers about it...we can have good conversations. The shots are still being taken I see... did sw somehow do you wrong..? It's been a breathe of fresh air all the way around for sw sports, basketball, soccer, baseball etc. To get rid of some of the good ole crew, imo.
I'm happy for the kids bc the last 2 years have been a joke for the fball team.

It is ironic how those who coach on a Friday night, or teach Sunday School and are supposed to be setting an example have such proposterous things to say about someone or something that they in fact have no knowledge of. The inner workings of a basketball locker room are very different than that of a football.

Good luck Coach French, and I hope you take the advice of the late great Frank Sinatra and do it your way! Don't let the crazies bring you down!
I agree footballguy, you all need to stay away from the program. Even little league.
Will French keep the same system he used at BC?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Will French keep the same system he used at BC?
Yeah I'm more interested in what Coach French is bring to the table more so than everyone's feeling, is this a bunch of women gossiping or are we talking football?

I'd say so, Frenchy more than likely his OC. With him (larry) running the defense. From what I know about sw depth chart, he can do exactly what he likes to do. They are loaded up front.
Huuhwhatt Wrote:I'd say so, Frenchy more than likely his OC. With him (larry) running the defense. From what I know about sw depth chart, he can do exactly what he likes to do. They are loaded up front.

Now here is a post I agree with. They are loaded and I suspect to see some of the kids that were not playing back on the field soon!

Coach French runs a 4-4 defense.-------He would run a 4-4 offense if it was legal. Needless to say he loves the 4-4.

Seriuosly, coach French is a defensive minded coach. He really doesnt care what you run offensively as long as it gets downhill and is aggressive:redboxer:. He likes the belly play, but other than that he just wants to be the aggessor:ChairHit: and get after you on defense:HitWall:. JMO
Any ideas on who he'll have helping other than his son as OC? Just wondering if any of the guys who put in for HC will get interviewed for assistant positions. I'm sure I could name 2 or 3 but would like to know what everyone else thinks.
Bean Counter Wrote:Any ideas on who he'll have helping other than his son as OC? Just wondering if any of the guys who put in for HC will get interviewed for assistant positions. I'm sure I could name 2 or 3 but would like to know what everyone else thinks.

If he hires any of the former nuts it will be the end of him. Remember in 2/3 years I said this. He wont deal with the crap they bring and will force him to get out sooner than later.
His son coached defense at Central Hardin. Larry actually coached the QB and the kickers several years at Boyle.
I keep hearing about "loaded with talent", what does SW look like on O and D this coming season?
they r have alot of good plays but if they dont have a good o line they they cant run the ball
So are you saying the O-line is SW's weak point?
Realistically, SW should have finished last year 5-5. Lost 4 games
in the last two minutes by a touchdown or less. Lost to Pulaski and
Corbin by two TD's. The only games they lost big were Madison
Southern, Belfry, and Corbin. They were really in most of their games.

The O line should be one of SW's strong points. Only graduated one
senior linemen (center) on a team that averaged about 225 yds per game on the ground. Granted they had two good running backs that graduated but someone made the holes.

Depending on how you look at it, graduated only 2 or 3 seniors on defense.

With Coach French's knowledge and tweaking to put players in the right position and allowing some of the best players to play some on both sides
of the ball, there should be a big turnaround at SW this year.
Iam4thecats Wrote:His son coached defense at Central Hardin. Larry actually coached the QB and the kickers several years at Boyle.
Coach French has stated that he will be taking care of the defense and his son will be the offense guy. Unless he's changed his mind since last Monday, that's what the Warriors are expecting.
I had a chance to see SW twice last year, they have a lot of talent. I think the numbers will be very high and they will get some players who out who have not played the last few years. They will be solid at QB and have a loaded backfield and big line.

I think SW is a district and regional contender with coach French at the helm, and I am not talking about in the next few years, I think they are contenders immediately...
The Cross Movement Wrote:I had a chance to see SW twice last year, they have a lot of talent. I think the numbers will be very high and they will get some players who out who have not played the last few years. They will be solid at QB and have a loaded backfield and big line.

I think SW is a district and regional contender with coach French at the helm, and I am not talking about in the next few years, I think they are contenders immediately...

Maybe I'm being blinded by Hall and Hatcher across town, but I've not seen a QB close to that caliber at SW. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say a QB will have to be developed as I personally think that's their weakest point on the team. Their OL is LOADED and they do have some good running backs returning. I agree with you about getting players out. I think that will be huge. I'm anxious to see what their defense will look like as well.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Maybe I'm being blinded by Hall and Hatcher across town, but I've not seen a QB close to that caliber at SW. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say a QB will have to be developed as I personally think that's their weakest point on the team. Their OL is LOADED and they do have some good running backs returning. I agree with you about getting players out. I think that will be huge. I'm anxious to see what their defense will look like as well.

I agree with you on the QB issue, I think Hatcher and Hall are exceptional. I am not sure what SW QB's name name is, but I know he was a freshman and started against North Laurel - it maybe Smiddy, but the kid was gifted, with the right mentorship and proper work ethic, which Coach French will demand, I think he will be very good, like Hatcher and Hall, I believe this young man led his team to a middle school state title. He has a lot of talent and upside....Not sure if my facts are right here, feel free to correct me...but I was impressed with this freshman QB...
The Cross Movement Wrote:I agree with you on the QB issue, I think Hatcher and Hall are exceptional. I am not sure what SW QB's name name is, but I know he was a freshman and started against North Laurel - it maybe Smiddy, but the kid was gifted, with the right mentorship and proper work ethic, which Coach French will demand, I think he will be very good, like Hatcher and Hall, I believe this young man led his team to a middle school state title. He has a lot of talent and upside....Not sure if my facts are right here, feel free to correct me...but I was impressed with this freshman QB...

I believe Smiddy played for Russell County this last season. I'm not sure who the freshman QB is, but I know SW has a couple of younger guys that should be a good starting point for success at that spot with a little work. I'm not putting much stock in the success of the QB position from their middle school run because they only threw the ball 2 or 3 times a game. Under the Engle era, they didn't do the QB any favors in developing them with the system they ran. It's obvious that those championships (while a great accomplishment at the middle school level) didn't translate to the high school at all. It has translated really well at Pulaski and pretty well at Somerset. I feel like that transition has A LOT to do with the style of play at the middle school. They were both ahead of the game when they got to the high school. With the middle school staff there now, I see a lot more development for high school because they spread it around on offense and get more than 2 or 3 players involved. It'll help in the long-run.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I believe Smiddy played for Russell County this last season. I'm not sure who the freshman QB is, but I know SW has a couple of younger guys that should be a good starting point for success at that spot with a little work. I'm not putting much stock in the success of the QB position from their middle school run because they only threw the ball 2 or 3 times a game. Under the Engle era, they didn't do the QB any favors in developing them with the system they ran. It's obvious that those championships (while a great accomplishment at the middle school level) didn't translate to the high school at all. It has translated really well at Pulaski and pretty well at Somerset. I feel like that transition has A LOT to do with the style of play at the middle school. They were both ahead of the game when they got to the high school. With the middle school staff there now, I see a lot more development for high school because they spread it around on offense and get more than 2 or 3 players involved. It'll help in the long-run.

Thanks for clarifying, I don't know all the ins and outs of SW Football but like I said that freshman QB, whoever it was was gifted......I saw a lot of talent on that Warrior team...Best wishes, the future looks bright for you guys!
yes im say they have a weak link ii the o line becuse when u played them last year there weak link was the center and the guards because i ripped them a new one