Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeSales 35 @ Glasgow 28
What a game! One of the best i've seen in a long time. Props to Glasgow. I thought you guys had us. It was a great atmosphere for football.

DeSales totally went out, and changed their game plan. I think it confused Glasgow. They didn't expect us to run a hurry up passing first offense. They expected us to grind it out, and it's not what we gave them. I don't think Byrd even got 10 carries, if he did it wasn't much more.

Now we got CAL. It's going to be a war. I hate to hear that their starting QB is out. I'd rather beat them at full strength. Get there early! It's going to be packed!
Seems like Glasgow hung tough. Maybe there is not as much as much separation after the top 3 teams in 2A as we thought.
RoShamBo Wrote:Seems like Glasgow hung tough. Maybe there is not as much as much separation after the top 3 teams in 2A as we thought.

They did more than hang tough! They had us beat! We scored 2 TD's in about 5 min to win it. To our defense, I will say we ran a totally new offense for this game. We ran a hurry up, and threw the football more than we ever have. That does us well coming up. We have shown you cant stack the box against us, because we will throw it, and showed we are good enough to throw it and win, against a very good team on the rd.

I still believe especially now that CAL has lost their QB, that it will come down to DeSales @ Caldwell. I like Somerset. Have many friends that played for the Jumpers. I want a DeSales vs Somerset state final in BG, but it's going to be tough, maybe tougher for us to get there.
Somerset had a much better showing against Glasgow.
mysonis55 Wrote:Somerset had a much better showing against Glasgow.

We had a much better showing against Holy Cross than Mayfield. What's your point?
Congrats to DeSales. They get their shot at redemption.
The point is that Somerset (2a) looked better against Glasgow (2a). This is where the mighty Colts play. That doesn't appear to be a good sign for the (2a) Colts.
Besides it was 10 points difference. We missed a fg and ran jv offense in 4th quarter.
Congrats to the colts , bring the 2A trophy back to Louisville .
I'd say Glasgow stepped up their game BIG TIME and played to win, not just to make a "showing". It's poor consolation now, but those young men can take a lot of pride in what they put on the field Friday !!

:Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:The point is that Somerset (2a) looked better against Glasgow (2a). This is where the mighty Colts play. That doesn't appear to be a good sign for the (2a) Colts.

Did you even play football? You want to compare a game in mid season that was at Somerset, to a playoff game against a team that beat them last year, and celebrated on their field? Those kids at Glasgow played their hearts out friday night. Every player on both teams knew it was win, or their season was over. Myself, and a lot of Colt parents stood by and clapped for the Glasgow kids as they came off the field. Kids were crying, moms, and dads were crying.

There are 8 teams left. The kids know what happens if they lose. I expect them all to play at a high level this week.

This is by no means a disrespect to Somerset. I have very close tie's to that team.

I also like how you threw out the Class that DeSales was in, because we beat Holy Cross worse than you. We had a running clock in the 2nd Q by the way. But other times you guys want to play the game of how many State championships you could win in 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, and so on. I even remember a thread last year of Mayfield thinking they could compete with Trinity. lol
ColtPride... I'd actually written a pretty harsh reply aimed toward mysonis55 as part of my last post, but deleted that part of it.

It pointed out that mysonis made a common classic mistake (as you indicated in your post's second sentence of your first paragraph. So many fans/parents recognize the progress of their own team through the season, BUT somehow can't or won't see how other teams progress, instead believing the other team stays how they saw them earlier.

DeSales typically plays a tight well-disciplined soundly executed game. I think the game's tight final score simply says Glasgow is a team which improved immensely through the season.

:popcorn:
Wanted to see Glasgow