Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF, Johnson Central and Highlands?
I know this a small if, I guess I should say when JC and Highlands face off in the Regional finals, where will it be at? I believe that will be a big factor in who wins.
At highlands but we still got to get buy a real good cov cath ,
At Highlands
Cov cath beat us by 42 last year they pretty well returned there hole team so I don't see us being a favorite ,
Cov cath returns 20 sr. From last year team .
eagles2011 Wrote:Cov cath beat us by 42 last year they pretty well returned there hole team so I don't see us being a favorite ,

Straight from the JC's 2012 KHSAA scoreboard.

Nov 9, 12 Covington Catholic home 15 - 45 (L)

It wasn't a 42 point defeat, but regardless you are correct, it was a beating. I spoke with some of the Cov Cath faithful that night, and they said it was the best team they have had probably since the '06 team when they won the state title. Not saying that the Colonels are a bad team this year, their only losses are to the hands of Moeller and Highlands. I'm just curious, how does last years team compare with the colonels team this year? Maybe some people from NKY can fill me in.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Straight from the JC's 2012 KHSAA scoreboard.

Nov 9, 12 Covington Catholic home 15 - 45 (L)

It wasn't a 42 point defeat, but regardless you are correct, it was a beating. I spoke with some of the Cov Cath faithful that night, and they said it was the best team they have had probably since the '06 team when they won the state title. Not saying that the Colonels are a bad team this year, their only losses are to the hands of Moeller and Highlands. I'm just curious, how does last years team compare with the colonels team this year? Maybe some people from NKY can fill me in.

Depends on who is back. They've been bitten by the injury bug repeatedly this year. I think they can give you a game if the right people are healthy, but they don't show their hand in Park Hills, especially if you have cake crumbs on your shirt.:eyeroll::biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
If CovCath played Johnson Central at Covington or on a neutral field, CovCath would win again. The problem for CovCath is that always being second to Fort Thomas forces them to play on the road. While CovCath has lost two games, those losses were to Fort Thomas and Cincinnati Moeller. Johnson Central doesn't play anyone remotely in the same league with either of those two teams.
I wish people wouldn't start threads like this....

JC has to play a good Harrison County team this week first.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If CovCath played Johnson Central at Covington or on a neutral field, CovCath would win again. The problem for CovCath is that always being second to Fort Thomas forces them to play on the road. While CovCath has lost two games, those losses were to Fort Thomas and Cincinnati Moeller. Johnson Central doesn't play anyone remotely in the same league with either of those two teams.

You are right, I made that comment about the two losses Cov Cath has had. When you have that quality of football and those type teams in your backyard it makes sense to play them. That's definitely a disadvantages of being in rural EKY, you have to travel 2 1/2-3hrs for competition of that caliber. With the economy in shambles, a "war" on coal and cut backs in educational funding, it makes it tough to have those trips. Good luck this week.
Emmit Brown Wrote:You are right, I made that comment about the two losses Cov Cath has had. When you have that quality of football and those type teams in your backyard it makes sense to play them. That's definitely a disadvantages of being in rural EKY, you have to travel 2 1/2-3hrs for competition of that caliber. With the economy in shambles, a "war" on coal and cut backs in educational funding, it makes it tough to have those trips. Good luck this week.

If our nation stays on the path we're on for a few more years....... Eastern Kentucky won't exist.

With the job situation and the already poor economy.... there will be a mass exodus from the hills.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:If CovCath played Johnson Central at Covington or on a neutral field, CovCath would win again. The problem for CovCath is that always being second to Fort Thomas forces them to play on the road. While CovCath has lost two games, those losses were to Fort Thomas and Cincinnati Moeller. Johnson Central doesn't play anyone remotely in the same league with either of those two teams.

if the last part of your sentence if TRUE,it wont matter where the game is played.i dont think it would matter if JC played there at Cov Cath this yr because therea diffrent animal this yr..go Eagles
For those unfamiliar to the rules, heres the easiest way to put it....

In each class there are 4 regions.

On odd years (2013) the odd numbers host. (Region 1 host Region 2, Region 3 host Region 4)

In even years (2014), even number host. (Region 2 host Region 1, Region 4 host region 3)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:a good Harrison County team

:please: That's some big-time sandbagging there, baby.:hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
cuppett777 Wrote:if the last part of your sentence if TRUE,it wont matter where the game is played.i dont think it would matter if JC played there at Cov Cath this yr because therea diffrent animal this yr..go Eagles

I think you are underestimating the value of the home field. The familiar surroundings, the sleeping at home, the wild and partisan atmosphere provided by your own fans, and the familiarity you have with every blade of grass, bump, and hole on your field is worth ten points at a minimum. For Johnson Central, it will be worth more.
Can you dig it? Wrote::please: That's some big-time sandbagging there, baby.:hilarious:

They have 3 wins this season....
35-7 win over a 3-7 3A Fleming County team (Playoffs)
34-24 win over a 8-2 2A Gallatin County team (Playoffs)
41-34 win over a 1-9 5A Woodford County team.

2 close losses 7-14 in a district game against Cov. Holmes.... and a 19-28 loss to Montgomery County.

And loosing 5 games against Williamsburg (20-50), HHS (0-77), Cov. Cath. (6-42), Burbon County (21-64) Mason Co. (19-41)

Harrison Co. only had 1 win last season (28-0) against Pendleton Co.

I didn't say great or juggernaut.... I said Good
bear claw Wrote:I know this a small if, I guess I should say when JC and Highlands face off in the Regional finals, where will it be at? I believe that will be a big factor in who wins.

They better learn how to pass if they have any chance at Highlands regardless of the venue. The Birds will steamroll. They are that good.....and if Elder couldn't run on them, neither will JC.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:They have 3 wins this season....

2 close losses 7-14 in a district game against Cov. Holmes.... and a 19-28 loss to Montgomery County.

And loosing 5 games against Williamsburg (20-50), HHS (0-77), Cov. Cath. (6-42), Burbon County (21-64) Mason Co. (19-41)

They looked like a team standing in quicksand when HHS played them. QB looked good but nothing to go with him. Make it sound like it is going to be a game all you want, but if JC has their best team ever like many are saying, this game is over in 1st quarter and just a speed bump to round two.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I think you are underestimating the value of the home field. The familiar surroundings, the sleeping at home, the wild and partisan atmosphere provided by your own fans, and the familiarity you have with every blade of grass, bump, and hole on your field is worth ten points at a minimum. For Johnson Central, it will be worth more.

I think Cov Cath's greatest home field advantage is...playing on Saturday afternoons. Who still even DOES that in the 21sr century?
Folks if you want to jump the gun on this, then I will too..... FT Highlands vs Cov Cath in one semi's and Russell Co. or Lex Cath vs Boyle County in the other. While these teams I mentioned are practicing for their games on that Thursday, the rest will be home having Thanksgiving dinner. NUFF SAID!!
FBfan4life Wrote:Folks if you want to jump the gun on this, then I will too..... FT Highlands vs Cov Cath in one semi's and Russell Co. or Lex Cath vs Boyle County in the other. While these teams I mentioned are practicing for their games on that Thursday, the rest will be home having Thanksgiving dinner. NUFF SAID!!

Correction!!! Not a semi's matchup, A regional finals. Sorry for the oooppsss.

Ah, the ultimate excuse maker at it again....lol

You're making yourself look bitter and frustrated again Harry.
FBfan4life Wrote:Folks if you want to jump the gun on this, then I will too..... FT Highlands vs Cov Cath in one semi's and Russell Co. or Lex Cath vs Boyle County in the other. While these teams I mentioned are practicing for their games on that Thursday, the rest will be home having Thanksgiving dinner. NUFF SAID!!

And your basing this on first hand experience of watching each team play?.....Just curious, how many times have you seen all of the pertinent teams play this year?:popcorn:

I'm going out on a limb and say very few,if any, (well maybe the LexCath/Boyle Co game) of them...
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:They better learn how to pass if they have any chance at Highlands regardless of the venue. The Birds will steamroll. They are that good.....and if Elder couldn't run on them, neither will JC.

And who said that the ultimate expert, ole wacky n tacky, had died......
Anybody wanna bet that all of the self proclaimed experts have never seen the teams they are predicting to loose ever play before....lol
Bob Seger Wrote:Anybody wanna bet that all of the self proclaimed experts have never seen the teams they are predicting to loose ever play before....lol

:truestory:
then how did warren central run against highlands
.. I suppose you are saying that warren central is better at rushing than elder,lol..
Pulp Fiction Wrote:They have 3 wins this season....

C'mon give it up.
Matney probably didnt even watch film on Harrison.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:C'mon give it up.
Matney probably didnt even watch film on Harrison.

1 game at a time Bro..... 1 game at a time.

:poker face: