Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK NIT bound?
I think we (UK) are headed to the NIT..

You agree!
More than Likely. They really messed up the ind of that game.

Pray UK gets some forwards for xmas that can atleast find their ass, so they might be able to stick their finger in it
No, I honestly don't believe they're NIT bound...UK could win their next 4 games if they get it together, and then need a win over either Florida, Tennesse, or LSU, which I think we'll get one of those and finish the season 19-11 heading into the tournament...1 win there and 1 loss gets us in....

As for the fowards, UK is trying hard to get 6'10 C/F Phil Jones for next season if he can make the grades....

Every team goes through at least 1 rebuilding year every now and then and this is Kentuckys down year...They'll be back up next year..
yes i agree with you QQ, i think they are, i jus cant watch there games anymore, make me so mad
NIT=Not In Tournament
Someone should start a V-Bookie event that closses before Saturdays Vandy game on if they get in the tourny or not...Im willing to bet all my points they do
"torQQue" Wrote:I think we (UK) are headed to the NIT..

You agree!

I totally agree! Tongueuke:
UK will make the NCAA Tournament, I think they will be a 8 or 9 seed.
Nah, I say they'll make the tourney. Their RPI, and the fact that they sell tons of tickets, will get them in.
The fact that they sell tickets gets them in....there's no respect for this Kentucky team anymore....everyone thinks we're one big joke now....thanks to Tubby...fire his ass !!!
Tubby has earned my respect over the years and he deserves a chance to get the program turned around. This is the only year in the past couple of years that we have had a down season for most UK fans, except for some bluenecks that expect a national title every year. As far as the NIT...no UK will got to the NCAA tournament...write it down!! However Louisville is NIT Bound but I'm happy for Pitino because he gets a chance to coach some more games in MSG in the Big Apple.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:The fact that they sell tickets gets them in....there's no respect for this Kentucky team anymore....everyone thinks we're one big joke now....thanks to Tubby...fire his ass !!!

I dont know who thinks we're a big joke...Bruce Pearl said something yesterday about how Kentucky is still Kentucky and how the SEC Championship is always through Lexington.

Nobody thinks UK is one big joke, and if they do something is wrong with them...Find somebody that thinks Kentucky is one big joke other than disgruntled UK fans.
If you will notice that every year since Tubby has been the head coach, it gets worse and worse.We have not been past the elite 8 since he won the Title with Rick's players in 98. I don't expect a title every year, but this is the same line of crap that he produced when he was at Georgia.

Hell, any coach could win 20 games and the SEC title when your playing the bottom feeders in the conference like Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and Georgia.

it's time for it to end Tubster.......the crap has to stop here. If he has lost control of this team and it appears that he has, then he needs to get his ass out of Lexington.
"alfus21" Wrote:I dont know who thinks we're a big joke...Bruce Pearl said something yesterday about how Kentucky is still Kentucky and how the SEC Championship is always through Lexington.

Nobody thinks UK is one big joke, and if they do something is wrong with them...Find somebody that thinks Kentucky is one big joke other than disgruntled UK fans.

Hell, even tiny Georgia State thinks they can beat UK, everyone that plays Kentucky now believes they can beat UK, and 90% of them are right.

Kentucky written across the jersey does not strike fear into opponents anymore....Rupp Arena is no longer "Home Court" anymore,heck ask Duke...they don't lose at home and neither should we.

Kentucky is not Kentucky anymore, you know that just as well as I do !!!!!!!!!

Bruce Pearl is a awesome Coach ladies and gents...the man is the best College coach I see on TV right now....he knows how to motivate his players to win...something that Tubby don't know how to do.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:If you will notice that every year since Tubby has been the head coach, it gets worse and worse.We have not been past the elite 8 since he won the Title with Rick's players in 98. I don't expect a title every year, but this is the same line of crap that he produced when he was at Georgia.

Hell, any coach could win 20 games and the SEC title when your playing the bottom feeders in the conference like Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and Georgia.

it's time for it to end Tubster.......the crap has to stop here. If he has lost control of this team and it appears that he has, then he needs to get his ass out of Lexington.

It actually doesn't get worse and worse every year...He had a rough stretch after the championship season with three 10 loss seasons, but he has shown the ability to build a team back up...After the three 10 loss seasons which were very rough, his team went 32-4 in 2003...27-5 in 2004...and 28-6 last year despite losing 3 big time players in Fitch, Hawkins, and Daniels...

