Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone play with Cordia????
:Cheerlead

Basketball in the mountains is alive and well. I believe many of the mountain teams will be very well prepared when it is tipoff time. Good luck to all of the mountain teams. I can't wait!
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:Knott's back up plan for the 14th region. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...VMGcgZk4Qs

What help are you referring to? Knott already has all the talent they need to take the crown again. Just like last year.
Jimmer Wrote:I hate to say this folks but I believe this with all my heart. If most of these kids at Cordia were white kids there would not be that much of an out cry from some people in the region. Of coarse the top schools in the region have had kids transfer in for years. So why is it a big deal now! Some people in Eastern Ky think that it is going to hurt their kids chances when Coach Rhodes brings in these African American kids and any other kids for that matter. In the world that we live in today and things that some of these kids go through on a daily basis is unimagineable. I worked at a boot camp for juvenile boys for 7 years and witnessed first hand some of the struggles of todays youth. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that these are troubled kids either because I only know one of the kids personally. But if a coach or a community can give any kid a better chance to make something out of their lives through sports or education we should salute them instead of take offense. In my short time living in this part of Ky, I have never seen the rush of Div I colleges coming to this area looking for talent until Rhodes came here along with the 22 Feet Academy that was in Breathitt Co for a short time. As a parent of a kid whom is an all around athelete that plays basketball,baseball and football, I love the fact that the coaches are coming into this area for whatever the reasons. This my friends is only going to gain exposure for the other kids in this area who may have never got the chance to be discovered in the first place! So while people are up in arms about Cordia, do like I do. Tell your kid/kids that no matter what, that he or she has to put in the work and I do mean work to make it to where they wanna be or go! Kids in Eastern Ky need to learn the value of work hard in sports and not have everything give to them because of politics or mommy and daddy have a little money! That's unless he whole goals is just to be a local hero. The talent gets tougher people once you get out of the mountains! So the more competions the better our kids get! The more exposure, the better all of our kids chances. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets be honest here. Are there 5 white kids out there who would come to Cordia that are as good as those player?
Confusednicker: I think not. There may not be 5 white players that good....
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:School Name

Perry County Central High School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 55
2013 Score: 55.3
2012 Score: 41.3
Recognition: Priority School
2013 Grad Rate: 77.4
2013 Grad Goal: 79.3

Cordia School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 17
2013 Score: 47.2
2012 Score: 39.6
Recognition: Focus School
2013 Grad Rate: 75.0
2013 Grad Goal: 77.1

Knott County Central High School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 37
2013 Score: 52.2
2012 Score: 54.8
Recognition: Focus School
2013 Grad Rate: 77.3
2013 Grad Goal: 79.2

Hazard High School Proficient/Progressing KY Rank: 78
2013 Score: 60.4
2012 Score: 59.4
Recognition: --
2013 Grad Rate: 83.3
2013 Grad Goal: 84.6

HeGotGame Wrote:Just FYI for whoever was curious about test scores earlier...out of 231 schools

175-Perry County Central

203-Knott County Central

226-Cordia

WOW.
Corbin High School 63.8 88% Proficient (Was in the 94 Percentile Last year)
Whitley County High School 64.7 90% Distinguished/Progressing
Williamsburg High School 62.4 84% Proficient/Progressing
http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/

And yet, this county cant buy one of these recruits Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WOW.
Corbin High School 63.8 88% Proficient (Was in the 94 Percentile Last year)
Whitley County High School 64.7 90% Distinguished/Progressing
Williamsburg High School 62.4 84% Proficient/Progressing
http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/

And yet, this county cant buy one of these recruits Confusednicker:
You guys are spending way too much money on teachers and education! Didn't you know high schools were built to recruit and house basketball teams, not educate kids? Sheesh.
6'7 Justin Jackson from Canada moving to Cordia October 12th and is already ruled eligible. Putting Cordia one step closer towards their goal.
:hilarious:

zonebuster Wrote:What help are you referring to? Knott already has all the talent they need to take the crown again. Just like last year.

