Poll: Who wins State
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
43.48%
Wayne Co
17.39%
Central
21.74%
other
17.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A week 2 match ups.....Who do you have ?
Breathitt Co vs Pike Co Central

Corbin At Wayne co

Fort Campbell at South Warren

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry

Corbin At Wayne co

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry
Corbin At Wayne co
Bell Co at Central (Cant pick to keep media bias broadcasting this game)
PT vs Monroe Co
Bourbon Co vs Russell
Garrard Co at Mason
Lawrence co at Belfry

Corbin At Wayne co

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry
Corbin At Wayne co

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry

For the most part should be some entertaining games, If I had to pick an upset it would be Garrard over Mason. PCC and Breathitt could be a dandy also interested in the Corbin/Wayne.

Corbin At Wayne co

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry
C'mon Granny Bear!!! Give Garrard a little Love!!!
I actually thought about it. What made the difference was home field advantage!! Had this game been played at Garrard, they would've gotten my vote!!
1. Pike Central by 14 over Breathitt maybe the best offensive team Breathitt has seen.
2. Corbin by 6 Over Wayne Tradition, Its hard to beat a district foe twice in one year if there evenly matched
3. South Warren over Fort Campbell Defense win in any game this one will be close though.
4. Central by 21+ over Bell this one will be over by Halftime.
5. Tilghman by 14+ over the Falcons Tilghman is very dangerous.
6. Bourbon by 21+ I think they will make it to Bowling Green.
7. Mason by 14+ over Garrard Mason has to much offense for the Golden Lions.
8. Belfry by 21+ over the Bulldogs in a district rematch, Belfry just to stong in this one.
^ I like it, defending your position even if I don't agree with a couple
ballboy Wrote:1. Pike Central by 14 over Breathitt maybe the best offensive team Breathitt has seen.
2. Corbin by 6 Over Wayne Tradition, Its hard to beat a district foe twice in one year if there evenly matched
3. South Warren over Fort Campbell Defense win in any game this one will be close though.
4. Central by 21+ over Bell this one will be over by Halftime.
5. Tilghman by 14+ over the Falcons Tilghman is very dangerous.
6. Bourbon by 21+ I think they will make it to Bowling Green.
7. Mason by 14+ over Garrard Mason has to much offense for the Golden Lions.
8. Belfry by 21+ over the Bulldogs in a district rematch, Belfry just to stong in this one.

Im not on the PT bandwagon just yet, as some of their hype has come from no where.

I hear people say that a coaching change has made this crazy difference, but when I look at their schedule, they lost to every team they should have and beat every team they should have. Their best win was against a McCracken team that was literally playing their first ever football game as a High School.

Now they played a Murderer's row in their first 6 games, but a very soft last 5, so to me they are as unproven as the Mason's and Bourbons of 3a.
Bourbon and Mason havent played anyone weak schedules ... PT has probable played the hardest schedule in 3A they are gonna be a tough battle for anyone
Objective Wrote:Bourbon and Mason havent played anyone weak schedules ... PT has probable played the hardest schedule in 3A they are gonna be a tough battle for anyone

Who has PT beaten of the tough teams they played (besides McCracken who was playing their first ever football game)?
it's not always about who has the most regular season wins/loses but how you prepare for the playoffs and a tough schedule always helps a team get ready. to get better you have to play the best competition and improve. even tho they haven't won a lot of games their schedule has them better prepared. They've played all those really good teams close. I'll take that over a weak schedule any day. For me it's more about titles
Again why doesn't Wayne get mentioned in the weak schedule debate? Not any better than Bourbon's, better then Mason's.
I am baffled when someone repeatedly uses the excuse for the loss to Tilghman was that it was McCracken's first game. Hello? The same coach, Jack Haskins, and his same staff, have been coaching these same Lone Oak kids for a decade or more.

There may be a few new players from Reidland and Heath that came aboard, but not many, plus the usual transfers they poach from Paducah Middle or from across the river in Massac County, Illinois. No more new faces than would join a typical high school team every year. Haskins is
superb at developing quarterbacks. Maybe the best in the state. But he has help. The McCracken Co. website lists an astounding 18 football coaches.