Just a rough year is all it is...He has a great recruiting class coming in next season and may land another big recruit in Phil Jones...He's got a jump on the 07' recruiting and that could be a special class...

Championsip with Pitino's recuits maybe, but the dominating 97 team didn't win a title and that team was better than the 98 team...Why couldn't Pitino close the deal...The 98 team lost 3 of their top 4 scorers in Mercer, Anderson, and Epps...Seems like Tubby done a good job despite losing 3 of the top 4 scorers off the 97 team...

Time for some UK fans to calm down and let the storm pass, and watch and see what Tubby does next season with some more solid recruits and a solid returning core...
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Hell, even tiny Georgia State thinks they can beat UK, everyone that plays Kentucky now believes they can beat UK, and 90% of them are right.

Kentucky written across the jersey does not strike fear into opponents anymore....Rupp Arena is no longer "Home Court" anymore,heck ask Duke...they don't lose at home and neither should we.

Bruce Pearl is a awesome Coach ladies and gents...the man is the best College coach I see on TV right now....he knows how to motivate his players to win...something that Tubby don't know how to do.

Why does Georgia State think they can beat Kentucky? What lead you to that conclusion? Any team should think they can beat UK...Most teams don't come in afraid to play somone.Ask Florida State going into Duke and playing them tough...Nobody thinks UK is a joke especially Georgia State, which I'd love to know where you pulled that from...I didn't know Kentucky has lost 90% of its games this year? So apparantly your numbers are a little skewed on that one...

Nothing on a jersey strikes fear in an oppenent...People respect Kentucky though, and know their history and Kentucky gets everybody's best shot...You obviously don't listen to what the other coaches and analysts have to say about Kentucky...They are still highly respected, and one bad season isn't going to change that..Duke has had bad years, but they recover...UNC had a couple of awful seasons but recovered nicely last year...

Rupp is still homecourt..One bad season doesn't determine the fate of Rupp Arena..They've had bad years there before, but hey the world is still here and UK fans got over it...

Pearl is a great coach, but if he's the best you see on TV you must not have many channels...
The '97 team lost because of Pitino's fatal mistake of not playing someone that was medically cleared to play. I see that as a huge coaching mistake, it was'nt because of the lack of talent.

We have the talent this year, he just can't get them to work together....

32-4, 27-5 and 28-6....a ton of talent, but nothing to show for it except two losses to Conference USA and one to the Big Ten in the Big Dance....
"BelfryPride" Wrote:The '97 team lost because of Pitino's fatal mistake of not playing someone that was medically cleared to play. I see that as a huge coaching mistake, it was'nt because of the lack of talent.

We have the talent this year, he just can't get them to work together....

32-4, 27-5 and 28-6....a ton of talent, but nothing to show for it except two losses to Conference USA and one to the Big Ten in the Big Dance....

Yeah we have some good talent, but we also start:
1 Senior
1 Junior
3 Sophs

That's a young team...4 of 5 starters will return next year not to mention the PF we've missed so much in Perry Stevenson and perhaps Phil Jones...

Yeah some bad losses in the big dance those years, but I also see an undefeated SEC season and tournament and two Elite 8 appearances with tough losses to a great Marquette-Dwayne Wade team, and a tough loss in OT to Michigan State who had beat Duke to get to us...
Let me see....Pearl has previously SEC East bottom feeder Tennessee in the SEC East lead, they beat UK for the first time in Rupp in 7 years.

Other coaches/media have to say certain things to the media. I don't think that any coach/sports broadcaster will sit on national television and say bad things about any team, they have to make every situation appear to be purely positive, meantime hiding their true feelings.

Respect for this program went out the door 9 years ago and went to Boston. As much as I did'nt like Rick "The Coach" he was a proven recruiter and motivator.
BLESS YOU!!! I have preached this the ENTIRE year!...Iona by 6? Central Florida by 2? Ohio on a miracle? get pounded by 26 and 27 to Indiana and Kansas? Pull away from Lipscomb? As bad as this team is, UK will get in the tournament, All they have to do is win 16 or 17 games and they will go to the NCAA tourney. Thats a given. The NCAA would be petrified NOT to send UK if they were at least eligible. And you can thank the tradition for that. If this team was LSU, then no, they'd be heading to the NIT, but since it is UK, then pencil them in the NCAA. But bless you BelfryPride, you have echoed what i have said the entire year.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Hell, even tiny Georgia State thinks they can beat UK, everyone that plays Kentucky now believes they can beat UK, and 90% of them are right.

it Would Have Been Nice To Have Chris Lofton Wearing Blue, But Tubby Told Him That Saul Was Gonna Start....so He Went To Tennessee.....[b]
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:BLESS YOU!!! I have preached this the ENTIRE year!...Iona by 6? Central Florida by 2? Ohio on a miracle? get pounded by 26 and 27 to Indiana and Kansas? Pull away from Lipscomb? As bad as this team is, UK will get in the tournament, All they have to do is win 16 or 17 games and they will go to the NCAA tourney. Thats a given. The NCAA would be petrified NOT to send UK if they were at least eligible. And you can thank the tradition for that. If this team was LSU, then no, they'd be heading to the NIT, but since it is UK, then pencil them in the NCAA. But bless you BelfryPride, you have echoed what i have said the entire year.

Well, I finally pulled up the "BIG BLUE BLINDERS" and had to face reality....
"BelfryPride" Wrote:it Would Have Been Nice To Have Chris Lofton Wearing Blue, But Tubby Told Him That Saul Was Gonna Start....so He Went To Tennessee.....[b]

That makes about uhmmm..zero sense considering Saul Smith graduated about 2 years before Lofton even came to college...

Let's see...We had Rondo who was a top 5 PG recruit, We had morris who was a top 5 Center recruit, We had Crawford who was a top 10 G/F recruit...All 5 star recruits...Then we had Bradley(top 20 SG recruit-4 Star recruit), and we had Sparks coming in who had proved himself worthy of a UK player at Western by lighting up everybody including UK...

Lofton on the other hand, was not even a ranked recruit by anybody...Everybody missed the boat on this kid except Tennessee...Nobody could have ever predicted Lofton would be as good as he is...
I personally don't think Tubby is completely to blame. I mean take a look at Pitinos Cards this year.. As much as we are down, we still beat them.

All coaches and teams eventually have to face the reality of down years due to injuries, NBA, grades, getting young talent to mature.. etc..etc. This years team is still young and talented.. Tubby will have them back among the top by next season..

I honestly believe a healthy UK would of won the NCAA championship the year that bogans went down against Marquette. That was a nice team Tubby recruited that was very capable of a National Title.

To put things in perspective here. UNC and DUKE combined on have 7 National Championships in the history of the game. UK has 7 alone.. That means UK averages about 1 championship every 17 years..

We cant expect Kentucky to win it every year. It just not possible anymore because good talent leaves out of high school to the NBA now. .The playing field is way to balanced for one team to win it every year or once in 5 years for that matter.
Good post Alfus...
The point is that Tubby just can't do it and his time here needs to come to an end. I have defended him all year and there is no more excuses. I know we may come out of this in a few years, but not with Tubby Smith at the helm.

He has shown in the past that he cannot control his players, Team Turmoil....ring a bell....looks like a repeat performer if you ask me.
Tubby is another Eddie Sutton. His teams play like Sutton teams, he'll have a nice regular season, but he'll bow out in the sweet 16 just about every year. Every now and then, he'll sneak an elite 8 in, but he wont adapt to the game being played on the court. He is not a good strategist. Don't get me wrong, im all about ball control, taking your time, but his methods are borderline ridiculous. If not for Morris, UK would have 2, count em 2 SEC wins, beating Miss. State and the game against Georgia. The win over Loserville wont count for much at the end of the season, cuz even the NCAA dont care about beating NIT teams.
No really, Im curious about where you got your Saul Smith information, because I find that very interesting...:watch:
"alfus21" Wrote:No really, Im curious about where you got your Saul Smith information, because I find that very interesting...:watch:

Oh so sorry....I just realized you never made a mistake :thumb:
Remember when Indiana went to the NCAA tourny 22-11 and went to the elite 8 taking on 1 seeded Duke in Rupp Arena, It was one of the greatest games ive seen and Indiana was predicted to go to the 2nd round in the tourny ! I compare that team to this year's UK team !