Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things might change!!
Just seen this. Food for thought.
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...86331.html
In Paducah, currently 33, rain, some sleet and s'posed to be icy mix later going down to 27.
here in Arkansas they already moved all games back until next week...
We really need a dome in this state.
Personally, Id like to see the games delayed. Its going to be very nasty out there over the next couple of days.
It wont be as bad down here in this part of the state.
I don't think that would be a good idea, I'm sure several people have already arrived and staying overnight.
Yeah, we have arrived and stayed the night. It would be killer on the pocket book if we had to stay more nights. Not to mention getting the teams prepared all over again. People have been playing football in this type of weather for many years. Weren't you one of the one's talking about how soft the kids are these days. Well, let's toughen them up.
I don't see any problem playing the games this weekend. Only thing maybe getting the teams there. They don't need to have 2000 people watching them play. All they need is a field and refs. So some fans can't make it. That's just part of it.
As long as there in no lighting let them play!! That is how football was meant to be played.

Safe travel to all who makes the trip to BG.
I do think the safety of all is in the fore front but dont forget they are also looking at dollar bills. They want a big crowd especially in the 6A game. Wish everyone a safe weekend. Sidenote on today they are saying a 1/4 inch to a 1/2 inch on ice and could be Wednesday before it is thawed out. Interesting decisions for sure.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah, we have arrived and stayed the night. It would be killer on the pocket book if we had to stay more nights. Not to mention getting the teams prepared all over again. People have been playing football in this type of weather for many years. Weren't you one of the one's talking about how soft the kids are these days. Well, let's toughen them up.

I assume you were talking to me. Yes, I do believe kids are soft these days. I was simply posting a news story. But I do believe there is a difference in toughen them up and ignorance. When you willingly put people in harms way to save a buck, well is ignorance. As said before, no team in the state has a longer drive than that of Belfry. Driving through ice and snow storms which could take up to 8 or 9 hours is to some people kinda dangerous.