• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14 final
Congrats Cov. Cath., tonight you guys were the better team.

Best of luck against Highlands.
Alot of crow to be eaten in Johnsonville.
HUH? Interesting....
Wish JC the best.
Congrats to CC! Starters must be back. I was looking forward to HHS beating Johnsonville like a rented mule, but CC did it for them. Might be a good game next week.
hats off to covington..

still this confuses me. I guess Highlands wins again.
KCCFootball Wrote:hats off to covington..

still this confuses me. I guess Highlands wins again.

easy. Highlands is tough. They steamrolled Ashland tonight.
Ouch
Hats off to CC! They came into this game hungry and ready. Great game plan and was the better team tonight. To the JC Seniors...been a PLEASURE watching u guys the last 4 years!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
please tell me JC had a bunch of turnovers in this 1,i thought this was the best team they have had at the school, and thought they would roll CC,wow
Theres usually 3 pages on JC threads by 11 PM.

Not tonight Confusednicker:

So much for all the Highlands talk.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Theres usually 3 pages on JC threads by 11 PM.

Not tonight Confusednicker:

So much for all the Highlands talk.

Its awfully quiet in the mountains tonight. Bell, Harlan and now JC goes down in flames::flame:
I said yesterday this team Cov Catholic was a different animal, And I got bashed, well Now we understand that the best team in Eastern Kentucky got beat by a Northern Kentucky team again. If you think you got a good team play a Northern Kentucky team or a Louisville team. This show us were not close in Eastern Kentucky we may be 11-0 but you got to play someone first playing these schools around here and killing them gets you nowere.. Im sorry i from eastern kentucky but the truth is the truth
Cov Cath wanting a shot at the Birdies.
CCH played well.

I never would have guess JC's Offense would be held to 14 points.

JC had some chances to make some big plays... but just couldn't get the bounces.
Defense wins championships period.
I just wanna say thank you to the JC senior class. You made Johnson County proud.

2013: 11-1
2012: 9-3
2011: 9-3
2010: 10-3

49 total games as a Golden Eagle, with a 39-10 record over their four seasons and three district championships.
ballboy Wrote:I said yesterday this team Cov Catholic was a different animal, And I got bashed, well Now we understand that the best team in Eastern Kentucky got beat by a Northern Kentucky team again. If you think you got a good team play a Northern Kentucky team or a Louisville team. This show us were not close in Eastern Kentucky we may be 11-0 but you got to play someone first playing these schools around here and killing them gets you nowere.. Im sorry i from eastern kentucky but the truth is the truth

I agree with this post.
JC football is really a sad situation. They have no rivals that will play them any more and no matter how could of a team they have they will never, ever advance past the 3rd round. Someone from N KY is always miles and miles ahead of them...every year. This was the best team to ever wear the black & gold and they did not even compete in the 2nd round. Very frustrating to be a fan. Feel bad for their situation.
I got to say. You jc fans are taking this in stride. But the cc fans aint had time to get home and get on here to ride you.
Cover3;1692413[B Wrote:]JC football is really a sad situation[/B]. They have no rivals that will play them any more and no matter how could of a team they have they will never, ever advance past the 3rd round. Someone from N KY is always miles and miles ahead of them...every year. This was the best team to ever wear the black & gold and they did not even compete in the 2nd round. Very frustrating to be a fan. Feel bad for their situation.

Bolded :biglmao: :lame:

A loss is a loss.... that's why you play the game. But to say we are in a sad situation and it's very frustrating to be a JC fan is insane Cover3. We'll be back.... this isn't the end of JC football. This loss is the end of the season, but no where near the end of JC football.
Big Boom...surprised the Colonels even got on the bus for the trip based on the level of confidence in the thread by the Eagle faithful.

What happened? Can we get some details beyond the Colonels were the better team please. Suppose the walking wounded got it done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
And for the record....
JC and Cov. Cath are tied at 3 wins a piece in this series. And all 6 games have been played during the playoffs.
Very weak schedule made many over exaggerate how good JC really was. I fell for JC fans saying best team ever. When I heard today that the one school on jc's schedule was made up of Christian home schooled kids, I was afraid I might have over estimated this team. A mediocre COV CATH team took it to them. no way was this team is better than the JJ JUDE years! I was looking forward to a good game against JC next week and instead HHS gets to dismantle COV CATH again.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And for the record....
JC and Cov. Cath are tied at 3 wins a piece in this series. And all 6 games have been played during the playoffs.
That's pretty :lame:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And for the record....

And, for full disclosure, all six games have been played at Johnson Central. That is a rather important fact that was omitted.
I have great respect for the Johnson Central team, players and coaches but after watching Highlands tonight I can say that this loss saved you a long bus ride to take an even worse beating. Highlands could have beat Ashland by 80-100 points and that is not an exaggeration.
Leaping Lee Wrote:I have great respect for the Johnson Central team, players and coaches but after watching Highlands tonight I can say that this loss saved you a long bus ride to take an even worse beating. Highlands could have beat Ashland by 80-100 points and that is not an exaggeration.

Leap are you an Ashland fan and at the game tonight? HHS had their D playing tonight (looked like all starters were in) but started 3rd string RB (1st and 2nd string never seeped on the field) and still put up points at will. The D looked good tonight didn't it. People refused to believe a lot of starters have been rested during games this year. Do you think number 30 would have made a difference in the games he sat out, lol.
sstack Wrote:Leap are you an Ashland fan and at the game tonight? HHS had their D playing tonight (looked like all starters were in) but started 3rd string RB (1st and 2nd string never seeped on the field) and still put up points at will. The D looked good tonight didn't it. People refused to believe a lot of starters have been rested during games this year. Do you think number 30 would have made a difference in the games he sat out, lol.

Highlands is a different level. If there is a better team in KY I would hate to run into them.

#30 is a very nice player. The Highlands defense was dominant but to be fair Ashland is very limited offensively with Baker and without him even more so. With that said it didn't matter and I suspect that HHS will handle Cov Cath easily next week. I believe that JC has a nice team but not even in the same league as Highlands and that is not a knock on Central what so ever
Leaping Lee Wrote:I have great respect for the Johnson Central team, players and coaches but after watching Highlands tonight I can say that this loss saved you a long bus ride to take an even worse beating. Highlands could have beat Ashland by 80-100 points and that is not an exaggeration.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Congrats Cov. Cath., tonight you guys were the better team.

Best of luck against Highlands.

Read some posts in update threads where JC posters stated dressmen played and was not hurt. Do they know that was the younger brother who is a sophomore? I do not believe the older better brother who is a SR played.
  • 1(current)
  • Next