Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones...will he last at UK?
we all know he is a remarkable football player...but will David Jones really last 4 years playing for UK? wouldnt he be better off going somewhere like Pikeville or Georetown where he can run the ball, which IMO he is better at that defending it?

what do u think?
With his speed...I think that he will last and should be a good addition to the Wildcat D
Imo he wont last but thats just me i mean in High School games that i saw such as the P-Burg game he spent mroe time on the sidelines complaining about being hurt then he did on the field but i mean this could change but SEC football is a totaly diffrent type of ball and hitting lol. but he is still UNBELIVABLE
I would like to say yes. He has all the talent needed to make it, but academically is where I think problems may occur.

But I hope not because I want to see a mountain boy playing for UK who plays in the greatest football division in college the SEC
"youknowwhoibe" Wrote:I would like to say yes. He has all the talent needed to make it, but academically is where I think problems may occur.

But I hope not because I want to see a mountain boy playing for UK who plays in the greatest football division in college the SEC

As far as academics go...David makes the grades. He is NOT failing in academics. Secondly, Yes he is an Athlete, He has what it takes to remain and do well at UK. I have nothing against our small colleges like Pikeville & G'Town, But there is no National exposure there. He has made the right choice....

David Jones is a Kentucky Wildcat !!!
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Imo he wont last but thats just me i mean in High School games that i saw such as the P-Burg game he spent mroe time on the sidelines complaining about being hurt then he did on the field but i mean this could change but SEC football is a totaly diffrent type of ball and hitting lol. but he is still UNBELIVABLE

I think David had problems with muscle cramps throughout the season...but he did not spend more time on the sidelines than on the field, the way you implied
I think David will be fine at UK..
Quote:I think David had problems with muscle cramps throughout the season

thanks for clearing that up i didnt realize this.

Quote:I have nothing against our small colleges like Pikeville & G'Town, But there is no National exposure there. He has made the right choice....

[-X No national exposure Georgetown a few year back played in 5 straight NAIA National Championships winning i think 3 of them and are ranked in the top 5 every year thats not National Exposure? [-X
Keep giving him reason to prove everyone wrong, not that he needs it but I Know he will use it well.
I do see David Jones lasting at Uk, but I do not see him getting immediate playing time. Maybe take a redshirt his freshman season and then play as a redshirt freshman or a sophomore. As beef said, he'll be a good addition to the UK defense.
definitely a first year redshirt.....put somemore beef on him and get him bigger this guy is one of the best openfield tacklers in the state....good choice by not only david but UK as well
I see him getting immediate playing time hes better than any cornerback they got.
I think he will last all four years up there. He will not playing time right off though. I know a kid named dallas greer from bell county that was a very good high school player and still doesnt get playing time. He is also a defensive back. David still has things to work on to adapt to the D1 level. Kentucky isnt that bad of a football team. Dont get me wrong they arent that good either. But, good luck david. Always good to see a friend go to D1
Congrats and Good Luck...

I dont agree with Georgetown not having "national exposure"-- they do every year in football! GO TIGERS!
I have a feeling that Jones will transfer around his sophomore of junior year, depending on if he gets any playing time or not
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:I have a feeling that Jones will transfer around his sophomore of junior year, depending on if he gets any playing time or not

This is very possible. I wonder where he would go though? I dont see him moving out of the state. I think he will get playing time though. Eventually. He has the speed and coverage skills to do well.
I hope he makes it.
I hope he get's to stay, but who knows.
I would like to see him on SportsCenter in the upcoming years
"Hurley" Wrote:I would like to see him on SportsCenter in the upcoming years

LOL just so you can say I played against that guy!!!! j/k
Well i think David is a tremendous player and i think he will fit right in with UK...In the next few seasons you should see him out there on the D side of the ball makin some plays
I just hope he can stick it out for a year or two becasue MTL he wont see immmediate PT
Dallas Greer is playing SS at UK, but I look for Greer to get to play this season as a Reshirt Sophomore. As for Jones, he was a GREAT high school player, but going to D1 will be an adjustment like everyone has said. Instead of being the best athlete on the field, he'll have to learn that all those kids on the team were GREAT in high school too. Look for him to play in two seasons.
David will last... i'd say he'll get some playing time his freshman and start his sophmore if he puts on some weight, looking forward to watching him 8)
I definitely think he will get some PT. I can't wait to see David in UK Blue Idea
he will play and most likely do good. it aint like he can hurt their defense. anyways Jones will improve with training and get limited play his fresh year and more time the following year.
You all must not follow UK football very well!

Not only do I think Jones will last,,, but all indications are that he will be seeing immediate playing time this upcoming season as a nickleback (fifth DB in nickle package). The UK coaches are VERY high on him and I have even heard he is the ebst athlete on the entire team. Joker Phillips is especially high on the kid.

Also, it is a possibility Jones may be returning kicks by season's end.

When Jones was the apparent best player on the field in the KY-Tenn all-star game that should tell you something...he was surrounded by D-1 signees such as Lamarcus Coker (a 4 star player going to UT) but following the game the person everyone was talking about was David Jones.

You also forget this kid is like a blank canvas.... he has sooooo much athleticism and speed, but he is still just learning the cornerback position and improving day by day.

In conclusion, not only will Jones last at UK..Jones will be one of the top players on UK's team before it is all said and done.
Why wouldn't he last???
Let's get behind and support a mountain athlete that has a chance to succeed at a higher level rather than trying to tear him down.
8)
After the way he played today...yeah..he'll last! 8)
I agree with Beef.
Dave Jones had a great game today.
He will last.
Continue to improve and get MORE playing time as season processes.
Was VERY impressed and excited with the ankle clip he dished out in the 4th.
I think this question deserves a big HELL YEAH !!!!! 8)