Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 66 Oneida Baptist Institute 62
Middlesboro picks up their first win of the season in a close one with OBI.
Really good ball game in the crater last night. OBI is not the same bunch from the last few years. They play hard, they play fast, and they will defend. Coach Robinson is doing a heck of a job with them. I believe that they will win some games this year.
With that being said, MHS made some good progress last night. The team looked more settled into their roles. Poindexter had 25 and 11, Foister 18 and 7 assists, and Hale had 12 points and 5 assists. Tyler Prater is doing some great work around the bucket as well with 6 points and 9 rebounds. The Jackets are starting to come along.
OBI is a much improved team, but they are still 0-4. This still makes me feel unsettled about Middlesboro. After losing by 50+ to Jackson, I expected them to come out angry against OBI and run them out of the gym. Maybe I expected too much of the Jackets.
MHS will be alright. Just taking time for new players to learn their roles on the team. They have two proven players in Foister and Poindexter. Losing 5 seniors off an all a region champ and region semifinalist team is a hard lick to take early, but Coach Thompson and his staff will keep working and building. The Jackets will be alright.
You never know what you are going to get with OBI year in and year out. The school has the potential to be set up as a prep type school.