Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF, Johnson Central and Highlands?
Bob Seger Wrote:And your basing this on first hand experience of watching each team play?.....Just curious, how many times have you seen all of the pertinent teams play this year?:popcorn:

I'm going out on a limb and say very few,if any, (well maybe the LexCath/Boyle Co game) of them...

I have seen ALL the team mentioned but yours. Yes I traveled to Cincy to watch Highlands vs Moeller, cause Im Moeller alum. I traveled on a Saturday to watch Cov Cath vs FTH. I traveled to BG to watch LC vs BG and pretty much all of LC's home games, and yes I traveled to Boyle to watched them too. And If your team is nearly as good as FT Highlands or the others, then you all should not have a problem hoisting the championship throphy :1:
Bob Seger Wrote:And your basing this on first hand experience of watching each team play?.....Just curious, how many times have you seen all of the pertinent teams play this year?:popcorn:

I'm going out on a limb and say very few,if any, (well maybe the LexCath/Boyle Co game) of them...

That's what so great about living in Lexington. 80 miles to Cincy and Louisville area to watch great HS games. So yeah I do traveled and DO NOT watch games on line ie. Hudl or youtube or Ihigh.. :rockon:
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, the ultimate excuse maker at it again....lol

You're making yourself look bitter and frustrated again Harry.

Ah, Bob. Don't you see what I am really doing? I'm suggesting excuses for your boys for when Fort Thomas, as usual, abruptly and convincingly ends your season. Of course, that depends upon your boys beating
CovCath which, of course, is no given. Your first region trophy will have to wait another year and, most likely, much longer- if ever. But, you should beat Harrison County. They are even weaker than Ashland.
Bob Seger Wrote:Anybody wanna bet that all of the self proclaimed experts have never seen the teams they are predicting to loose ever play before....lol

And how about you? Have you seen any of these teams in person? Can you honestly say you traveled to Forth Thomas, Cincy area to watch Cov Cath, Highlands, heck even in the Lex area to watch Lex Cath or Boyle? Watching Hudl, Ihigh or youtube highlights do not count.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Ah, Bob. Don't you see what I am really doing? I'm suggesting excuses for your boys for when Fort Thomas, as usual, abruptly and convincingly ends your season. Of course, that depends upon your boys beating
CovCath which, of course, is no given. Your first region trophy will have to wait another year and, most likely, much longer- if ever. But, you should beat Harrison County. They are even weaker than Ashland.

Guess you missed the 2006 season.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:They better learn how to pass if they have any chance at Highlands regardless of the venue. The Birds will steamroll. They are that good.....and if Elder couldn't run on them, neither will JC.
I've heard this before and it still comes out JC system produces it's yards. I agree that the eagles don't have the talent of a elder. But they have the system and coaching to move the football. It's not a headed key on this guy kind of attack. And that makes it tough to defend
Bob Seger Wrote:Anybody wanna bet that all of the self proclaimed experts have never seen the teams they are predicting to loose ever play before....lol

Yes, it's hard to compare a team that plays Elder to a team that plays Greenup Co., but all things considered, I'd put my money on a team that hangs with Elder over a team that shallacks the likes of Greenup Co.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Yes, it's hard to compare a team that plays Elder to a team that plays Greenup Co., but all things considered, I'd put my money on a team that hangs with Elder over a team that shallacks the likes of Greenup Co.

LOL!! That's a good bro. That's way to look at it.
Hey JC has to play Greenup it's a district game. I would much rather talk about the team that just shallacked #1 belfry on there own field
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Guess you missed the 2006 season.

Did you beat Fort Thomas? You were lucky. CovCath beat Fort Thomas 25-15 before it cleaned your boys 38-14. You avoided Fort Thomas that year.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Yes, it's hard to compare a team that plays Elder to a team that plays Greenup Co., but all things considered, I'd put my money on a team that hangs with Elder over a team that shallacks the likes of Greenup Co.

Come on wacky, try to keep up with the subject matter here, we're not even talking about FTH, we're talking about CovCath's schedule....I see two good teams on CovCath's schedule (other than teams that they should be beating) and one is a district game

Maybe you really have died,...but when you think about it, you struggled with this stuff when you were alive too..wacky n tacky was a well earned statement...:biggrin:
FBfan4life Wrote:LOL!! That's a good bro. That's way to look at it.

