•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 37 Highlands 34 (4A State Championship)
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:No you are not (in response to wideright saying they are 40 points better). You lost to a better team. Highlands defense has been bad and been exposed all year. Could have lost to a warren central team that desalles beat. Doesn't look good either for HHS in the next few seasons either seeing how their last three freshman teams have not been very good.

Highlands was up in those games (warren central, lex cath) by 30+ before letting up. The defense on this team was fine, Collins just had everything fall on their lap. I hope they make it back to the finals next year so Highlands can destroy them.
You sound like a little teen age girl trying to get out of a speeding ticket...crying exscuses.:Sad04:Confusednicker:
birdman44 Wrote:Would Collins still be the favorite on that side of the bracket to go to state next year?
Lex Cath should be pretty scary next year.

No one in the west was even close to Collins this year, but I do think the west side will be pretty open next year. I don't know much about what they return, but teams like Owensboro and North Oldham could be good.
[quote=WideRight05]You're absolutely right on all counts birdman. There were a couple of non-calls for holding on key plays that would have made a difference in the game. Everybody and their brother, including the referees, wanted to see Highlands go down last night.

We're still 40+ points better than Collins. They just played it right one game.[/QUOTE
That my friend is BS! You get beat and still you are 40 points. Collins was bigger. Faster and better prepared. Give credit where credit is due. The call was for hit to head which highlands quite often and I am thinking they are cheap shots. The holds were holds and were several others. You got beat do own up to it. You were not 40 points better but 3 points worse!!!'
I see none of you Highland fans has responded to my posts under Collins 2013, what's the matter, Titans got your tongues???
Tommy2tone Wrote:[quote=WideRight05]You're absolutely right on all counts birdman. There were a couple of non-calls for holding on key plays that would have made a difference in the game. Everybody and their brother, including the referees, wanted to see Highlands go down last night.

We're still 40+ points better than Collins. They just played it right one game.[/QUOTE
That my friend is BS! You get beat and still you are 40 points. Collins was bigger. Faster and better prepared. Give credit where credit is due. The call was for hit to head which highlands quite often and I am thinking they are cheap shots. The holds were holds and were several others. You got beat do own up to it. You were not 40 points better but 3 points worse!!!'

Dude, you really need to learn proper use of the quote feature. Not to mention spelling and grammar. A lot of teams that have come across Highlands the past few years have been bigger. Highlands was faster though. I state facts. The fact is that Collins is not as good as Cov Cath, Lex Cath, or Johnson Central, but they found a way to win. Hopefully Highlands will have an opportunity to paste them back to reality in 2014.
^ Comon man. "Found a way to win"

Collins rolled up over 400 yards of offense and drove the football. It isn't like hey got muffed punts deep in Highlands territory and pick sixes all night. It was a good game by both teams. It just so happened Collins had it last and made the play to finish it.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Comon man. "Found a way to win"

Collins rolled up over 400 yards of offense and drove the football. It isn't like hey got muffed punts deep in Highlands territory and pick sixes all night. It was a good game by both teams. It just so happened Collins had it last and made the play to finish it.

Then given how awesome they were, you would agree that it's pretty bad that it still took a last second TD to win the game?
It was a great game. I don't understand why you can't admit Collins came to play. Highlands made plays too and really stepped up in the fourth quarter. Collins just had the ball last.
It's not bad at all. They beat a 6 time defending champion. What's bad about that? Be it by 1 or 30, doesn't matter. 1st play or last play, doesn't matter, as long as it was within that 48 minute time frame. As good as Highlands offense is, you can never count them out, but, there defense was very average and got exposed by some of the better teams they played.
I found it strange to see how gassed the Highlands defense looked in the 4th qtr considering how many guys they kept running in and out all game long. There DL was getting knocked off the ball pretty badly and there secondary wasn't even close to the receivers on a lot of those late passes. Not sure if they were just playing too far off the receivers or just slow to react.
WideRight05 Wrote:The facts are the facts!

This was about as storybook as it gets....Collins better known for their passing attack, ran the ball down FTH throats. They could not key on Senior running back Ryan Watkins who has amassed 1500 yrds of total offense this season, this could have been the missing component to last yrs defeat. Having Watkins in the backfield opened up other targets and took the pressure off of WKU commit Deandre Farris who was the primary target for teams due to his 4.4 speed. This team has 3 1000 plus yrd athletes in Farris (2000 plus all purpose yrds), Sames 1000yds plus recieving and Watkins. Lucas knew all season that if it came down to it that no one could stop the run game, Lawson Page running the option alot of the season was able to make big runs when he needed to due to the fact the Watkins became a major target. This tandem of incredible athletes on offense, stacked with a top not defense led by Masai Whyte (WKU commit) completed this team and took them to the top. Even in the face of adversity, second string QB Becherrer took the snap with ice in his veins and made the play down in the 4th quarter with only 14 seconds left in regulation on 4th down...WOW!! I dont know how this is an upset...Collins has atleast 7 potential D-1 athletes in Farris, Page, Watkins, Sames, Wilson, Jones, and Whyte..doesnt sound like upset to me..sounds like they were overlooked!! Way to go Titans!!
Funny thing is now that some teams in 4 a are catching up with the Birds the are talking about going to 3a in the next few years. Then they get to see teams like Belfry, Louisville Central and Wayne Co. I would love to see how those teams could match up with Highlands.
Congrats to Collins on a great season and the State Championship. One heck of an exciting game. Congrats also to the Birds for another great season. It didn't end the way the players, coaches and fans wanted it to, but the loss is just one of many disappointments that life forces one to deal with.

