Potter-safety
Christian- LB
Walker LB
Wallace- Lineman
Niece- Lineman
Hall- Lineman
Holbrook- LB

Hope I did not leave anyone out.
I think you will see Austin Manis' brother Jared step in to a role on Dline. He is built just like his brother, just hasnt grown into size just yet. Probably about 5'10 190 rt now, strong. I would say he will see some time at DE. Probably see Jerome Hall at a gaurd. Not very big, but fairly quick and very strong. The offense could look like this:

Dixon-WR
Vance-WR
Bowling-RT
Wallace-RG
Bradley-C
Hall/Coffee-LG
Sargent/Coffee-LT
Messer-WR
Christian-RB
Snyder/Walker-RB

Oline has a few sleepers as well. Logan Mauk is one of them and has been a staple for his class since grade school. He's not the biggest, he's not the fastest or strongest, buthe is a GREAT offensive lineman. Very high football iq. As most of the kids in this yrs freshman class have. If Mauk hits the weightroom hard he very well could work his way into the rotation.

The qb position is up for grabs. The JV QB did a good job last year, more of a pure pocket passer(his name escapes me). But next years oline will be alot smaller and younger than this year's and last's. So I kind of expect Josh Young to the most snaps. Josh is deceptively fast and a very good corner back. But he has been the back up qb since his freshman year, he knows the playbook extremely well, but has a flaw. He is a gunslinger! He has a great arm, but has a tendancy to force throws and make bad choices. He looked alotbetfer in games behind center this year. If he listen to Scott(Grizzle ab coach) he canbe one of thebest passers Raceland has had. He is very good when running the ball as well. If Joah isr behind center, I think you will see alot of Messer in the wildcat. Christian played qb in jr high and frosh as well.

Make no mistake, this is still a very dangerous and tallented Raceland team. Youth and inexperience will make a big difference in what plays out though, how thy grow in the offseason will be the key.
Who ever plays where next year is up in the air. I just see alot of talent coming back for this team. Yes we lose some very talented seniors and they will be hard to replace. Hopefully we have had younger guys in enough this year that will allow great things next year. We lost 12 seniors, 4 were injured at the end of the year, 1 was the kicker and did not play any other position, 2 only played defense.
Pennington-K
Beach- RB
Elkins-QB
Manis- O/DL
Boggs- OL/DE
Johnson- O/DL
Risner-DE/OL

McComas-LB
Harris-LB

INJURED:did not play last 2 regular season games or playoffs
Litteral
Joseph
Salyers
Preston
A lot of talent will graduate for sure but there's talent coming back. Will be in a "hybrid" rebuilding mode, but the RAMS can still have a nice season I think.
Rams have enough returning players and an excellent coaching staff to not miss a beat. They will be a huge factor in the east.
Imo, the personel on Raceland's team next year, fits more into the Pistol/Spread vear package that we saw some of this year. Both Messer and Josh Young are super atheletic. Josh is faster though. I think you will end up seeing him behind center for the most part. If so, you will see Conner out of the backfield a bit more, but if they can keep the reigns on Young, from being a gunslinger, his arm will be a nice asset that we didnt have with Adam, especially with Dixon, Messer, Vance, and Potter all returning. What we loose with Adam's graduation is leadership. Who steps up in that department will aslo be a big factor.
Davidson will be a sophomore but will be a real asset.
tomcat4life Wrote:Davidson will be a sophomore but will be a real asset.

I have been saying that as well. He reminds me of the Abrams kid from Russell a few years back. Tall and strong. That soph class next year is loaded w tallented kids. Bailey Walker, Nick Caldwell, Isaac Wallace(already is), Jerome Hall, Jared Manis could all be major factors next season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, the personel on Raceland's team next year, fits more into the Pistol/Spread vear package that we saw some of this year. Both Messer and Josh Young are super atheletic. Josh is faster though. I think you will end up seeing him behind center for the most part. If so, you will see Conner out of the backfield a bit more, but if they can keep the reigns on Young, from being a gunslinger, his arm will be a nice asset that we didnt have with Adam, especially with Dixon, Messer, Vance, and Potter all returning. What we loose with Adam's graduation is leadership. Who steps up in that department will aslo be a big factor.

Really?
I think there will be a significant drop off next year. Especially along the line of scrimmage.
There very well could be a big drop. I am guessing a 5-5/6-4 season, but because of the district schedule, still expect to be 1st or 2nd in the district and a regional final runner-up. I feel we still have the ability(and probably should), win the district. But Pikeville will be better, idk if we can beat them, probably not. With that said though, it would not suprise me to see them over achieve. The soph and jr classes have always done so.

The offense will look different. More of a verticle passing game will keep teams honest. There are still play makers all over the place.there will be more leads, traps, and counters in the running game, our line wont be able to "waller-dog" people and wear them down like they did last year. The will have to use their speed, fundamentals, and toughness to win thebattle in the trenches.

The o/dline are major auestion marks. This team goes as far as they do. Returning 1500 yards recieving in Messer, Vance, Dixon, and Potter as well as 1000 yards rushing in Messer and Snyder.

Hopefully you will see a healthy Carson Christian. Who managed to rush for around 400 yards and multiple tds in just a handful of games. He can also be a factor in the Wildcat w his past experience as a QB. Messer, Vance, or Christian All have experiece at QB. But Yout will be the starter.

If the oline can give the backs a little space and the ab a little time, this team has the ability to be very successful. Can they win the region? I doubt it, but thy will compete either way.
Paintsville may give them a run in the district. The Ams have some good skill returning but that is a lot of strength and a lot of leadership that they lost. I agree they will be 1 or 2 in the district. Maybe those young kids step in on the line and they don't miss a beat.
In all honesty, the next couple years would havebeen some of the best Rail Cities Bowl games anyone could hae asked for. Its years like these, that really make the thought of a Raceland/Russell consolidation very interesting, atleast from a Football standpoint. Especially this last season. The numbers would create olines and doines to go one way each and could u immagine the backfield of Beech, Snyder, Conley, and Korzep? With Raceland's recievers, with McKee in the mix at WR? You know its not out of the rhelm of possibility that in the future that the South Greenup County High School Evil Ams could become a reality. Wit the economy and the way the rest of the state is doing things, it may take such a thing for bot schools to survive.

Paintsville should be able to compete with Raceland and Fairviewboth rebuilding, and we are leaving out Nicholas County, but NC is a ways away from the other three schools as far as contention in the district goes. But the Tigers lost, i believe 3 of their 5 offensive lineman. They will be a Junior laden oline though. Their soph class has alot of size. But they lost their QB as well. I look for Kash Daniels to have a good year for them though and aker Phelps had a major break out year as a Frosh.

In all actuallity Raceland, Fairview, Paintsville are all in a rebuilding phase. Raceland and Fairview look to replace impressive olines and Paintsville looks to replace a qb and wr whike filling some holes on the line. I think Fairview and Raceland return enough tallent and habe enough leftover on the line from a this season to still be in a different level than Paintsville and NC. I expect the district to finish the same as it did this season.
Man my last post was riddled with grammar and spelling mishaps. But i am to lazy to fix them!
Rams have the potential to be just as good next season. A ton of skill returning, Josh Young provides another dimension at QB with his ability to throw the deep ball effectively. Messer, Vance, and Dixon will be tough for anybody in this area to match up against. Messer will also see some time at QB, probably more than he ever has. Carson Christian and Kane Snyder are more than capable of 1,000 yard rushing seasons. Rams reloading for another great season.
Oline is a big question mark NoPicks.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Oline is a big question mark NoPicks.

Same situation in just about every class 1-a school. Graduation takes it's toll. Developing depth can't be emphasized enough, imo.
^^agreed the freshman class this year has about 23 kids. I would say about 12 of em r lineman.
Rams have potential to be good up front once again. A lot of guys that the average fan are unaware of but can step in and do well on the line. Rams reload for another great year.
I said all year long they werent using their roster to its best abilities. I think some speed/agility on the line would have paid off against Wburg. But those who had that speed and agility just didnt have enough experience. Raceland has the ability to repeat another region title, but they will have to do it with toughness, speed, and technique upfront.
Does anyone know what the status of each contract w the non-district portion of the Rams schedule? Any new teams that Raceland may be trying to get on their schedule?
Russell?

Jk
Lmao!!! Would love it!!! Bring back thise epic evil ams threads!
Rams have to get stronger, weight room where championships are won.
The OVC for football will change next year which affects Ironton and Coal Grove, no changes will take place this year. Look for Ironton and Coal Grove to possibly drop of next year due to added games for OVC for them. They will have to adjust their schedules for the 2015 year and so will Raceland as some school will be changing classes and possible changes in our current listed teams.
Would like to see Raceland pick up some other power shools. Wheelersburg or South Point, I like playing the OH teams. Even the "weak" OH teams are generally pretty tough upfront. Or see them schedule some NKY schools or Mtn schools. Bellevue, Hazard, Johnson Central, or something along thise lines. Regaurdless if its a win/loss, the losses let u see what u should work on, te wins build your teams confidence. Johnson Central would thump us, but i think it'd be good for us either way. I'd also like to see a Lexington or greater lexington team or two on the schedule.
I know scheduling teams like that creates travel expenses, but i feel it is crucial to developing a team that can compete after long distace travel. IE coming out flat and groggy against Wburg.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I know scheduling teams like that creates travel expenses, but i feel it is crucial to developing a team that can compete after long distace travel. IE coming out flat and groggy against Wburg.

After watching the game again w/Wburg the Rams just got out played people can say the trip was part of it...But the 09 team went to Campsbellville and that is a little longer trip and won. Wburg just beat the Rams in every aspect of the game from playing to coaching.....imo
I will give you that. I have said that if Williamsburg would have came to Raceland they probably would still have won by 2 scores. But fact of the matter was, the trip down there, imo, was responsible for going down 14-0 in the first 8 minutes. I feel Wburg had a better game plan than we did. That and their defense smacking Beech and Snyder in the mouth. The only back that kept running after forst contact was Carson Christian. I STRONGLY feel, that if he would not have gotten injured, after seeing him gain around 50 yards on three consecutive carries, it changes the ball game. He started to bring life back to or oline, then Beech starts running harder and ends up scorig the lone Raceland TD. I feel like we learned alot as a program in that game though. We will be better prepared and organized the next time around. And in regaurds to the 09 team...that Cville team wasnt anywhere near what the 13 Wburg team. Totally differet animal.
MERRY CHRISTMAS RACELAND FROM 64SUR. :truestory: