Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn 34 Alabama 28
Tigers shock the Tide.

Thoughts? Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
They really need to play this gme earlier in the year.

I still think Bama is the best team in the nation, but I think Auburn could be number 2.

An FSU/OSU title game would be a bore. OSU would just run it uop the middle 400 times with Hyde and Winston will be in orange awaiting a trial date for FSU.

Lets all hope Michigan State knocks off Ohio State or Duke knocks off FSU.
The way it looks, Bama may only drop to 4.
If Aurburn wins the SEC championship game, theyll go to the title game before Bama does. But, if Missouri wins, and FSU or OSU loses, I think Bama sneaks back in.

One things for certain, an FSU/OSU title game will be a utter disaster.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They really need to play this gme earlier in the year.

I still think Bama is the best team in the nation, but I think Auburn could be number 2.

An FSU/OSU title game would be a bore. OSU would just run it uop the middle 400 times with Hyde and Winston will be in orange awaiting a trial date for FSU.

If Aurburn wins the SEC championship game, theyll go to the title game before Bama does. But, if Missouri wins, and FSU or OSU loses, I think Bama sneaks back in.

Auburn will jump OSU in BCS rankings
^
I honestly hope so, but I don't know.

I think Ohio State will have its hands full with Michiganm State next week.

If Auburn does jump Ohio state, the Buckeye fans will be screaming bloody murder.

Auburn has kind of come out of nowhere, but they've only lost one game all year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They really need to play this gme earlier in the year.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

If Auburn does jump Ohio state, the Buckeye fans will be screaming bloody murder.

Auburn has kind of come out of nowhere, but they've only lost one game all year.

It will be close

After allowing a crappy Michigan team to hang 41 on them I'd venture to say Mich St. has a good chance of beating OSU.

In my book we just watched the NC game. No other matchup will pit the talent we saw on the field in Auburn for the remainder of this season!

This was a great game. Saban and his special teams coach dropped the ball on not having at least a couple burner athletes on the edges in the event of a run back attempt. 55 yd fg attempts tend increase the odds of such a run back. He won't make that mistake again.

Curious over how much Saban will pms now after the criticism he'll get these last couple weeks.

Congrats to Auburn on the win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Interesting points.

With ...
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Missouri
5. Alabama

Thats what is likely to happen with the rakings.
Bama might get lucky and be ahead of Missouri.

If Florda State is the only team to lose and auburn wins, I say an Ohio State/Auburn NC
If Ohio State was to lose and everyone else and auburn wins, I say a Florida State/Auburn NC
If Ohio State and Florida State were to lose, then it could be the winner of the SEC championship game vs. alabama. 2011 anyone? LSU/Bama rematch for the title game could happen again if the two sucky teams lose.
Ohio states only win against a ranked opponent was against Wisconsin.
They have lost 3 games (Wisconsin).
I just don't see them being ahead of Auburn
^
I hope you are right.
I think we're going to see an FSU-Auburn NC game and OSU-Stanford/Ariz St in the Rose Bowl as it should be.

Mizzou/Bama-Clemson/Okla St. in the others. Mix and match accordingly to who travels better and all the other tangibles the bowl selection committees evaluate.

Here are the game stats:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333340002
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Alabama is a class act, not many teams will help their in-state rival win a game...smh
I wonder how many trees will get poisoned this week.
Ohio State will lose to Michigan State next week, if not then tough break SEC
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Interesting points.

With ...
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Missouri
5. Alabama

Thats what is likely to happen with the rakings.
Bama might get lucky and be ahead of Missouri.

If Florda State is the only team to lose and auburn wins, I say an Ohio State/Auburn NC
If Ohio State was to lose and everyone else and auburn wins, I say a Florida State/Auburn NC
If Ohio State and Florida State were to lose, then it could be the winner of the SEC championship game vs. alabama. 2011 anyone? LSU/Bama rematch for the title game could happen again if the two sucky teams lose.

You are 100% correct, although I think Duke beating Fla St is a stretch. However I do think MSU will beat OSU setting up OSU/Auburn in nat. title game.
I think Bama only falls to 4th.

If that happens, all it takes it for Auburn to lose to missouri and one of the other two teams to be upset and there back in.
You SEC freaks are a waste of fine oxygen.
^
A waste of fine oxygen is a college QB who sexually assaults a woman and thinks his stature can get him out of it Confusednicker:
I think Auburn is still the luckiest team in America.

I'm not buying them.
^Every team that has ever won ANY Championship. Has had LUCK on their side some where down the line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
A waste of fine oxygen is a college QB who sexually assaults a woman and thinks his stature can get him out of it Confusednicker:
Stuff like this. Get educated on the case and then come talk.

He had such "stature" in December of 2012.

I hope you have been accused of something and had everyone in the United States immediately label you a criminal. That would be both fair and fun.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Stuff like this. Get educated on the case and then come talk.

He had such "stature" in December of 2012.

I hope you have been accused of something and had everyone in the United States immediately label you a criminal. That would be both fair and fun.

Can't say that I have.

Let me ask you this though.
Lets say Florida State wins. Then they get selected to play in the NC. 2 weeks before the game, Winstn gets arrested and admits he done it.
Winston wouldnt be able to play in the title game. Would FSU still deserve to go? We all know it would be a sure loss for them then.
If I was part of the voting commitee I wouldnt take the chance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Can't say that I have.

Let me ask you this though.
Lets say Florida State wins. Then they get selected to play in the NC. 2 weeks before the game, Winstn gets arrested and admits he done it.
Winston wouldnt be able to play in the title game. Would FSU still deserve to go? We all know it would be a sure loss for them then.
If I was part of the voting commitee I wouldnt take the chance.
Wisnton has been a huge part of the FSU success. No doubt. The thing that really hurts me from saying they still deserve it would be the Coker injury. Coker was a more than reliable backup.

FSU hasn't had a game closer than 14 points. 11 of 12 have been 27 or more. Part of me wants to think that even with a backup, this team, as dominant as it has been, could still be undefeated with Maguire at QB.

I wouldn't come close to saying it would be a "sure loss". FSU has statistically the #2 defense in the nation. The talent surrounding Winston is good enough for about 14 points a game. You add a couple of FG drives and a team will need 17-21 points to beat Florida State. Something only one team has done against the first string defense over 2 months ago. Especially, if the team in the game is Ohio State, that has struggled with Northwestern, Michigan, Iowa, and Illinois to an extent. I would take a Maguire-led FSU team over all of those.

Auburn? I take a Maguire-led FSU over Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and would be close to the UGA team Auburn beat and LSU.

Missouri? Their schedule does not do much to thrill me compared to Auburn's or Alabama's. Also, they have not really dominated any games. Credit them for winning them, but they get no bonus points for wowing anyone. And let's get real, the SEC is not like it has been the past 5 years. It is still the toughest conference, but not like it has been.

If Coker was healthy, I would still feel good about FSU against every team besides Alabama. I think Alabama and FSU were the two best teams by a good margin this season.

Not to say FSU won't beat Duke and then go to the National Title game and get beat by 14 or 21. If you don't show up against another top-5 quality team, you will get beat. But, I think the dominance that FSU has shown gives them a sport regardless of the Winston case. Which, everything I have read points towards an unlikely charge, unless electronic evidence brings forth new information.
^
I think is the best two teams were to play in the national championship, it would be Alabama and an FSU team with Winston.
I dont see it happening now with Bamas late season loss, but those are the best two teams in the country with that scenario.

I think Auburn and Ohio state would make for a decent bowl game, but I dont think Ohio state is half the team Bama is. Bama picked a bad time to have a bad game.