Apparently you have gotten lost on the subject matter here too....lol
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Hey JC has to play Greenup it's a district game. I would much rather talk about the team that just shallacked #1 belfry on there own field

Tomcat,

I do appreciate the thoughtfulness and kindness of your support, but you are losing a battle with your NKY counterparts. I guess they've simply just kept their heads up their rear for so long that they forgot to tell us that:

-NKY invented football
-the sun rises and sets on CovCath and Highlands' footbal fields
-They all walk on water
-The Pope bows and kisses Dale's rings

I think that about covers it. It is one thing to win, but to win with class is something that they have yet to learn. JC does own a winning record against CovCath, winning 3 of the last 4 meetings, but have yet to tackle the elusive Bluebirds. All things aside, Highlands is the prototypical high school program that many try to imitate and only a select few can duplicate. JC, if they are fortunate enough to have the chance to play FTH, they would see this DAUNTING challenge as an honor to compete at the highest level against the proven best for the past 6 years. Best of luck to all teams this post season, only few will reach the pinnacle but all should be congratulated on their accomplishments thus far.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I've heard this before and it still comes out JC system produces it's yards. I agree that the eagles don't have the talent of a elder. But they have the system and coaching to move the football. It's not a headed key on this guy kind of attack. And that makes it tough to defend

Haha, and you're trying to talk logic to a guy that even the Highlands fans think is a dingaling...
Paula Dean Wrote:Tomcat,

I do appreciate the thoughtfulness and kindness of your support, but you are losing a battle with your NKY counterparts. I guess they've simply just kept their heads up their rear for so long that they forgot to tell us that:

-NKY invented football
-the sun rises and sets on CovCath and Highlands' footbal fields
-They all walk on water
-The Pope bows and kisses Dale's rings

I think that about covers it. It is one thing to win, but to win with class is something that they have yet to learn. JC does own a winning record against CovCath, winning 3 of the last 4 meetings, but have yet to tackle the elusive Bluebirds. All things aside, Highlands is the prototypical high school program that many try to imitate and only a select few can duplicate. JC, if they are fortunate enough to have the chance to play FTH, they would see this DAUNTING challenge as an honor to compete at the highest level against the proven best for the past 6 years. Best of luck to all teams this post season, only few will reach the pinnacle but all should be congratulated on their accomplishments thus far.

But according to Harrison Rexford, it's only because of that homefield advantage that JC has when they play....He accounts for 10 of those points being subject to that advantage, but he fails to account for the other 25 when JC slaughters them....Confusednicker:
FBfan4life Wrote:I have seen ALL the team mentioned but yours. Yes I traveled to Cincy to watch Highlands vs Moeller, cause Im Moeller alum. I traveled on a Saturday to watch Cov Cath vs FTH. I traveled to BG to watch LC vs BG and pretty much all of LC's home games, and yes I traveled to Boyle to watched them too. And If your team is nearly as good as FT Highlands or the others, then you all should not have a problem hoisting the championship throphy :1:

I thought I had been to all of HHS home games this year, somehow I missed that game. How did that game turn out,LOL!
sstack Wrote:I thought I had been to all of HHS home games this year, somehow I missed that game. How did that game turn out,LOL!

See, even more evidence that he has gotten completely lost in the whole discussion.:biggrin:
FBfan4life Wrote:And how about you? Have you seen any of these teams in person? Can you honestly say you traveled to Forth Thomas, Cincy area to watch Cov Cath, Highlands, heck even in the Lex area to watch Lex Cath or Boyle? Watching Hudl, Ihigh or youtube highlights do not count.

But, I'm not the one making the predictions here, am I.....

If you cant keep up, .........well you know where I'm going with that...:HitWall:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Did you beat Fort Thomas? You were lucky. CovCath beat Fort Thomas 25-15 before it cleaned your boys 38-14. You avoided Fort Thomas that year.

Your honor.... please let the facts speak for themself. And please the jury to disregard all of Mr. Harry Rex Vonner's statement.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your honor.... please let the facts speak for themself. And please the jury to disregard all of Mr. Harry Rex Vonner's statement.

Indeed, the facts do speak for themselves. When Johnson Central actually beats Fort Thomas you can blow smoke. Until then, you are strictly losers. Losers who blow smoke look rather foolish, don't you think? You haven't earned any smoke.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Indeed, the facts do speak for themselves. When Johnson Central actually beats Fort Thomas you can blow smoke. Until then, you are strictly losers. Losers who blow smoke look rather foolish, don't you think? You haven't earned any smoke.

