Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Lawrence Co 6
Haywood makes some significant defensive changes and Pirates respond by dominating the Bulldogs.
Congrats to Belfry!Bring home the title.Good season young dawgs.got to really work hard in the off season.
Carr 19 carries 103 yards 4TD
Dari 8 carries, 82 yards TD
240 rushing, 290 Total Yards

LC
40 plays 110 Total Yards
Put the BIG DAWGS back on their leash until next year... Pirates make a statement and the defense seems to be clicking....Looking forward to another STATEMENT next week...Congrats PIRATES!!!!
Very impressed with the Pirates tonight. I'm definitely looking forward to the rematch with Pike Central next week at Belfry! I think I'll make the trip in for that one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Pirates.
Good Season LC and Great Job Belfry even though I do not like most of your fans. I am rooting for Belfry the rest of the season.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:Good Season LC and Great Job Belfry even though I do not like most of your fans. I am rooting for Belfry the rest of the season.

Fair enough!!:Thumbs: Best post you've made since you been on here.
did JJ not play? or what about Taylor,is everyone back?
cuppett777 Wrote:did JJ not play? or what about Taylor,is everyone back?

JJ played... LC defense played pretty well versuses the run and Haywood was content to pound it up the middle and make a bit of a statement

Taylor had a long TD reception

Belfry appears to finally be HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!! A.Hatfield was back and he played defense exclusively at Strongside LB and it made a huge difference. Belfry moved Duty to NG and he had a heck of a game. Catron played a lot on defense and was all over the field all night. Bentley played at DT.

Defense stonewalled LC until they sort of let up a bit in the Second Half.. probably the closest Belfry has came all year to a complete game on both sides of the ball.
This defense tonight was reminiscent to the defense against Harlan Co. earlier in the season..
Congratulations Pirates! Great job on your victory tonight. Tell ya something, Belfry Pride...depending on the weather I just might make the drive, too!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:JJ played... LC defense played pretty well versuses the run and Haywood was content to pound it up the middle and make a bit of a statement

Taylor had a long TD reception

Belfry appears to finally be HEALTHY!!!!!!!!!!!! A.Hatfield was back and he played defense exclusively at Strongside LB and it made a huge difference. Belfry moved Duty to NG and he had a heck of a game. Catron played a lot on defense and was all over the field all night. Bentley played at DT.

Defense stonewalled LC until they sort of let up a bit in the Second Half.. probably the closest Belfry has came all year to a complete game on both sides of the ball.

thanks,maybe that was coach Haywood plan all the time and didnt want to give people time to adjust to that defnese,lol
I really liked the way Belfry played tonight! The offense looked good and the defense played better than they have all season. I didn't see nearly as many missed tackles tonight as what i considered the "norm" for this season.
Trenity Carr killed it tonight, I love the way he runs the ball.
Dari did well, although I'm not sure if he will be able to hold up against some of the better defenses later in the playoffs. He runs straight up, and I'm not sure how we will react when he gets his bell rung (he will).

Good win Pirates! Looking forward to Pike Central!
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Pirates! Great job on your victory tonight. Tell ya something, Belfry Pride...depending on the weather I just might make the drive, too!!

That would be awesome! If ya come, ya definitely gotta get there early to join us at the tailgate! Usually starts about 5ish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sounded like the pirates just totally dominated this game from the opening kick off. Congratulations on the win and I truly hope you guys bring home another state tittle to the Mountains. LC had a fairly good season and showed lots of improvement from last year. I think LC is moving in the right direction this team showed a lot of class all season in victory or defeat. I really can't say that about some of LC's supporters but every program has those. The Dawg Family has Belfry's back all the way to BG just don't over look the Hawks and the real test for that tittle will be at Bourbon Co. If Belfry play's like they did last night I don't see any one stopping them. Good luck Pond Creek Nation go bring it home
Sounded like Varney had Catron playing LB on long yardage situations. Love that!
Congrats belfry good luck the rest of the way hope you can bring home a state title to the mountains and pond creek nation. A total dominant performance from kickoff to final horn.
Good luck to Belfry in the playoffs. Good season for the Bulldogs. They made a step in the right direction this year.