Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 54 Perry Co 52
Make no mistake about this, Tobler is the STRONGEST freshman I've EVER seen in the Mtns.
I really wish they would bring a reality show to 14th region basketball.
We need it. Thank you. I watched tobler play in the wymt and like I said he's a nice player. That's just my opinion.
The Tobler kid played a JV football game earlier in the year and never practiced. I heard he had like 300 yards or something like that. Kid is a freak!!
I'd say that again I didn't know he was just a freshman he's a big kid for sure.
ballstar Wrote:Not sure what the dual punch inside has to do w/ it. Johnson and Tobler are as good of a dual punch as you will find across the state. Ain't nobody else in this region have the inside game PCC has not to mention a very good PG to go w/ it. KCC is still the best in this region until someone else goes to state. The best team don't always win. Just the way it goes!!

I would have to respectfully disagree, Johnson is a monster and Tobler is a strong kid but I would say Knott's inside game is just as good. Because Hall, Christian, and Cornett all 3 play inside. But I can tell Tobler is getting better, I seen him play in a JV game early in the year and then I watched him at the WYMT and he is much better now.
Johnson is much stronger than Hall. Tobler showed me the other night that he is probably stronger than Christian and Cornett by pushing Chris Hudson all over the floor at the WYMT. I think Perry is stonger but sometimes you dont always win cause you are stronger. Helps though.
Have to agree Rock. Johson is a beast and Tobler is a freak. Not sure Hall can guard Johnson on the post and not sure the other 2 from KCC can either. Maybe 2 of them together can but not one on one. Time will tell!
Johnson is a physical beast, but IMO not a smart player and is a joke at the free throw line! In a tight game late all the other top teams in the region have to do is foul him and they will be fine! He's always been an amazing physical talent, but his overall game is lacking bigtime I believe.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Johnson is a physical beast, but IMO not a smart player and is a joke at the free throw line! In a tight game late all the other top teams in the region have to do is foul him and they will be fine! He's always been an amazing physical talent, but his overall game is lacking bigtime I believe.

He averages 25 pts and 20 Rebs a game. How could you say his game is lacking bigtime???? Don't get me wrong he isn't the best free throw shooter by any means but I'm sure PCC will take the trade off as any other team would. He is a ver twice D1 talent that will play right away at WKU. Not sure how you could say he is lacking bigtime. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Black Bear, you just drink a bottle of Jack or something? Johnson is the best player in all of Eastern Kentucky. Nobody has a genetic freak like him on their team. He is a smart player. I dont see Julius Randle and those UK stars making all their free throws either. He will hit them when it counts in the region and the state tournament this year. If the kid would of been groomed to be a 2 or a 3 which he could of been, he would been going to play for the Duke Bluedevils. And theres not a thing in the world wrong with Western either. Justin has unlimited potential.
Junior-Battle Wrote:I would have to respectfully disagree, Johnson is a monster and Tobler is a strong kid but I would say Knott's inside game is just as good. Because Hall, Christian, and Cornett all 3 play inside. But I can tell Tobler is getting better, I seen him play in a JV game early in the year and then I watched him at the WYMT and he is much better now.

I've watched Knott play several times this year and Christian rarely touches the paint.
I seeing everyone talking about the bigs, too many times we all get caught up talking Beverly and Justice. But we know what they are going to bring in the big games.
Johnson is the best rebounder in the state and his back to the basket game has gotten better.
Tobler is getting better as the season goes. Hadn't seen much of an O game from him but Perry doesn't need much from him on O.

Hall - looks like Knott is running more of their O through him. Sky is the limit with all his talent. He is just as good as Johnson on O.
Cornett IMO is the most improved player in the region, he is tough kid, plays hard and does all the little things
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chance is a fine player. The thing I like about him and Christian is that both of them are consistant night in night out. Consistant at PLAYING HARD. I still cant believe Justice got held down by the Wells kid. EKFF was Hazard playing a box and 1 or just straight up man. Looked more like man to me. Just clueless why Justice didnt post up some or just take the ball to the hole.
I would agree that Chance is a solid player for them. If KCC goes to state I truly think Chance will play a HUGE role in them going. I think they will have to get scoring from him to beat HHS, Cordia & PCC.
The_Rock Wrote:Chance is a fine player. The thing I like about him and Christian is that both of them are consistant night in night out. Consistant at PLAYING HARD. I still cant believe Justice got held down by the Wells kid. EKFF was Hazard playing a box and 1 or just straight up man. Looked more like man to me. Just clueless why Justice didnt post up some or just take the ball to the hole.

You don't win the region in January Rock!
ballstar Wrote:Make no mistake about this, Tobler is the STRONGEST freshman I've EVER seen in the Mtns.

Wonder how old he is?:eyeroll:
^ 18
I know you dont win the region in January KF35 but you dont lose a game just to be losing it either. You win every dang game that you can. Im sure BB would of liked to had the WYMT trophy in the trophy case at KCC.
Damon may be 18 but that 8th grader at Cordia is 22.
^ lol
The_Rock Wrote:Damon may be 18 but that 8th grader at Cordia is 22.

I've heard the KHSAA is looking into his birth certificate!
^ Really??
zaga_fan Wrote:I've heard the KHSAA is looking into his birth certificate!

What birth certificate?:eyeroll:
Tobler is no where the age of 18
Damon Tobler is 15 please quit the rumors
Damon Tobler is 15 please stop the rumors