Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bert Browne fired!
I hope whom ever they get can turn this program around. They have some amazing talent there that goes unrecognize hopefully with the right coaching staff things can look up for the Indian!!!!Confusedinglepar
Whoever it is will need to get some more support from the school/community. Too much goes to basketball at that school. They could have a powerhouse team.
What about Mike Bowlin at East Jess? He is a Madison Co guy to, isn't he?
BandWagon Wrote:Whoever it is will need to get some more support from the school/community. Too much goes to basketball at that school. They could have a powerhouse team.

I don't know about the school but every time I have been at one of their games they have an AMAZING STUDENT AND FAN BASE!!!! MORE THAN WHAT I HAVE SEEN AT SOME THAT HAS A RECORD AS SUCH WIN OR LOSE THEY HAVE ALOT IN THE STANDS TO SUPPORT THE TEAM unlike when Bell lost to Harlan last yr HECK OUR SO CALLED FANS GOT UP AND LEFT!!!! When Harlan came to Madison and played I didn't see the fans get up and leave cause they were beating them and No offense to the team cause Harlan was a very big and experienced team. KEEP YOUR HEAD'S UP INDIANS I PRAY THINGS WILL TURN AROUND FOR YOUR TEAM AND GOD SENDS YOU ALL SOMEONE THAT CARES, RESPECT'S THE NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY AND MOST OF ALL THE TEAM!!!! GOOD LUCK :Cheerlead
I agree Ladycat. Students are nuts for them and it seemed like good parents to me. It may not matter to many of you, but the band is unreal!!
Quickkickonthird Wrote:I agree Ladycat. Students are nuts for them and it seemed like good parents to me. It may not matter to many of you, but the band is unreal!!

TongueirateSho. OMG I agree the BAND is AMAZING!!!!! They can really put on a show!!!:rockon:
The band is amazing! They also get good crowds. I was talking about administration support/etc. I know Central had very few coaches in the building and had some other issues getting funds, etc.
Haddix from PCC would be a good young coach, I think he went to EKU, and took over for Brown once before.
I have a STRONG feeling Chuck Smith is coming to Madison Central. Elmer Thomas the new Superintendent came from Boyle Co. and has already spoken to him. Not sure how the conversation went, but contact there has been made. If he takes the Madison Central job good lord Madison Central will have a war on their hands with Allen Feldhaus in the building...LOL
I don't think MC will bring anybody in that could possibly make football bigger than basketball.
Ryle and Madison Central open on same day 6a will see some changes next year
Dudley Hilton to MC, might as well, he is going everywhere else.
It is my understanding that 2 of Browne's assistants who were running the weight room (on their own, just to be professional and they love the kids) were told that one of the junior high coaches would be handling that stuff from here on. The A.D. told the kids in a meeting before he even told the coaches! Very classy move! One of the coaches that were told they wouldnt be needed was an ex strength coach at EKU. However, Im sure the junior high coach knows more! It looks like the Administration doesnt want football messing with King Basketball. They can make football a training team for basketball during FB season!! I dont know who will end up with this job, but, Good Luck!!!!
Well that's dumb. Allen Feldhaus runs that school no matter who the Principal is. Don't know the assistant coaches down there but to let a middle school coach do weight room program is a joke if that is true.
It is absolutely true. What's bad is that the coaches thought that they were doing a good thing for the program knowing that they probably wouldnt be rehired by the incoming coach. It seems to me that it was just a slap in the face. I dont know much about the school administration so I wont make any negative comments about them, but this situation doesnt seem to have been handled very well. Of course, like always, there are 2 sides to every story. However, my info comes from a player so I feel like its pretty solid. He said that the players werent very happy with the situation. Apparently, they like the 2 coaches in question.
Quick, what u said is 100 truth. I spoke to the coaches you speak of, including Coach O. Mc thinks they getting chuck smith....u think he's gonna play 3rd fiddle to basketball and baseball. Lol no!
Madison Central should be a plum job.
E's Army Wrote:Madison Central should be a plum job.

E it should be, but not as much as you would think. Basketball/Feldhaus, along with Baseball run the show here. That is why I don't think Chuck Smith goes there.
Who are the 2 coaches that were trying to run the weight program?
Farris, its my understanding that it was Coach O'Buck and Coach Cole. They are both certified and work in the building I was told. Again, this is coming from a kid. Coach O was the Strength/Conditioning Coach. I know "a new broom sweeps clean" and obviously the new coach will choose his own staff, but there is a right and wrong way to do everything. Apparently, both these coaches are experienced and have coached at other schools, so they have good resumes. Im sure they will land on their feet at other schools but I hate it because the kids really like both of them!
Steelcurtain, I agree. I dont think they want someone like Chuck Smith although he would be an outstanding hire. Regardless of who they hire they will look like a genius. MC played scads of young kids, a lot of sophs. I think the QB could even be a frosh but I could be wrong (he might be a soph). Either way, he did a very good job under adverse conditions this season. I think hes gonna be a dandy. I think Browne brought him along well this year. As young as he is, late in the year he didnt care to step up in the pocket and follow through on his passes even though he knew he was many times going to get hit in the mouth. I like the boy!
Quickkickonthird Wrote:Farris, its my understanding that it was Coach O'Buck and Coach Cole. They are both certified and work in the building I was told. Again, this is coming from a kid. Coach O was the Strength/Conditioning Coach. I know "a new broom sweeps clean" and obviously the new coach will choose his own staff, but there is a right and wrong way to do everything. Apparently, both these coaches are experienced and have coached at other schools, so they have good resumes. Im sure they will land on their feet at other schools but I hate it because the kids really like both of them!

I've talked to Obuck a few times since it happened. Every bit of what you said is what he told me to.
I know Coach O'Buck, he was an all OVC lineman and certified strength and conditioning coach. Why in the world would they not let him continue to run the weight program certainly if he is ALREADY IN THE BUILDING...Madison County School adminstrators are NUTS even when they do good things (and they do) they still screw it up some how.
Should be a slew of good assistants available in Richmond with Eastern sitting there. Didn't Andrew Souzy help on D this year. He was OVC defensive player of the year a couple of years ago.
E's Army Wrote:Should be a slew of good assistants available in Richmond with Eastern sitting there. Didn't Andrew Souzy help on D this year. He was OVC defensive player of the year a couple of years ago.

E, you are missing the point. Like the other posters are saying, keeping qualified weight people in there might actually make football better. We cant have that, now can we??
I thought they would give Browne another year. Everyone knew how young they were going into the season.
Any news on this? Any new names being thrown around?
Madison Central could be just like Scott Co if they choose to be.
Just like Scott County? Whats that mean? Whats so great about Scott County other than their basketball program? I know they finally got a football title but still.
Scott Co has been in a tough situation, running into Trinity over and over. In most classes they probably have 4 or 5 titles by now. I agree that Madison Central has they athletes to be as good or better than Scott Co. No reason they shouldn't be in the running for a title every few years.