Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the highest winning percentage against Highlands? Bellevue, Cov Cath, or NCC?
If you are thinking Bellevue, you are correct. Bellevue has a 30.4% winning percentage against Highlands, which is higher than Cov Cath (29.3%) and NCC (24.1%).
Confusednicker:

Cincinnati Colerain, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)
Cincinnati Elder, Ohio: 1-5-0 = 6 (16.7%)
Cincinnati Hughes, Ohio: 3-3-0 = 6 (50.0%)
Cincinnati Moeller, Ohio: 0-3-0 = 3 (0.0%)
Cincinnati Oak Hills, Ohio: 1-1-0 = 2 (50.0%)
Cincinnati Saint Mary, Ohio: 0-1-1 = 2 (25.0%)
Cincinnati Saint Xavier, Ohio: 3-5-0 = 8 (37.5%)
Cincinnati Woodward (East Night), Ohio: 2-2-0 = 4 (50.0%)
Columbus Saint Francis DeSales, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)

To bad they cant beat the boy across the river :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Cincinnati Hughes, Ohio: 3-3-0 = 6 (50.0%)
Cincinnati Oak Hills, Ohio: 1-1-0 = 2 (50.0%)
Cincinnati Saint Mary, Ohio: 0-1-1 = 2 (25.0%)
Cincinnati Woodward (East Night), Ohio: 2-2-0 = 4 (50.0%)
Columbus Saint Francis DeSales, Ohio: 0-2-0 = 2 (0.0%)

To bad they cant beat the boy across the river :biglmao:

Nor do they run from them.:trolldad2:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
:igiveup:I would have thought cov cath......i would have been wrong
Back when these games were played, Ft. Thomas and Bellevue were on more equal footing from a population standpoint. The schools were closer in size, and Bellevue has always had some pretty decent athletes. I would have picked Bellevue from the three schools listed, but if Holmes had been in the mix, I'd probably have gone that way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who has the highest out of all the NKY schools?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Who has the highest out of all the NKY schools?

Here are Highlands winning percentages, according to the Highlands-Bluebirds.com site, for the various NKY schools that were not previously listed:

Boone County 91.9%
Beechwood 100%
Campbell County 84.7%
Conner 91.3%
Dayton 80.8%
Dixie Heights 88.6%
Holmes 69.7%
Lloyd 79.4%
Ludlow 84.7%
Newport 72%
Pendleton County 100%
Ryle 84.6%
Scott 100%
Simon Kenton 96.2%

So to answer your question, it is Bellevue at 30.4% followed closely by Holmes at 30.3%. Of course, they have only played Bellevue 46 times compared to Holmes 71 times.
6a
Ryle----- 11 - 2 (2010... 37 game win streak ended)
Dixie----- 62 - 8
SK----- 25 - 1
Campbell----- 50 - 9
Boone----- 34 - 3

5a
Cooper----- (undefeated against Highlnads ConfusednickerSmile
Conner----- 21 - 2
Grant Co----- 6 - 0
Scott----- 30 - 0
Sou Oldham----- 5 - 0

4a
Holmes---- 49 - 20 - 2
Cov Cath----- 43 - 17
Harrison Cty----- 7 - 0
Pendleton----- 2 - 0

3a
NCC----- 22 - 7
Newport----- 46 - 17 - 3
Lloyd----- 40 - 10 - 1

2a

1a
Beechwood----- 6 - 0
Ludlow----- 29 - 4 - 3
Bellevue----- 30 - 12 - 4
Dayton----- 47 - 10 - 3
Minimum of 2 games only 1 KY school has a winning record against Highlands

Louisville Saint Xavier: 2-4-0 = 6 (33.3%)
How many of Bellevue's wins have come in the last 20 years?
E's Army Wrote:How many of Bellevue's wins have come in the last 20 years?

None. It appears that they played each other in 1921, 1923, and every year from 1925 through 1968 when HHS won 53 - 0. After that, they no longer played.

Info from http://www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com. See "History" then "Game Results".
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Minimum of 2 games only 1 KY school has a winning record against Highlands

Louisville Saint Xavier: 2-4-0 = 6 (33.3%)

If you include those teams that Highlands has played only once, the following Kentucky schools are undefeated against Highlands: Caldwell County, Henderson, Louisville Flaget, and Shelbyville.
Frozenbird Wrote:If you include those teams that Highlands has played only once, the following Kentucky schools are undefeated against Highlands: Caldwell County, Henderson, Louisville Flaget, and Shelbyville.

Can't wait to see them get another shot at Flaget.Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
E's Army Wrote:How many of Bellevue's wins have come in the last 20 years?

Oddly enough, Dayton was still on the schedule for a long time after Bellevue left.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frozenbird Wrote:Here are Highlands winning percentages, according to the Highlands-Bluebirds.com site, for the various NKY schools that were not previously listed:

Boone County 91.9%
Beechwood 100%
Campbell County 84.7%
Conner 91.3%
Dayton 80.8%
Dixie Heights 88.6%
Holmes 69.7%
Lloyd 79.4%
Ludlow 84.7%
Newport 72%
Pendleton County 100%
Ryle 84.6%
Scott 100%
Simon Kenton 96.2%

So to answer your question, it is Bellevue at 30.4% followed closely by Holmes at 30.3%. Of course, they have only played Bellevue 46 times compared to Holmes 71 times.

That's crazy that the lowest winning percentage is almost 70% sheer domination.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:That's crazy that the lowest winning percentage is almost 70% sheer domination.

It's domination when as a player for a team you have a Coach that boast about be on the team that beat them in 77 or now in the work place meeting people and when HS F-Ball comes up the ask if you were on a team that beat Highlands. I've heard people boast about beating them in JV or Freshman from the 80s and 90s.

That my friend is Domination on the next level.
Four questions your asked in greater Cincinnati when someone finds out that you played football in NKY.

So what school did you play for?
What position?
What was your record how did you finish your senior year?
Did you ever Beat Highlands?
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Four questions your asked in greater Cincinnati when someone finds out that you played football in NKY.

So what school did you play for?
What position?
What was your record how did you finish your senior year?
Did you ever Beat Highlands?

Well, since 2001 if you played for Dixie, CovCath or Ryle, you can say yes.Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Since these are the only ones that really matter, I've pared the list down some. Notice the names on here. All powerhouse teams. All state title contenders in the largest Ohio division, which means they're huge compared to Highlands. Also, except for bragging rights, all meaningless, unless you count playing against bigger, faster teams that make most of your Kentucky opponents look like they're playing on flypaper. Highlands schedules these teams to make up for the sub-par district teams they're forced to play. Keeps the kids from becoming complacent with 77-0 games. Perspective is invaluable when your team has one goal every year: a KHSAA football title.:1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can you dig it? Wrote:Oddly enough, Dayton was still on the schedule for a long time after Bellevue left.

Yes, until 1986. When I was a student at Highlands in the early 1980's we always asked why in the world Dayton played Highlands. It was usually the first game of the season, unless there was some sort of bowl, so we always assumed that it was for the gate revenue since lots of fans and coaches from other teams would attend to see what Highlands looked like. The games were always crazy crowded wth Dayton's stadium filled to the brim, something that I do not think usually happened. Other than ticket sales, I could not figure out what Dayton got from this game because the scores were usually Highlands 50 to 70 - Dayton 0.
My Grandpa went to Bellevue. They were always a very competitive team in the 30's through the 40's. What was the conference? The Northern Kentucky 8 w/ Covington, Newport, Highlands, Bellevue, Dayton, Grant, ? and ?