No... No I do not.

JC has not beat HHS..... it will happen, the only variable is time. But to call us loosers...... :dudecomeon:
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Indeed, the facts do speak for themselves. When Johnson Central actually beats Fort Thomas you can blow smoke. Until then, you are strictly losers. Losers who blow smoke look rather foolish, don't you think? You haven't earned any smoke.

Harrison, the subject is Cov Cath, not FTH...Sheesh

But, while we're on the subject, other than in 2006, does that same statement apply concerning CovCath too?

Or 99% of the other schools in Kentucky?
sstack Wrote:I thought I had been to all of HHS home games this year, somehow I missed that game. How did that game turn out,LOL!

Hahahaha sstack. What I meant was Cov Cath vs Moeller earlier in the season. Hahahaha
Bob Seger Wrote:But, I'm not the one making the predictions here, am I.....

If you cant keep up, .........well you know where I'm going with that...:HitWall:

Yes I am the one making the prediction and your point is William?
http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/opponents

According to this site.... HHS is loosers against the following.

Caldwell County: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)
Cincinnati Colerain, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)
Cincinnati Moeller, Ohio: 0-3-0 = 3 (0.0%)
Columbus Saint Francis DeSales, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)
Glasgow: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)
Henderson: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)
Lawrenceburg, Indiana: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)
Louisville Flaget: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)
Loveland, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)
Madisonville, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)
Shelbyville: 0-1-0 = 1 (0.0%)

HHS has never beat the above teams^^^
Does that make HHS loosers Mr. Harrsion T-Rex Vonner?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:No... No I do not.

JC has not beat HHS..... it will happen, the only variable is time. But to call us loosers...... :dudecomeon:

You may be "loosers" but I didn't so infer. I said you were "losers". All who don't win are losers. You either win or you lose. If your boys ever beat Fort Thomas, I'll be the first to congratulate you and them. But, until that time, you aren't winners. If winning weren't the bottom line, we wouldn't keep score and we wouldn't pass out all those nice championship trophies. Have you ever seen one?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/opponents

Gee, if that is the case, what does that make your team? Nonetheless, I'm happy that you did a little research. It is good to be well versed in regard to the best. That way, you can strive to reach that level someday.
Bob Seger Wrote:Harrison, the subject is Cov Cath, not FTH...Sheesh

But, while we're on the subject, other than in 2006, does that same statement apply concerning CovCath too?

Or 99% of the other schools in Kentucky?

I don't think that a fan of a school that sometimes even loses to Ashland wants to compare past accomplishments or lack thereof. But, it is fun to dig at you boys. It would be unbearable if you ever won a championship. You would be challenging Alabama.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Did you beat Fort Thomas? You were lucky. CovCath beat Fort Thomas 25-15 before it cleaned your boys 38-14. You avoided Fort Thomas that year.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Your honor.... please let the facts speak for themself. And please the jury to disregard all of Mr. Harry Rex Vonner's statement.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:No... No I do not.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/opponents

Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You may be "loosers" but I didn't so infer. I said you were "losers". All who don't win are losers. You either win or you lose. If your boys ever beat Fort Thomas, I'll be the first to congratulate you and them. But, until that time, you aren't winners. If winning weren't the bottom line, we wouldn't keep score and we wouldn't pass out all those nice championship trophies. Have you ever seen one?

Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Gee, if that is the case, what does that make your team? Nonetheless, I'm happy that you did a little research. It is good to be well versed in regard to the best. That way, you can strive to reach that level someday.

I'm pretty cool about certain things on here.....
But when somebody starts talking bad about our team, coaches and players..... that's when I stop being nice. Talkin' smack on here is one thing, but to call JC loosers is something I will not happen and atleast say something in response. We have proven ourself on the field this year going 10-0. No person in their right mind would say any team that is undefeated are loosers.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I don't think that a fan of a school that sometimes even loses to Ashland wants to compare past accomplishments or lack thereof. But, it is fun to dig at you boys. It would be unbearable if you ever won a championship. You would be challenging Alabama.

Dig at us boys?........haha, I'm the only one who is supposed to have fun with that.

Come on now Harry, you being a lawyer, should understand the copyright laws.:biggrin:

But I will agree with you on one thing, that ONE time that ASH Land did beat us was a huge embarrassment...lol