Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game I would love to see...
Belfry vs Wayne, WV.......thoughts?????
If it comes from WV or Oh, it can't be worth peeing on.
Not even if it were on fire 55? Personally I'd like to see Mayfield vs Belfrey.
mysonis55 Wrote:If it comes from WV or Oh, it can't be worth peeing on.

:biglmao: I'm sure the Pioneers would care to differ. Currently on a 36 Game State Record Winning Streak (Tied with Ansted-consolidated to form Midland Trail High School) and on their way to a likely third straight Class "AA" Title on Friday Night.
Belfry Vs. Wayne would be an awesome matchup. Would be the BEST two teams in Southwestern WV/Southeastern KY going at it.
Based on what I've heard though, both teams can't reach an agreement to play eachother....(this sound familiar to any other school? LOLConfusednicker: )
I've seen both and Belfry would dominate.
I think it would be an interesting matchup, but I believe BHS would win by 2 TDs minimum. Overall Wayne doesn't play the caliber of teams Belfry does. For instance, even though Belfry hasn't beaten Louisville Central, I don't think the Pioneers would fair too well against the top 3A teams in KY.
I would absolutely love to see Belfry open the season every years against a big time (4A or higher) in state opponent in the PCB. I could care less if they take a loss to open the year. The gate would be awesome and the team would learn real early what they need to improve on.

Wishful thinking I know but would love to see them play some teams like Trinity, St X, Highlands, Scott Co, Cov Cath, Boyle Co. anyone who would give them an early test.

Play a team of the caliber above in the PCB and then drop Pikeville (don't see it being anything more than nostalgia anymore) to play another.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Not even if it were on fire 55? Personally I'd like to see Mayfield vs Belfrey.

Who is Belfrey???

I'd like to see Mayfield v Belfry
Harlan County was supposed to be the early test this year.
There have been a couple Wayne teams that would have beat Belfry that same season... but by and large over the past decade I would have considered Belfry the better team the majority of the years.

From what I have heard dialogue has happened before...but they simply could not make the schedules work.
The two games that I would most like to see would be DeSales vs Caldwell Co and Highlands vs Bowling Green.
E's Army Wrote:Harlan County was supposed to be the early test this year.

Very true, I would just like to see more.
Personally I think ky is just on a totally different level than wv in football. I would love to see a belfry vs wayne game or any West Virginia school that's ranked just to prove a point in this area.
CalPreps.com projects that on a neutral field the game would have a score of

Belfry (KY) 31
Wayne (WV) 28

CalPreps.com projects that on a neutral field the game would have a score of

Belfry (KY) 28
Mayfield (KY) 27

Looks like two good matchups. However, they will never happen.
I'd like to see the Belfry v Wayne WV every year and if Wayne KY reclassifies or Belfry moves down I'd like to see that game on the Pirates schedule.
I'd like to see Belfry v Wayne WV every year and if either BHS or Wayne KY reclassify I'd love to see them play on a yearly basis.
I never thought to run that matchup through calpreps.
MCMiner247 Wrote::biglmao: I'm sure the Pioneers would care to differ. Currently on a 36 Game State Record Winning Streak (Tied with Ansted-consolidated to form Midland Trail High School) and on their way to a likely third straight Class "AA" Title on Friday Night.
Belfry Vs. Wayne would be an awesome matchup. Would be the BEST two teams in Southwestern WV/Southeastern KY going at it.
Based on what I've heard though, both teams can't reach an agreement to play eachother....(this sound familiar to any other school? LOLConfusednicker: )

Isn't that against mostly WV teams? lol :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: