Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Moutain Top Ten (week of 10-18)
1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) Harlan Co
6) Pikeville
7) North Laurel
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

No changes from last week!! I would like to congratulate Belfry and Pulaski both had big wins this weekend!! I think this list is pretty solid and really can't see a whole lot if movement in the coming weeks.
Yelp! Johnson Central is number 2. So glad that we are the under dogs.:eyeroll:
1 belfry 2pulaski 3 johson co 4 harlan co. 5 north laurel
6 hazard 7 williamsburg 8 corbin 9 pikeville
10pulaski sw
1. Belfry-Johnson Central ( I still have a tie )
2. Johnson central-Johnson Central
3. Pulaski
4. Harlan Co
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel ( still winning without starting QB )
7. Williamsburg ( no way will I give up on the 7 spot )
8. Pikeville
9. Knox Central ( back in my top 10 )
10. Pike County Central

Forgive me Hazard Confusednicker:
Go Big Red! Wrote:1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) Harlan Co
6) Pikeville
7) North Laurel
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

No changes from last week!! I would like to congratulate Belfry and Pulaski both had big wins this weekend!! I think this list is pretty solid and really can't see a whole lot if movement in the coming weeks.
With JC at full strength and Belfry hampered with injuries, there is no way that Belfry is #1 this week. Ridiculous. Not that it matters. Hopefully both teams will be healthy when the question is answered on the field.
Perry central,Breathitt co, making a move Confusedhh:
Harlan Co. suffered some tough losses to Belfry and Johnson Central, but I still believe they could beat Corbin and Pulaski Co. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Would be a great regional championship game.
64SUR Wrote:Perry central,Breathitt co, making a move Confusedhh:

No to both

Breathitt would be the 4 Seed in District 8

Perry Central will get crushed once they play Harlan County and face a team with a pulse after this very weak stretch of games.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:With JC at full strength and Belfry hampered with injuries, there is no way that Belfry is #1 this week. Ridiculous. Not that it matters. Hopefully both teams will be healthy when the question is answered on the field.

They were without multiple starters and still went to Tennessee and took care of business. That tells me they are probably better then we thought. I have them and JC neck and neck but I give the edge to Belfry and IMO we will see why 11/1 it will be no doubt a all out war. I just think belfry has the better team and until they meet we will not know. We can only give our opinions until the face off on the field. Believe me I hope their not that good either I'm a
Corbin fan and if we do happen to get to the title game we are going to have to deal with Belfry. Don't take that out of context and say I'm thinking we are going to BG we have made what was a longshot into a huge longshot. Good luck to all the mountain teams I hope you all do well and to you Johnson Central atleast your fighting for the #1 spot you must have a helluva team.

GO BIG RED!
I would absolutely love to see johnson central and Pulaski go head to head just one time this year. Maybe some calls can be made to work this in a schedule for the future years to come.
I totally agree with belfry and jc at the top spot. I have so much respect for coach haywood. Wonderful coach
I don't see how anyone but Johnson Central can be No. 1 at this point.
^
Agreed.
Central is good but Belfry is better.
HDE Wrote:I don't see how anyone but Johnson Central can be No. 1 at this point.

why Belfrys teams are 21-30 and JC teams are 16-28 without the Canada school and couldnt find there record,and i say expect for HC which the both played ,the teams Belfry beat would beat the teams JC has played..
looks good to me
cuppett777 Wrote:why Belfrys teams are 21-30 and JC teams are 16-28 without the Canada school and couldnt find there record,and i say expect for HC which the both played ,the teams Belfry beat would beat the teams JC has played..

If you look at what team has the most reason to gripe about being #1 or#2 it's Pulaski!! They have knocked off 3 unbeaten teams this year. They have handed north laurel, Madison southern, and Russell co their only loss of the year. I think all three are great teams I've seen them all play and this the way I belive they should be ranked. Good luck to all the mountain teams is like to see the moutains have a couple teams in BG.

GO BIG RED!
I would like to see Corbin and Pulaski both play Johnson Central
Go Big Red! Wrote:If you look at what team has the most reason to gripe about being #1 or#2 it's Pulaski!! They have knocked off 3 unbeaten teams this year. They have handed north laurel, Madison southern, and Russell co their only loss of the year. I think all three are great teams I've seen them all play and this the way I belive they should be ranked. Good luck to all the mountain teams is like to see the moutains have a couple teams in BG.

GO BIG RED!

Pulaski has my vote as the number one team in the "mountains".
Follow that with Johnson Central, Belfry, Harlan County, and Corbin.

Theres no reason to go beyond the top 5. There is not 10 "good" mountain teams this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pulaski has my vote as the number one team in the "mountains".

Theres no reason to go beyond the top 5. There is not 10 "good" mountain teams this year.

Agreed. If people truly believe that Belfry is better than Johnson Central, then Pulaski is better than both. I haven't seen Johnson Central so I can't say how good they are compared to Belfry or PC, but having seen Belfry and PC I think Pulaski is the better of the two.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Pulaski has my vote as the number one team in the "mountains".

I don't see Johnson Central giving up 26 points to North Laurel or just beating Madison Southern by three points.

Is that because whitley is terrible this season?
cuppett777 Wrote:why Belfrys teams are 21-30 and JC teams are 16-28 without the Canada school and couldnt find there record,and i say expect for HC which the both played ,the teams Belfry beat would beat the teams JC has played..
If Johnson Central had played Belfry's schedule, they would have the same record that they have now, and vice-versa, so I don't see how the schedules enter into any discussion of which team is better.

Holy Trinity of Ontario is 3-1 in its conference. It also lost to an undefeated team in Michigan. So, unless it played another American team, it is 3-3, and almost certainly better than the Sheldon Clark team that it replaced on JC's schedule.
Before Belfry and Johnson Central both blasted HC, most people who were familiar with the team that the Black Bears returned thought that HC was better than Pulaski County.

Do those of you who thought so, or even saw HC as the No. 2 team in your neck of the woods think that there is any chance that a game between Harlan County and Pulaski County will end with a running clock? I just don't see that happening myself. Harlan County won its match-up with PC 46-12 last season. Pulaski may beat HC this season, but it will be a competitive game either way.

The best team in the Mountains is JC, with Belfry at No. 2 this week. With both teams at full strength (which JC is and Belfry is not) on a neutral field, I would rate the game between Belfry and JC a toss-up, but they will meet at Belfry this year. Both teams clearly should be ranked ahead of Pulaski County. No one-man team would hold either of those teams to 21 points. Watch what happens when JC plays a one-man show in a couple of weeks.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Before Belfry and Johnson Central both blasted HC, most people who were familiar with the team that the Black Bears returned thought that HC was better than Pulaski County.

Do those of you who thought so, or even saw HC as the No. 2 team in your neck of the woods think that there is any chance that a game between Harlan County and Pulaski County will end with a running clock? I just don't see that happening myself. Harlan County won its match-up with PC 46-12 last season. Pulaski may beat HC this season, but it will be a competitive game either way.

The best team in the Mountains is JC, with Belfry at No. 2 this week. With both teams at full strength (which JC is and Belfry is not) on a neutral field, I would rate the game between Belfry and JC a toss-up, but they will meet at Belfry this year. Both teams clearly should be ranked ahead of Pulaski County. No one-man team would hold either of those teams to 21 points. Watch what happens when JC plays a one-man show in a couple of weeks.

I agree with all that, except "blasting" is too strong a word for Belfry over Harlan County.
The final was 21-12 and Harlan County led at halftime.
Belfry deserved to win, but the game was competitive.
HDE Wrote:I agree with all that, except "blasting" is too strong a word for Belfry over Harlan County.
The final was 21-12 and Harlan County led at halftime.
Belfry deserved to win, but the game was competitive.
Great point. I was thinking that the margin was larger. A 9 point margin certainly does not constitute a "blasting."

I am tempted to say that JC is unquestionably the best team in the Mountains, but I have been wrong about the Belfry-JC game too many times in the past. I remember a few years ago when JC totally dominated Louisville Central (48-29, and it was not that close) and thinking that JC would roll over Belfry. Belfry beat JC 28-12 but later lost to Central in the state championship game by 10.

There have also been years where I thought Belfry was a solid favorite, but JC won the game. The safe thing to do is just say the game is a toss-up every year and resist the temptation to compare schedules and scores because they don't really matter.
Go Big Red! Wrote:1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Pulaski Co
4) Corbin
5) Harlan Co
6) Pikeville
7) North Laurel
8) Hazard
9) Middlesboro
10) Williamsburg

I would take Harlan County over Corbin if they were to play a game. I would take North Laurel in a game vs. Pikeville. I would take Williamsburg in a game against Middelsboro.

That would look like
1. Belfry
2. Johnson Central
3.Pulaski County
4. Harlan Co
5. Corbin
6. North Laurel
7. Pikeville
8. Hazard
9. Williamsburg
10. Middlesboro
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Great point. I was thinking that the margin was larger. A 9 point margin certainly does not constitute a "blasting."

I am tempted to say that JC is unquestionably the best team in the Mountains, but I have been wrong about the Belfry-JC game too many times in the past. I remember a few years ago when JC totally dominated Louisville Central (48-29, and it was not that close) and thinking that JC would roll over Belfry. Belfry beat JC 28-12 but later lost to Central in the state championship game by 10.

There have also been years where I thought Belfry was a solid favorite, but JC won the game. The safe thing to do is just say the game is a toss-up every year and resist the temptation to compare schedules and scores because they don't really matter.

Belfry is a great team, and I hope they win a state championship, but Johnson Central looked quite a bit better to me.
I don't believe Pulaski, or Somerset considers themselves a mountain school.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Great point. I was thinking that the margin was larger. A 9 point margin certainly does not constitute a "blasting."

Solid post and about sums up how I feel to a "T"

Right now I am thinking this is the best JC team Matney has ever had and they are about 17 points better than Belfry (2 TD and a FG).. I also thought a Belfry team missing half their starters would go to Knoxville and lose last week so what do I know HAHA.

FWIW, with the HC game..Belfry dropped a pair of sure TD passes on what ended up being empty drives.. those two scores would have blown the game wide open. At the same time, Belfry has dropped several wide open TD's this season so you can't really use that as a true measure as it is more the product of a common occurrence rather than an unusual error.

I think most Belfry fans will say JC is the best team it appears this year. Then again.. the Monday before that game I have a feeling you will see everyone insisting the other team is better because both teams relish that underdog role so much HAHA