Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central @ Belfry 11/22/13( Regional Title)
well here we go on round 2,Belfry made adjustments on round 2 for LC and they rolled and know get PCC in another game that PCC feels they let the 1st game slip away,will PCC be without Chapman for this game sunce he was ejected? and if so does it help or hurt PCC,who you got and why?i think with Belfry making this adjustments on Defense and everyone back now,i dont think PCC gets off to the fast start like last time and Belfry wins again by 3 plus scores..
Just like against LC i look for the Pirates to come out and make a statement after falling behind early in the first meeting.. I dont see PCC jumping out early in this one... 4 TD win by the Pirates!!!!
Belfrey by as many as they want and I hope it's so many it's disgraceful! John Paul deserves to get the crap kicked out of him!:flame:
Belfry by 21.
cuppett777 Wrote:well here we go on round 2,Belfry made adjustments on round 2 for LC and they rolled and know get PCC in another game that PCC feels they let the 1st game slip away,will PCC be without Chapman for this game sunce he was ejected? and if so does it help or hurt PCC,who you got and why?i think with Belfry making this adjustments on Defense and everyone back now,i dont think PCC gets off to the fast start like last time and Belfry wins again by 3 plus scores..

Yes he will have to sit out this game.
How long are Pike Central fans going to put up with this guy? Jeez.
Belfry 34+
Belfry by a lot
Strikeout King Wrote:Yes he will have to sit out this game.

wonder if they will let him stand up on a ladder on the track and singal in calls,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:wonder if they will let him stand up on a ladder on the track and singal in calls,lol

I would hope not.... I remember a high school basketball game when I was in school where Pikeville's coach was ejected and made his way up to sit in the middle of the pep band.... the game got close and the opposing coach noticed him sitting there, pitched a fit and forced the game to be forfeited! Good times!!
Belfry makes another statement in this game with another big win.

Belfry 42
PCC 12
Belfry will roll on to semi's.
Belfry by 21
Who will coach if Chapman can't?
Belfry 56 PC 28........Belfry will not turn the ball over like they did the last time. Belfry is so good at making adjustments and just flat out kicking your tail the second time they play you. Johnson will run at will and Hatfield will bust some big runs too. So who does the play calling this week for PC. Young Defensive Coordinator again or what? I don't think he would be ready for a game like this but hey we all have to start somewhere why not Belfry. Get em Pirates
here is something i borrowed from Gut........................about Chapman beeing tossed out the game.....WOW....according to KHSAA rules, any coach or non-player that gets ejected must be suspended for a minimum of 3 games.

"8) Following the date of ejection, there shall be a minimum three additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any coach or
non-player ejected from a contest"
Belfry by 21+
cuppett777 Wrote:here is something i borrowed from Gut........................about Chapman beeing tossed out the game.....WOW....according to KHSAA rules, any coach or non-player that gets ejected must be suspended for a minimum of 3 games.

"8) Following the date of ejection, there shall be a minimum three additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any coach or
non-player ejected from a contest"

So would this punishment carry over into next season as well? Since PC isn't coming out of Death Valley with a W on Friday night.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:So would this punishment carry over into next season as well? Since PC isn't coming out of Death Valley with a W on Friday night.

1 would think so but dont get me to lying,lol
Belfry. 56

Pcc. 13
For football the suspension is for 2 games because of the short season. Read the next paragraph in the rules.
Does anyone know if Hatfield will see any carries against PCC?
Look for Catron in there at LB a lot with that PC passing attack with Edwards and Johnson at safety. All I can think of when I see how well Trenity runs fullback (and the fact Austin is so good there, as well) is that I'd love to see this bunch in a good old fashioned wishbone.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Look for Catron in there at LB a lot with that PC passing attack with Edwards and Johnson at safety. All I can think of when I see how well Trenity runs fullback (and the fact Austin is so good there, as well) is that I'd love to see this bunch in a good old fashioned wishbone.
Would love to see the wishbone come back. Oh those were the days!!!
^ I agree it would be nice to reincorporate moving into next season. Fletcher will likely move back to HB alongside Willis (assuming he gets back from injury) and at at likely 190 lbs or better he would be a nice second man through.

If Fletcher works hard on his body and speed/quickness, there might not be much drop off next year in backfield talent.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I agree it would be nice to reincorporate moving into next season. Fletcher will likely move back to HB alongside Willis (assuming he gets back from injury) and at at likely 190 lbs or better he would be a nice second man through.

If Fletcher works hard on his body and speed/quickness, there might not be much drop off next year in backfield talent.

There won't be much of one at all, just a matter of experience.
Round 2!

Honestly, I'm just happy that Pike Central has made it this far...this tougher schedule has really helped us get to this point.

The first game was full of excitement, Pike Central had a very good 1st half of football against the Pirates until the Pirates stormed out of the gates in the 2nd half and sailed to a 56-34 win.

Pike Central looked a little bit sluggish against Breathitt County Friday night, maybe the rain helped play a factor? I'm not sure.

I will say tho, I honestly felt that once John Chapman was ejected, Pike Central played a little bit better overall...defense stepped up big in the 2nd half.

I think that again this will be a little bit competitive game at first, hopefully Pike Central will pull it all together and play a complete game for 4 quarters...48 minutes.

But in the end, Belfry will be just too tough to overcome especially in these type of big game atmosphere.

-----

Belfry - 46

Pike Central - 27

Best of luck to us both, and hope for a clean, injury free game.
Round 2 for these two teams in the 3rd Rd of the KHSAA 3A Playoffs. The Hawks had a 19-0 in the first half and blew it as Belfry flexed it muscle in the 2nd half in the 1st game of the season. Can the Hawks pull the biggest upset in school history? or will BIG RED ROLL? Who do you got?
If PCC stick with their game plan like they did in 1st half of the first game for the whole game this Friday night. We may see the biggest upset in school history. PCC will have to man up for 48 mins and bust the FB (who ever will be playing) and make em think twice about hitting the quick FB dive and play smart football on offense and hit the end zone fast and quick and again play tough smart defense.
johntom2000 Wrote:If PCC stick with their game plan like they did in 1st half of the first game for the whole game this Friday night. We may see the biggest upset in school history. PCC will have to man up for 48 mins and bust the FB (who ever will be playing) and make em think twice about hitting the quick FB dive and play smart football on offense and hit the end zone fast and quick and again play tough smart defense.

I'm not sure if it was the "game plan" or just the fact we were plagued by fumbles that helped PCC jump out to that early lead, but the Pirates better come to play or we could be in for one heck of a game! Although, I highly doubt PCC has anyone that could make either FB (Carr or Hatfield) think twice about the FB dive. If anything, they will make DL/LB think twice about hitting either of them. Those are some hard nose runners right there.

A wishbone would be nice, especially on short yardage situations. Throw Fletcher back there at HB, or put him at FB and have Carr and Hatfield in at HB. That screams POWER!