Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
10.00%
Bourbon County
90.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Bourbon County 11/15
thoughts/predictions
Bourbon big...
I'd like to see Russell win but they will likely lose and be rolling out the basketballs on Monday 11/18.
Bourbon.

But I think Russell might surprise a few people and hang for a little while.. In the end, Bourbon by 3 or more TDs
i would like to see Russell win for a couple reasons.1. if Belfry keeps winning they would plat at home in the semis if Russell was to win.2.Belfry and Russell hasnt played in a while.
Bourbon by 28. Hope I'm wrong...
cuppett777 Wrote:i would like to see Russell win for a couple reasons.1. if Belfry keeps winning they would plat at home in the semis if Russell was to win.2.Belfry and Russell hasnt played in a while.

I love the Russell/Belfry rivalry. Those teams have a long history going way back to when McGlone and Haywood were young and they were both in the same district. But I'd say it will have to wait one more year.
Nothing to indicate this will not be a Bourbon blowout.
Tica Wrote:Nothing to indicate this will not be a Bourbon blowout.
They gotta get by a good Russell team first, before worrying about Mason. Russell seems to be rolling and a pretty dangerous team. I like The Colonels at home though
I don't see a blowout but I also thought Russell would hang with Pikeville and they didn't. With Pope still out, Russell can at least sell out vs the run and that is their strength. Russell will likely lose but IMO they will be pretty darn good next year. McKee looked VERY good last night and Korzep at FB is a big strong kid who has borderline RB speed and nice athleticism and power. IMO if Korzep imbraces that FB role, he could be VERY good next season and the straw that stirs the drink for Russell.

Nick Conley will start getting pub statewide next year if he commits.

Everything I said will likely not result in a Russell victory in Paris though.

Russell -14
Bourbon - 35
FBALL Wrote:I love the Russell/Belfry rivalry. Those teams have a long history going way back to when McGlone and Haywood were young and they were both in the same district. But I'd say it will have to wait one more year.

the very 1st game i seen Belfry play was the last game at Vipperman when both was undefeated.but know they go way back..
PaytoPlay Wrote:I don't see a blowout but I also thought Russell would hang with Pikeville and they didn't. With Pope still out, Russell can at least sell out vs the run and that is their strength. Russell will likely lose but IMO they will be pretty darn good next year. McKee looked VERY good last night and Korzep at FB is a big strong kid who has borderline RB speed and nice athleticism and power. IMO if Korzep imbraces that FB role, he could be VERY good next season and the straw that stirs the drink for Russell.

Russell -14
Bourbon - 35
Bourbon has 3 great running backs and a great O line, will be tough to stop
PaytoPlay Wrote:I don't see a blowout but I also thought Russell would hang with Pikeville and they didn't. With Pope still out, Russell can at least sell out vs the run and that is their strength. Russell will likely lose but IMO they will be pretty darn good next year. McKee looked VERY good last night and Korzep at FB is a big strong kid who has borderline RB speed and nice athleticism and power. IMO if Korzep imbraces that FB role, he could be VERY good next season and the straw that stirs the drink for Russell.

Russell -14
Bourbon - 35

Turnovers and special teams killed them against Pikeville. They rushed for about. 350 in that game.
FBALL Wrote:Turnovers and special teams killed them against Pikeville. They rushed for about. 350 in that game.
Bourbon has two of the best linebackers in the state, especially Mitchell, he is a beast, kid has roughly 500 tackles in his high school career!!!
Who have they lost to this year, and by what margin
mightydog Wrote:Who have they lost to this year, and by what margin

There 11-0 so far.

Aug 24, 13 Montgomery County away 48 - 12 (W) Click 66th Annual Rec Bowl
Aug 31, 13 Lincoln County at Boyle County 55 - 14 (W) Click Stuart Powell Bowl
Sep 6, 13 Breathitt County away 55 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 20, 13 Harrison County home 64 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 27, 13 Western Hills away 75 - 20 (W) Click
Oct 4, 13 Estill County away 43 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 11, 13 Garrard County home 42 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 18, 13 Powell County away 49 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 25, 13 Bath County away 48 - 6 (W) Click
Nov 1, 13 George Rogers Clark home 41 - 0 (W) Click
Nov 8, 13 Fleming County home 41 - 0 (W)
cuppett777 Wrote:i would like to see Russell win for a couple reasons.1. if Belfry keeps winning they would plat at home in the semis if Russell was to win.2.Belfry and Russell hasnt played in a while.

If Belfry makes it to the semis they travel regardless of who they play.
Allsports#1 Wrote:There 11-0 so far.

Aug 24, 13 Montgomery County away 48 - 12 (W) Click 66th Annual Rec Bowl
Aug 31, 13 Lincoln County at Boyle County 55 - 14 (W) Click Stuart Powell Bowl
Sep 6, 13 Breathitt County away 55 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 20, 13 Harrison County home 64 - 21 (W) Click
Sep 27, 13 Western Hills away 75 - 20 (W) Click
Oct 4, 13 Estill County away 43 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 11, 13 Garrard County home 42 - 0 (W) Click
Oct 18, 13 Powell County away 49 - 6 (W) Click
Oct 25, 13 Bath County away 48 - 6 (W) Click
Nov 1, 13 George Rogers Clark home 41 - 0 (W) Click
Nov 8, 13 Fleming County home 41 - 0 (W)

I see the Estill scores are about the same. They do play into Russells strength, run defence. It's a not better than their pass defense. If they have three big running backs I hope to f
Vod Smith rotates some of Russells bigger kids in on the line. If he player those same smaller kids all night and brings an even smaller replacement in like he has done, they will run roughshod on Russell all night. I hope he soul throw some loyalty to his seniors out the food for once and play the kids that give you your best chance of winning. There's no tommorow for these seniors if they lose
Sorry for all the miss spelt words, I tried to edit it but couldn't get to it for some reason. I think you get the spirit of my comment
mightydog Wrote:I see the Estill scores are about the same. They do play into Russells strength, run defence. It's a not better than their pass defense. If they have three big running backs I hope to f
Vod Smith rotates some of Russells bigger kids in on the line. If he player those same smaller kids all night and brings an even smaller replacement in like he has done, they will run roughshod on Russell all night. I hope he soul throw some loyalty to his seniors out the food for once and play the kids that give you your best chance of winning. There's no tommorow for these seniors if they lose
Bourbon was beating Estill 36-0 starting the 2nd quarter at Estill, when (Pope )QB and starting Rb got hurt, it was already a running clock. They coasted the rest of the way that night as team was visibly shaken when both left. It was not a close game at all.
Football Junky Wrote:Bourbon was beating Estill 36-0 starting the 2nd quarter at Estill, when (Pope )QB and starting Rb got hurt, it was already a running clock. They coasted the rest of the way that night as team was visibly shaken when both left. It was not a close game at all.

Any update on Mr. Pope?
bucslover68 Wrote:Any update on Mr. Pope?
Haven't heard
BC by 28.
Bourbon by 30
Bourbon by 20.
Russell needs to come out hot. If they can get a lead and shorten the game, ya ever know. If Bourbon forces some quick punts early on, it could get ugly.
Bourbon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bourbon will win by 40!
Russell by eleventy billion!
I think Russell will be a tougher game than Bourbon has had all year. That being said the only streak that may end Friday will be the running clock streak of 11 games that Bourbon has this year.