Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best game that never happened
Now that playoffs are finally here there are many match-ups that people have been waiting a whole year or more to watch. Unfortunately some of these match-ups won't happen because one team or another looses before they meet.
What is the most disappointing missed match-up you can remember? I would have to go with Hazard vs. Mayfield in 2009 or Pikeville Vs. Somerset in 2006.
2006 Raceland vs Russell - top two area teams that year. Russell was state runner-up in 2A, Raceland lost in regional finals to eventually Class A champ NewCath. Raceland defeated Ashland that season, while Russell was beaten by Ashland. I think this would have been one of the best games the Ashland area may have ever witnessed, if it had happened. I believe both teams had 9-1 regular seasons.
Raceland Vs. Fairview 2012
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pikeville vs Fairview 2013
Raceland vs Hazard 2013. Confusednicker:
Bell county an Knox county both had good teams last season an didn't play. Both stayed ranked within the mnt top 5 all last year.
Wayne co. Vs Pulaski co.
Fairview and the playoffs 2013. They had a very good team which would have made noise in November.
Raceland vs Beechwood 08
Raceland vs Hazard 08

3 BIG strong teams. All of which could play smash mouth football or throw the ball as well. Two of the smartest QBs ever to play in Single A with Olinger(Haz) and Boyles(Race). I believe Nussbaum was RB at BW. Then you had Dento and Carver at Raceland, both went for 1200+ yards and 20 tds. I would say all three teams had olines and dlines that avged about 6'3 260+. i know Raceland did for sure.
2012 Raceland vs 2012 Fairview. We all know that Raceland stumbled against Pikeville and this game didn't happen but it is curious to wonder if Raceland could have beat them if this game took place.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland vs Beechwood 08
Raceland vs Hazard 08

3 BIG strong teams. All of which could play smash mouth football or throw the ball as well. Two of the smartest QBs ever to play in Single A with Olinger(Haz) and Boyles(Race). I believe Nussbaum was RB at BW. Then you had Dento and Carver at Raceland, both went for 1200+ yards and 20 tds. I would say all three teams had olines and dlines that avged about 6'3 260+. i know Raceland did for sure.

I don't know that much about the Raceland team that year. just that they was going into the LCA game 12-0. a LCA team that they beat early in the season by 2 or 3 points. I think they only score less then 30 points 2 times that year.

Hazard Vs Raceland, would have been a good game that year.
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 2013
mysonis55 Wrote:Mayfield vs Williamsburg 2013
We will keep our end of the bargain myson you make sure mayfield make it :please:
1985 Cov Cath -vs- Newport. Yes 1985. CCH, one of the best teams in the state lost to Lloyd 21-14 and finished 9-1. Did not qualify for post season action. Too bad for that team you had to "Earn Post Season Play". Might have been the 1st of the PT - CCH Championship matchups.
Lynn Camp vs. Somerset rematch in the region finals in 2005. First game ended in a 41-40 Somerset win that saw the Jumpers down 34-19 in the 4th.
Harlan County Freshman vs Harlan Ind. Varsity!