Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Playoffs Rd 2 - Paintsville @ Raceland
Paintsville will roll into Ram Stadium this Friday for round 2 of the Class A playoffs. Raceland defeated Paintsville 32-10 two weeks ago at Paintsville. The Tigers are a very competitive team and I'm sure will be full of energy hoping to upset the Rams (9-2). Thoughts and predictions??
Rams win by 22.
Tigers looking for revenge and to keep their season alive! I will say this game will be closer than most predictions.

Paintsville-21
Raceland-35
Game will be close for a quarter or quarter and a half. Then Raceland will pull away. BUT this time last year they were beaten by a team (Pikeville) that they had beaten by 40 pts. I believe that was a wake up call though and this team seems to be taking things one game at a time. Rams win by a larger margin at home.

Rams 42
Paintsville 14
I saw these two play the first time and Raceland had Paintsville outmatched the last time an I don't think it will change this week. I think Raceland will win by three scores.
Raceland wins this round.
Rams---34
Tiger---21
Let's Go Paintsville from 64SUR :rockon:
Raceland gets ready for Pikeville rematch. Then on to the winner of Hazard and Wburg.
mysonis55 Wrote:Raceland gets ready for Pikeville rematch. Then on to the winner of Hazard and Wburg.

Mysonis55. Did I just see you say the winner of Hazard an Williamsburg mysonis55 are you starting to think Williamsburg has a chance :thanks:
The first time this match up happened, some of the RAMS were not healthy. This will be a great game and may even be more surprising than last time.
64SUR Wrote:Let's Go Paintsville from 64SUR :rockon:

Looks like Williamsburg is afraid of the Ams.
No 64. Hazard wins that region convincingly.
Tigers get ready for the hard wood & head to gym for basketball on Monday. No chance in the rematch. Raceland is to much up front & the young Tigers can't hang :igiveup::redboxer::igiveup:
64 has worked on your mind.
Rams by 28. Then it's Wrestle Mania with the Panthers.
Rams come out more focused, not wanting a repeat of last years round 2 upset which happened against Pikeville. But the Rams refuse to go home this early, take care of business in impressive fashion...Tigers will play hard but less talent and depth will be hard to overcome.

Raceland 49
Paintsville 14
FBALL Wrote:Looks like Williamsburg is afraid of the Ams.

Looking at Raceland Schedule no Williamsburg isn't afraid of the Ams.Go Paintsville. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:Looking at Raceland Schedule no Williamsburg isn't afraid of the Ams.Go Paintsville. :lmao:

Be afraid...be very afraid...:biggrin:
Rams by 14. Rams learned their lesson last year. They will not over look Paintsville.
Other than Daniels for Paintsville, do both teams come into game injury free?
Raceland has Zach Litteral out with a broken leg, 3 year starting RB. Also have a senior lineman out with an ankle sprain for this game. Kane Snyder did not dress last week either so that is backs that are out. we have our work horse Beach- Senior, then Christian- sophomore and then Walker- freshman. But we will see what we have ready for this Friday. I do know that Zach is out form here on out.
Real playoffs begin for Raceland. Paintsville will be a good test. They are a very solid team.
The Litteral injury has been a tough loss for the Rams. Zach is a very good player, hard nosed runner with great ball security, low to the ground and hard to tackle. The only silver lining with his injury has been the motivation it has created for the Rams to play for him. Zach is still a huge part of the team. It's really something special to see the Rams walk out of the big Ram Tunnel and push Zach in front of them. But other than Litteral, Rams are healthy and ready to go. I wouldn't want to be a visiting team at Ram Stadium right now, Rams are dead set of defending their turf. Bring on the Tigers.
Raceland better not overlook Paintsville...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Raceland better not overlook Paintsville...

Pikeville almost lost to paintsville Confusedhh:
How is the Kash Daniel kid doing and The Litteral kid from raceland?
Hate to see kids like Daniel and Litteral not get to play in big games like this one.
Raceland by 28+
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
At the end of the day who cares really nobody gonna remember this anyway in 5 years. Too many people live their lives thru hs sports that's sad. Good luck to all teams playing. Mayfield unreal nobody got anything for them anyhow so everyone else playing for 2nd place.
Litteral will have a tough recovery. He was trying to hold off on shoulder surgery whe he broke his leg. He has a torn labrum i believe. Tht is why he is in a wheelchair. His shoulder cant hold up on cruches. From what I understand, Kash had a pretty bad leg break as well. Hae to see them down. Kash being out is alot harder on Paintsville than losing Litteral is for Raceland. Raceland is pretty deep at RB. At the beggining of the year it was Beech, Litteral, Christian...since then it has become Beech, Snider, Christian. I look for Snider and Christian to have BIG years next year.

Litteral is still the heart of that team though. Letting him and Robinson lead the team on the field(by way of Robinson pushing Litterals wheel chair is a great way to keep them involved and allow those two seniors to continue to lead).

Raceland is playing very consistent ball right now. Not getting to high and not geting to low. Spreading the ball around in both the running and passing games. The bg difference in Raceland in weeks 1-5 and Raceland weeks 6-10 has been their abikity to control the clock a bit more and they have learned to utilize the fact that they dont have a leg to kick the ball deep on kickoffs. So they are doing what thu have to. They have also been playing incredible defense as of late. Holding the last 3 or 4 opponents to around 100+ yards below their average and doing so, for the most part with only 6 or 7 guys in the box.

Raceland is clicking at the right time, it may very well be a long night for the Tigers.