Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 33 John Hardin 28 Final
Final
Congrats BG!
Was this game as close as the final score indicates? Can someone post a game recap?
Wow good try jh... the monster still lives.
Bowling green strips the ball from a JH running back and scored on the next play. On the following kick the JH returner fumbled and BG scoops and scores 14-0 in about 2 mins.. Bowling green goes up 27 before John Hardin goes for 28 unanswered points and shuts down the purples until the final drive of the game.
A lot closer than I thought it would be.
Elam didn't play for John tonight he had a really bad limp and couldn't even warm up before the game
Bowling Green lives to play another day. Congrats to John Hardin on a great season.
Bowling Green scored 21 points off three turnovers and lead 28-7 at halftime. John Hardin came out and ran it down the Purples throat and took a 28-27 with 9 minutes to play. JH missed a 37 yard field goal with 4 minutes left and the Purples went 80 yards and scored with 35 seconds left. John Hardin leff it all on the field and just came up a little short. Hats off to them for another classic. Devon Hayes QB wasn't himself. I don't know if it was the cold or John Hardins defense. More of the latter I think. When the game was on the line, the Purples did what I've seen them do a dozen times during their 43 game win streak, they drove it down the field and won. We get to play the youngsters from Pulaski Coumty. I'm looking forward to it.
Purple how is BG going to look next year I know you guys take a big hit to graduation? John should have a pretty explosive offense next year but we lose a ton of guys off our defense. John has a sophomore freshmen and 8th grade class right now that is just flat out good I'm hoping we trade places and John can go on a 45 game winning streak. Great game last night BG did what champions do and found away to win. Good luck next week hope you win your third straight title
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Purple how is BG going to look next year I know you guys take a big hit to graduation? John should have a pretty explosive offense next year but we lose a ton of guys off our defense. John has a sophomore freshmen and 8th grade class right now that is just flat out good I'm hoping we trade places and John can go on a 45 game winning streak. Great game last night BG did what champions do and found away to win. Good luck next week hope you win your third straight title

Bigdaddy, You hit is right on the head. Our issues next year will be replacing a great defense. I am also a bit concerned about depth as I think we had 14 Juniors this year and our Sophomore class is down. Just make sure Witherspoon gets in the gym this summer after baseball and gets serious about football.
Hoss after talking to him last weekend Witherspoon ain't sure he's even going to play baseball he and the head baseball coach can't seem to see eye to eye. But in other news Witherspoon has made the 8th grade all American team. That's got to be a first for Hardin county
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Hoss after talking to him last weekend Witherspoon ain't sure he's even going to play baseball he and the head baseball coach can't seem to see eye to eye. But in other news Witherspoon has made the 8th grade all American team. That's got to be a first for Hardin county

That's too bad about baseball, but good for football I guess. I expect him to get some PT on varsity next year if he continues to improve. How are we looking 7th grade wise?
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Purple how is BG going to look next year I know you guys take a big hit to graduation? John should have a pretty explosive offense next year but we lose a ton of guys off our defense. John has a sophomore freshmen and 8th grade class right now that is just flat out good I'm hoping we trade places and John can go on a 45 game winning streak. Great game last night BG did what champions do and found away to win. Good luck next week hope you win your third straight title

We may indeed trade places next year. We lose 28 seniors. I think about 17 are atarters. We lose all of our skill player. On a bright note, our JV and Freshman class did very well and the middle school continues to get them ready for Big Boy Ball. I think we will be in the hunt, but you guys, Warren Central and Graves County should be favored in the west and those upstarts from Pulaski County look to be the team form the east. We won last year on a great Junior class that we don't have this year. You guys lost a lot of offense last year and will lose a lot of defensive players this year. You don't seem to skip a beat. What's to worry about? If we can't repeat next year, I will be on the John Hardin Bandwagon. We are not on each other's schedule, but you guys have turned out to be our best rivalry over the last 5 or six years. We appreciate it and know payback is coming.
Hoss our 7th grade team right now is going to be decent got some really hard runners but not the speedsters that we had this year but we have to wait until summer practice to see who we get move up from the youth leagues..

AP- I'd like to see a John and BG match up in the regular season especially if we move to 4A like I keep hearing that we're going to do after next season
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Hoss our 7th grade team right now is going to be decent got some really hard runners but not the speedsters that we had this year but we have to wait until summer practice to see who we get move up from the youth leagues..

AP- I'd like to see a John and BG match up in the regular season especially if we move to 4A like I keep hearing that we're going to do after next season

I'd like to see that too. Our coaches seem to get along pretty good, so maybe that's a possibility. Looks like you will have a new rival, if you move to 4A. Warren Central will probably drop to 4A, also. Maybe one of you guys can knock off that machine from Highlands.
BG just keeps rolling. J-H seems to be the only team close to them.
adopted purple Wrote:I'd like to see that too. Our coaches seem to get along pretty good, so maybe that's a possibility. Looks like you will have a new rival, if you move to 4A. Warren Central will probably drop to 4A, also. Maybe one of you guys can knock off that machine from Highlands.

4A could be very strong after the next realignment. It seems a lot of good teams will be dropping down.
We had our chances against highlands just had mental mistakes just like last night
Maybe it's because I'm old, but I froze during the game. I thought that might have been some of the JH's fumble problems in the 1st quarter.
Lets be honest here, this JH team deserves a lot of credit. They flat out play ball everytime they step onto the field with Bowling Green.
JH should have received the runner up trophy over the last couple of year, and will most likely deserve it this year.
AP how good is the 8th grade running back y'all have coming up I think his name was benson? I seen he had some national exposure earlier this year but haven't heard much after that
Bigdaddy and AP, Not to jump ahead here, but also watch out for Bullitt East next year. Undefeated JV team this year with a lot of Juniors who played varsity returning. That Veer offense was pretty impressive to watch.