The record also shows Haskins' teams generally get better as the year progresses but he has lost three in a row to Tilghman when he likely had better overall teams. Why? Because PT is well-conditioned in the heat and his teams are not. If you play for PT, you run, a lot, every single day. PT lost five murderer's row games. No excuses. It is what it is. The key kids who missed those games are now all back. Perhaps Larry Shanks' return coincided with facing weaker opponents. Maybe it did not. We shall see what the future holds.
PCC
Wayne Co
South Warren
Central
PT
Bourbon Co
Mason Co
Belfry
Thrillex Wrote:Again why doesn't Wayne get mentioned in the weak schedule debate? Not any better than Bourbon's, better then Mason's.

Because it's not Monroe Williamsburg Bell Garrard and Corbin even Southwestern (best 1-9 team in the state one of toughest schedule in the state) and they have destroyed all these teams except corbin who played them close.
Objective Wrote:Because it's not Monroe Williamsburg Bell Garrard and Corbin even Southwestern (best 1-9 team in the state one of toughest schedule in the state) and they have destroyed all these teams except corbin who played them close.
Bourbons first 3 games aren't looking so bad now with running clocks at halftime/ early 3rd quarter on all 3 teams. @Montgomery, very physical team, which should have beaten Conner, @breathitt, which turned out to be pretty good, Lincoln solid 5a team
Football Junky Wrote:Bourbons first 3 games aren't looking so bad now with running clocks at halftime/ early 3rd quarter on all 3 teams. @Montgomery, very physical team, which should have beaten Conner, @breathitt, which turned out to be pretty good, Lincoln solid 5a team

Bourbon is a great football team and has the potential of winning it all don't think I'm down on them I'm not they are strong and athletic football team and very well could win it this year.

I just like Wayne Belfry and Central a little better right now but that could change
I for one am impressed with Wayne Co. I am impressed with their personnel, skill, size, their results, and their ability score by air or land. They have been tested in one game against a decent team. They essentially gave away their playoff game last year to Central with turnovers and a late defensive lapse. You can bet in a rematch that Tyler Guffey will do better than 10-33 passing when Central again stuffs the box. Wayne County rolled up 18 first downs and Central just 8 but Central also got some key calls, or non-calls @ home. I highly doubt the lessons Wayne Co. learned last year from the Central game will be forgotten. I also think Wayne County's coach shows a lot of class in his complimentary remarks about opponents, even the weaker ones.
Objective Wrote:Bourbon is a great football team and has the potential of winning it all don't think I'm down on them I'm not they are strong and athletic football team and very well could win it this year.

I just like Wayne Belfry and Central a little better right now but that could change
I agree with Central, because home field advantage, gonna be tougher on Belfry because they go on the road
While Belfry would rather play at home, they don't mind playing on the road, Belfry travels better than about anyone.
The home team could split profits with Belfry when they visit, and still have plenty of revenue left over, hahaha. Great passionate fans!
Belfry is only a 7% favorite as of right now in this poll I would have thought it would be higher by this time
Objective Wrote:Belfry is only a 7% favorite as of right now in this poll I would have thought it would be higher by this time

Yea thats a little crazy.

Haywood's not even the best coach in Kentucky 3a football (see Tyrran Scroggins) and he won a NCOY poll from the Belfry faithful. Now they are up 7% in a 3a title poll? Come on Pond Creek Nation!!!!!
Pike Central

Wayne County

Fort Campbell

Bell County

Paducah Tilghman

Bourbon County

Mason County

Belfry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wayne Co will be tuff in playoffs I believe. Pulling for belfry though
My dark horse is Bourbon, I think Belfry Wayne and Central are the best in 3A and everything goes threw Central because they have dominated 3A. I still see Belfry and Wayne as the best teams right now because Central is struggling a little still a great team but not the Central of the last few year. I get to watch them play Bell Friday, and we all will know more next week. Good year for 3A football a lot of good teams !
Objective Wrote:Breathitt Co vs Pike Co Central

Corbin At Wayne co

Bell Co at Central

PT vs Monroe Co

Bourbon Co vs Russell

Garrard Co at Mason

Lawrence co at Belfry

64SUR:Clap: