Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 35 Frankfort 7 Final
Great halftime adjustments. Frankfort had 5 in the box, playing our receivers man to man with 2 safeties deep, just begging us to run the ball.
We did. Go Big Red!
Great job cards ... ugly start.. beat ourselves in the first half pretty bad reffs def helped a little. Too.. thought the field was painted yello for most the evening... lil half time ass chewin and a new cardinal team reappeared for the second half.. think god cause it was really lookin bad in the first.. frank had pretty desent d fence but offence was just shut down.. only score came off couple penalties set mayfield close to their own goal line and frank got a good sack fumble an fell on it in the endzone.. good season frank.. great fans too.. Take state CARDS... BRING ON THE BURG....
I'm pumped. We did better than expected in the spread. Our defense has shut out 3 teams in a row. The first team in playoffs scored late so we look very stout there.
So what was the score at half?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
We are going to state, AGAIN!!!
MC we called this one just about right on.
Frankfort gave us a game for about 2 series and we hand them a gift in the end zone and they score on us. Other than that, not much offensively, Mayfield's defense is definitely clicking at the right time, it was the shining star tonight and really pitched a shut out cause the TD Frank got was just some miscues our line had.
Congrats
See you all in Bowling Green...
I bet they had no more than 75 yards of total offense. They did have a great d line and an awesome punter.
Congrats to Mayfield. Congrats to Frankfort on a great season.
Where's the stats?
Team Stats

Mayfield
First Downs- 15
Rushing Attempts-yards- 40-137
Passing-yards - 11-23-0-249
Total yards- 386
Penalties-yards- 6-39
Fumbles-lost- 3-1

Frankfort
First Downs- 4
Rushing Attempts-yards- 18-84
Passing-yards - 6-21-2-18
Total yards- 102
Penalties-yards- 7-35
Fumbles-lost- 2-2

Individual Stats

Mayfield
Mills for had 29 carries for 119 yards
Deon Jackson caught 5 passes for 111 yards
Trayjon Bright had 5 carries for 42 yards
Marshall Bacon caught 3 passes for 73 yards
Lane Kennemore caught 3 passes for 65 yards

Frankfort
Acree had 4 carries for 28 yards
Robinson had 6 carries for 25 yards
Washington had 5 carries for 25 yards
I'm surprised to see that Acree only carried the ball 4 times the whole night, considering he carried them the week before against Beechwood. Just hard to imagine not using the horse that got you there.
The horse got hit early on and went to the sidelines limping. He was not a factor at all. They were behind the chains all night. It's hard to run on our defense right now. Russellville was one of the best running teams in the state with an even bigger back and they only got 75 yards total offense.
Mayfield is on their normal November run of destruction in 1A.
We want that run to continue this week. We don't want to lay an egg this time.
64SUR is excited as he is on a blind date getting to meet mysonis55.
Hats off to Mayfield the better team won.

As for Acree he was injured in 1st quarter and was in a lot of pain. Couldn't really go.

Good Luck to Cardinals next week!
I noticed the limp. I hope he heals soon. He has the height for bball.
E's Army Wrote:64SUR is excited as he is on a blind date getting to meet mysonis55.
Now that is funny. Does the winner supply a crying towel and a shoulder to lean on?
Don't even get started there smashmouth. At least I don't have to get a pass just to go to the game.