Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
58 District Winner Determined? How
Assuming that BL, SF & Pburg split with each other, How is the conference winner determined? Of course this would mean that Pburg has to beat BL and SF has to beat Pburg. Any input on this situation?
Thats a good question.....if the situation does occur
3 way tie
means 3 championship tropies for conference
it happened last year in softball

it would mean that they would draw for position in tournament play
Well as of right now Betsy Layne leads the district with 4-1. Prestonsburg is 3-1 and South Floyd 3-2.

Possible Scenarios:

BL wins against Pburg, BL wins the conference
Pburg beats BL and SF, Pburg wins the conference
Pburg beats BL but loses to SF, then the conference is tied
No room for error in the Burg.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:No room for error in the Burg.

True !!! Prestonsburg will beat both teams! They will beat BL b/c there defence has improved alot since the last game and they will beat SF b/c they have to many destractions !
"catsfan072" Wrote:Well as of right now Betsy Layne leads the district with 4-1. Prestonsburg is 3-1 and South Floyd 3-2.

Possible Scenarios:

BL wins against Pburg, BL wins the conference
Pburg beats BL and SF, Pburg wins the conference
what happens if pburg doesnts beat sf
So there would be a possiblity of 3 teams from the 58th in the Regional Tournament this year?
P-burg will not win it...when it comes down to crunch time they will choke that my opinion
Name a game that Pburg has choked in this season?
JBS maybe?
There Can't Be 3 Teams From The 58th In The Region, If It Happens To Be A 3 Way Tie, They Will Draw For Tourney Seeds In The District.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:3 way tie
means 3 championship tropies for conference
it happened last year in softball

it would mean that they would draw for position in tournament play
As far as conference goes,I don't know.
But as far as district seeding goes, I am relatively certain there is a three-way tie-breaking system...not a draw.
I've heard that they go by margin of victory in the games played involving the 3 teams.
"fox sports" Wrote:As far as conference goes,I don't know.
But as far as district seeding goes, I am relatively certain there is a three-way tie-breaking system...not a draw.

Seems like in the 58th they "draw" in the case of a 3-way tie.

Only "2" teams can make the regional -STAT-...The teams that win the opening games of the district tournament will punch a ticket to the Expo Center.