Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region - Who would be the best if there were NO Transfers?
Lets say there was no Justin Johnson, Tobler, Toomer at Perry, no Justice and Sammons at Knott, no Hudson at Hazard, Cordia minus about their entire team. Who would be the best team in the Region? Just curious as to has the most Home Grown Talent.
Hazard would still have Hollan, Perry would still have Beverly, Knott would still have Hall and Christian, Cordia would have....nothing. I think it would be a toss-up between KCC, Hazard and PCC, just like it is right now.
It would be a toss up between Hazard and Breathitt County or Buckhorn.. Perry would have Beverly but no one else, Knott would have Hall but could not be able to get the ball to him. Hazard would have Hollon which is from Perry County went to County grade schools Thompson from Knott County forgot about him. A it would be who the best coach not team my guess Breathitt or Buckhorn.
Leslie County has pretty good home grown boys over there. I think Perry would probably had some of the Buckhorn kids.
Lets see here:
PCC- no Toomer, Johnson or Tobler
KCC- no Juctice, Cornett or Christian
HHS- no Hudson
Cordia- well lets not even go there, lol

I would have to say the best team would be:
1) HHS
2) BC
3) PCC
4) JBS (they would have Christian and Cornett)
5) Buckhorn
6) KCC
I still feel like Perry would have a pretty good team.
I think powell would be up there
^ I feel like PCC could still beat anyone in the region w/ what they would have. Not sure they could compete real strong outside the region but they would still be good enough to win it. I forgot about Sammons from KCC. KCC may have just discontinued their BBall program all together.
Breathitt Co.
The_Rock Wrote:Leslie County has pretty good home grown boys over there. I think Perry would probably had some of the Buckhorn kids.

You're probably right on that one.
If kids played where they went to grade school!
In NO order
JBS
Thompson
Christian
Cornett

Hazard
Hollan
Wells
Mobelini
Hall
Hardy

Perry
Beverly
Turner
Hill
Pray

Buckhorn and Breathitt will be good as well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I forgot about Thompson. Lol, I guess when you think about it all these teams would be in trouble outside the region. I'm sure we prob missing a few to.
Cordia obviously
ah boys...
Mountain Wrote:Breathitt Co.

Bingo!!!
If Justice (Raymond and Camron) had stayed at LCC they probably would have won the region the last 3 years and would be a strong contenter this year!
^ I wouldn't disagree w/ that.
Wolfe co would be good
I could be wrong but I think Matt Thompson went to Hindman except for his 8th grade year..
and Chance Cornett also attended Hindman Elem. sporadically.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If Justice (Raymond and Camron) had stayed at LCC they probably would have won the region the last 3 years and would be a strong contenter this year!

I think he started out at Belfry...
I know that Raymond used to coach there.
I think Breathitt and Estill would move up.
Wouldn't Wolfe still have the kid who left for Scott County?
HeGotGame Wrote:I could be wrong but I think Matt Thompson went to Hindman except for his 8th grade year..
and Chance Cornett also attended Hindman Elem. sporadically.

Thompson attended Hindman Elementary, you are correct. Went to JBS in 8th grade so he must be a transfer. First to JBS and then to Hazard.
HDE Wrote:I think Breathitt and Estill would move up.

I'm glad you brought this up. I have actually thought about this a few times the season and thought about posting this question but never have. Where would Wolfe rank in the 14th this year if Gilbert was still their? I would think they would have been a top five team(IMO, 5th) but would they still be able to compete with the the top four teams right now? Whose to say that Wolfe wouldn't have got a transfer or two if Gilbert was still their? Then all of a sudden they would have been a threat in the 14th. Just something to think about. It makes for a nice discussion when you bring up those "what-if" scenarios.
HDE Wrote:I think Breathitt and Estill would move up.

Does it count as a transfer if they move before they begin high school?
How about before they begin middle school?
This is a stupid thread. You can go all across the state and teams would look different without kids from the feeder schools. Belfry football wouldnt have the state titles with only kids from Belfry and Madison Central gets all the talented kids from all over the county so they wouldnt have been the same team last year without the kids from Southern and Berea.
Yeah it's so stupid that more than 50% of the kids on the floor
tonight in the Hazard/Cordia were not from this state or even this
Country. Yep stupid thread I agree. Shouldn't of made it. I didn't say
anything about grade school kids. Speaking of grade school, I heard the big 8th
grader from Cordia may be transferring to a nearby school next year.
Im just saying it happens everywhere. Not just the 14th region. NCC won All A last year. Most athletes in that school come from Cincy area.
Ok. I was just bringing up the "if" factor.
There where no transfers? Lol... Might as well delete this page.
Guys cant we just give the recruiting and transfer talk a rest. 14th region is going to be great this year. You have 4 or 5 teams that can cut the nets down. This is the strongest this region has been in years from top to bottom. Just enjoy the excitement and hush about transfers.