Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 70 Henry Clay 34 Final
Battle of the unbeaten a easily won by SC
Scott County is legit. Of course, I dont need to tell anyone that.
Scott County got serious after Henry Clay challenged them early.
This game was 21-20 at half it still is shocking it exploded as quick as it did.

But Scott County continues to prove the will not settle for anything less than the ship.
I really believe that Scott Co. is the team to beat this year in 6A. But what do I know, I am just a 5A fan.
im beginning to think the BGR rankings were correct all along....
Gut, I know me and you have had our differences but I am being honest, I like you and I don't mean that in a funny way.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:This game was 21-20 at half it still is shocking it exploded as quick as it did.

But Scott County continues to prove the will not settle for anything less than the ship.

The score was actually 42-20 at the half.
I have heard from multiple now that the score was 21-20 at the half. Now we have a 42-20. Can anyone confirm? Either way, 70-34 is crazy. Scott County can sure put the ball into the endzone.
Scott Co is dang good. It was a close game until Scott busted it open.
rojas Wrote:The score was actually 42-20 at the half.

Yeah sorry.. Since I did the update thread you think I would of out the right score:HitWall:

But didn't Scott score 3 Tds before half in like 5 min
Henry Clay's football field isn't due to have its artificial turf replaced for a few more years, but that date may have to be moved up after all the yardage that was chewed up in Scott County's victory over the Blue Devils Friday night.

In a battle of unbeaten Class 6A district rivals, No. 3 Scott County rolled past No. 21 Henry Clay 70-34 in a game that featured 1,252 yards of offense, including 10 plays that went for more than 40 yards.

Defense was just a rumor.

Scott County's Wing-T attack, with junior quarterback Clay McKee at the controls, was unstoppable.

The Cardinals had three running backs top 100 yards: Keith Guy (176 yards); Kevin Claussen (169 yards, two touchdowns), and Theo Price (135 yards, three TDs).

McKee threw for 157 yards and three TDs, two to Scott Daniel, and ran for another touchdown.

Scott County finished with 696 yards as it won its 16th consecutive game against Lexington competition, and scored 70 on Henry Clay for the second time in a row. (The Cards won 70-7 in the playoffs last year.)

"Our kids love the opportunity to come to Lexington and showcase our program," Coach Jim McKee said.

Scott County's offensive line of Travis Wright, Branson Scott, Austin Fletcher, Chase Daff and Daniel Berry dominated the trenches.

"I love my o-line," Guy said. "Without them, 70 points wouldn't be on the board."

Wright, who plays center, said, "It's kind of hard to run the Wing-T, but we've got good coaches, and we're good blockers, and when you've got good running backs I guess you can get 700 yards and 70 points."

Jim McKee wasn't surprised Henry Clay was able to generate 556 yards. The Devils have a long history of producing big-time playmakers, "and (Elijah) Bell and (D.A.) Jackson are too. They're fast and exceptional."

Bell rushed for 155 yards and three TDs, and also had a 72-yard TD reception. Jackson ran for 154 yards.

Sammy Carter threw for 222 yards and two TDs, and was picked off three times. Austin Black had five catches for 116 yards and a score.

Henry Clay kept up with the Cards for a while. The Devils trailed 21-20 before things fell apart for them.

After Scott County made it 28-20 on Price's 13-yard TD, Henry Clay drove to the Cards' 3-yard line. Jackson was thrown for a 10-yard loss on first down, and Carter's pass to the end zone was intercepted by Tyler Carpenter on second down.

Scott County then scored twice in the last 90 seconds. Claussen broke loose for a 48-yard TD run, and Clay McKee threw a 23-yard TD pass to a wide-open Daniel in the end zone on the last play of the half to make it 42-20.

Henry Clay Coach Sam Simpson said "miscommunication" led to the blown coverage on Daniel.

The Devils closed to within 42-28 early in the third quarter before Scott County got rolling again.

Simpson said he was encouraged to "know we have an offense that can move the football against a good defense. But we have to toughen up and tighten down our own defense.

"We'd like to see (Scott County) again (in the playoffs."

Scott County 70, Henry Clay 34

Scott County 14 28 14 14 —70

Henry Clay 7 13 14  0—34

SC—Theo Price 6 run (Palmer Ward kick). SC—Scott Daniel 9 pass from Clay McKee (Ward kick). HC—Elijah Bell 8 run (Taylor Dunbar kick). SC—Keith Guy 43 pass from McKee (Ward kick). HC—Bell 59 run (Dunbar kick). HC—Bell 56 runs (kick blocked). SC—Theo Price 13 run (Ward kick). SC—Kevin Claussen 48 run (Ward kick). SC—Daniel 23 pass from McKee (Ward kick). HC—Bell 72 pass from Sammy Carter (Colby Barnes pass from Carter). SC—Claussen 6 run (Ward kick). SC—Price 3 run (Ward kick). HC —Austin Black 16 pass from Carter (run failed). SC—McKee 3 run (Ward kick). SC—Eric Abney 1 run (Ward kick).

Records: Scott County 7-0; Henry Clay 6-0
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Yeah sorry.. Since I did the update thread you think I would of out the right score:HitWall:

But didn't Scott score 3 Tds before half in like 5 min

Two TDs in the last 90 seconds of the first half.
No Fayette County public schools can hang with the Cards.