Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 72 Lynn Camp 32
Final from the Bowman Classsic at LC

I am surprised by the margin of victory in this game.
I predicted Harlan to win this game, but not by this much. It's going to be a long year for the Wildcats.

Bowman Classic Preview
Larger margin of victory than what I expected, congrats to the Dragons.
Lynn Camp may be the worst team in the region.
I haven't watched them play yet, but hear they have a real good player in McFarland.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Lynn Camp may be the worst team in the region.

I am afraid you may be correct other than Red Bird being at the very bottom. I was expecting a better effort out of this team. It is still early on and plenty of time for them to get things on track. Skylar McFarland is a good player, probably top 20 in the region, but not good enough to carry LC if other players are not performing. Look for him to lead the team in scoring just about every game, if not every game this year.
Man, I can't say anything. I feel so embarrassed. How does a team with this much SWAG lose by 40 on their home floor in their own tourney. Coach Swords said we could beat any team in the region. I guess he didn't think Harlan was in the region. Cuz dang 40 pt loss?
Bad thing is, Harlan is just an average team in the region. We have them ranked 8th after week one.

ITCS 13th Region Power Rankings
All I know is Pineville better watch out. Cause we gots to get our SWAG back tonight after that deflating loss. We MAD! We on the Prowl to take out some Mountain Lion!
Slamup Wrote:I am afraid you may be correct other than Red Bird being at the very bottom. I was expecting a better effort out of this team. It is still early on and plenty of time for them to get things on track. Skylar McFarland is a good player, probably top 20 in the region, but not good enough to carry LC if other players are not performing. Look for him to lead the team in scoring just about every game, if not every game this year.

Just two points last night with Harlan playing everybody. That doesn't get you in the starting lineup for a lot of teams in the region.
HDE Wrote:Just two points last night with Harlan playing everybody. That doesn't get you in the starting lineup for a lot of teams in the region.

You are right on. McFarland is a good player for LC. After scoring over 20 in the previous 2 games I expected a better outing for him last night. Two points from the teams best player, no wonder only 32 points was scored. I am not sure if he will be able to handle the pressure of being the main guy with all the teams targeting him or not. Time will tell.
I don't see McFarland as a top 20 player at all. I agree with HDE. I don't know if he would be in the top five or six some of the better teams in the region.

Lynn Camp is going to struggle this year and I don't know if there is a lot of hope in the future. The Wildcats really need someone who can come in and rebuild a program. Swords may be that guy, I don't know.
Per Harlancountysports.com

HARLAN (72) — Noah Busroe 6, Drew Parks 4, Caleb Hogue 10, Tyler Miller 11, Aaron Simpson 12, Leighton Piper 8, Jordan Dupar 10, Manny Davis 4, Tanner Parks 2, Brandon Huff 2, Austin Wilson 3, Brandon Osborne 0, Ethan Morton 0.

LYNN CAMP (32) — Bruce Hopkins 2, Justin Hammond 9, Skylar McFarland 2, Dustin Allen 4, Austin Withrow 5, Austin WIlson 2, Austin Weddle 2, Justin Taylor 4, Antonio Tepesano 2, Andrew Jones 0, Alex Blackwood 0, Bryson Tigue 0.

Harlan 17 20 28 7 — 72
Lynn Camp 10 4 12 6 — 32
To be fair to McFarland, he played less than 3 minutes. Picked up 2 early fouls in 90 seconds. Sat until mid-2nd Q, when he was reinserted as the game started to get away only to get foul #3 in 30 seconds. He started the second half and got foul #4 on the first possession, literally 10 seconds in. He was pulled, and the clock/mercy rule started by late third quarter, so he sat the rest of the way. Was clearly not his best night.

Might also explain a little about the score, as he appeared far and away their best player.
Thanks. That does explain it.
I've seen him score 20-plus before, but I've seen several guys lead the region in scoring who aren't among the top 20 players.