While it pains me to say this, having a team other than Highlands win 4A (and the same holds true with Trinity not winning 6A) is good for Ky high school football.

Having said that, I hope my Birds can start another state championship streak next year.
WideRight05 Wrote:The truth is the truth. Highlands has better players, better coaches, better overall team, better facilities, better fans, better community. Collins just got lucky on one night.
I will disagree with you Collins coaches had a better game plan and highlands could not stop them.and Collins had the better athletes.
WideRight05 Wrote:[quote=Tommy2tone]

Dude, you really need to learn proper use of the quote feature. Not to mention spelling and grammar. A lot of teams that have come across Highlands the past few years have been bigger. Highlands was faster though. I state facts. The fact is that Collins is not as good as Cov Cath, Lex Cath, or Johnson Central, but they found a way to win. Hopefully Highlands will have an opportunity to paste them back to reality in 2014.

sorry, hard to post in anger and riding down the road at 70MPH in passanger seat of course...Across the board Collins was faster than HHS. I could see that all night. Collins had too many athletes and Collins hit you right in the mouth. I am sure the HHS QB is still looking for his jock on the field.
1 thing Collins has over Lex. Cath. Cov. Cath. and JC....Collins kicked your arse.
Did Highlands still hold a party to commerorate there overall lead in state championships or did they cancel?
HAHAHAHAHAA ... Guess what WideRight... I still can't get over how BAD Highlands's defense is.

COLLINS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS 2013
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:No you are not (in response to wideright saying they are 40 points better). You lost to a better team. Highlands defense has been bad and been exposed all year. Could have lost to a warren central team that desalles beat. Doesn't look good either for HHS in the next few seasons either seeing how their last three freshman teams have not been very good.

Frosh teams were not very good, really? They did defeat you handily last year correct? The other two years you did not even play them correct? Was it talent in that one game that was played or was it all on the coaching? I will say that Highlands will be just fine in the next few years and many years to come. Did you really think that at any time they had their best 22 players on the field? Two platooning is a great thing when your opponents are inferior, but when the playing field is fairly level then it can be a detriment. Collins may have 2 platooned, but when the money was on the line, several of their stud offensive players were also on the defensive side of the ball.
charlie22 Wrote:Congrats to Collins on a great season and the State Championship. One heck of an exciting game. Congrats also to the Birds for another great season. It didn't end the way the players, coaches and fans wanted it to, but the loss is just one of many disappointments that life forces one to deal with.

While it pains me to say this, having a team other than Highlands win 4A (and the same holds true with Trinity not winning 6A) is good for Ky high school football.

Having said that, I hope my Birds can start another state championship streak next year.

I know that nobody likes to lose, but you are right in that having another team win 4A is good for football in Kentucky. Plus, who wouldn't want to watch a state championship game like that every year? Winning a championship is always great, but it's even better when it wasn't a given that you would win. Teams like Highlands need a little competition and that will only make football in Kentucky better.
Fade Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAA ... Guess what WideRight... I still can't get over how BAD Highlands's defense is.

COLLINS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS 2013

And just who is your team? Bowling Green? :hilarious:
Just finished watching the game. Highlands lost this on alignment alone. What other 3-4 defense plays their D Ends so far on the outside shoulder of the tackle???? Makes no sense. MLBs are getting hit by guards before they can even read the play. Also, this was one of the worst tackling Highlands teams I can remember, outside of #30. Lack of discipline in assingments, tackling, and coaches putting players in weird alignmnents...made no sense.
Aka out coached.
Collins High School is inviting everyone in the community to attend the fall sports state championship celebration Friday at 2:30 PM in the gym. Collins will be celebrating 3 state championships: cross country champions Gabby Karas and Jay Solinger and the football team.
blue1424 Wrote:Collins High School is inviting everyone in the community to attend the fall sports state championship celebration Friday at 2:30 PM in the gym. Collins will be celebrating 3 state championships: cross country champions Gabby Karas and Jay Solinger and the football team.

My daughters run against Gabby (run after her,lol), she is amazing and is placing herself to be the best female cross country runner EVER in the state!
I was making a few custom football cards earlier and at the same time ran into this photo, so I had to work one up...

[Image: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff289...1280e6.png]
^
Confusednicker:

I swear its like varsity blues or something
WideRight05 Wrote:Highlands was up in those games (warren central, lex cath) by 30+ before letting up. The defense on this team was fine, Collins just had everything fall on their lap. I hope they make it back to the finals next year so Highlands can destroy them.
Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:And just who is your team? Bowling Green? :hilarious:

I think he was making fun of you and your team. My team won a state championship. Make that 3 undefeated championships in a row. That's something that Highlands has NEVER done. So, I think he was talking about you.
adopted purple Wrote:I think he was making fun of you and your team. My team won a state championship. Make that 3 undefeated championships in a row. That's something that Highlands has NEVER done. So, I think he was talking about you.

If Bowling Green wins six titles in a row then you can talk. Even if they do though, it is in a watered down 5A class that does not include Highlands, Cov Cath, or Johnson Central. Highlands has been in the past seven title games. Until the past three years when Highlands moved down to a more competitive 4A, Bowling Green was nowhere to be found. Most WKY teams, other than Mayfield, play undisciplined and rely on their talent to win games rather than through execution and discipline. That would not work against a team like Highlands.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next