If Knott can win the region this year by going 4 deep, then kudos to them. I haven't seen the transfer play, but I am not banking the farm on him. Knott will have serious issues this year with lack of depth.

Forecast: Make it to the first round of the regional, then season is over......
CordiaHS Wrote:6'7 Justin Jackson from Canada moving to Cordia October 12th and is already ruled eligible. Putting Cordia one step closer towards their goal.
is this a joke?
Diogenes Wrote:You guys are spending way too much money on teachers and education! Didn't you know high schools were built to recruit and house basketball teams, not educate kids? Sheesh.

Confusednicker:

Ive tried...
who is coaching cordia and does anyone know heights of players they will have
UKisN1 Wrote:Maybe the transfers will help their tests scores improve.
No doubt they will. Cunningham being recruited by Harvard should tell you that!
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:is this a joke?
No he enrolled yesterday!!
:poker face: How in the world is this kid ruled eligible before moving?
dontknow Wrote:who is coaching cordia and does anyone know heights of players they will have

Happy Mobelini will be coaching them this year. Tallest kid is 5'8" and point guard is 4'6".

:insane:
CordiaHS Wrote:6'7 Justin Jackson from Canada moving to Cordia October 12th and is already ruled eligible. Putting Cordia one step closer towards their goal.
How's that possible? He just transferred to Findlay Prep back in August.
harvey updike Wrote:No doubt they will. Cunningham being recruited by Harvard should tell you that!
Great news!
Herd cordia and Johnson central was trying to work out a game . Would love to see cordia play . And don't be a hater we should be happy that colleges r comeing to the mountains to look At kids .
Since Tyler pack broke the state record field goal they have been more colleges at Johnson central football games then ever in the past so more talk cordia gets is better for all of us .
Omar Keita looks awesome in the highlight tape that I saw. He looks like a top 5 prospect nationwide in the Class of 2018, and he might be the best player in the entire class when it is all said and done.

Rhodes has an impressive pipeline with Hines and Keita both coming from Mississippi. Cordia's only going to get better in the coming years if he continues to keep these strong pipelines going, because there are a really good crop of players coming through the ranks on MBA Hoops.

Sorry about that, he actually reclassified to the Class of 2017, so he is a freshman. Still a top 10 or 15 player in that class though.
All this talk about Cordia. Have they got an anyone who can handle Johnson? Going to be an interesting year. If Cordia don't win the region would you think he has been out coached or just a victim of the one and done.
How tall is keita?
Any eligibility news on Cunningham?
I've read this entire thread. I've never seen Hines play but I have seen Johnson play. He's a great athlete. All I have seen is a commit to Ohio state and wku. Ohio state is a pretty big deal.. Not many people using common sense on here I guess.
Ballers Wrote:How tall is keita?
He's officially listed at 6'9". I think he may be more like 6'8" but either way, he's a monster and he will likely grow another two inches at least.
Ballers Wrote:I've read this entire thread. I've never seen Hines play but I have seen Johnson play. He's a great athlete. All I have seen is a commit to Ohio state and wku. Ohio state is a pretty big deal.. Not many people using common sense on here I guess.

True but Johnson had offers from bigger schools as well. He went to WKU because they have been after him since day one and made him the top priority. Also Justin will play as soon as he steps on campus. I dont believe Malik will play at Ohio State at least till his second or third year.
Very impressed by the video. I didn't know who this Cunningham was until today. I've watched him play many times for Henry clay. He's an animal.. Wish he would have brought Jordan Greene with him.
dore20 Wrote:True but Johnson had offers from bigger schools as well. He went to WKU because they have been after him since day one and made him the top priority. Also Justin will play as soon as he steps on campus. I dont believe Malik will play at Ohio State at least till his second or third year.

True you are also. I'm sure you know what I'm saying though. The buckeyes are a legit college. Wku is a powder puff college compared to them is what I meant. Either way they are d1 players now.. Which is awesome.
Colley9288 Wrote:He's officially listed at 6'9". I think he may be more like 6'8" but either way, he's a monster and he will likely grow another two inches at least.

Monster of a freshman.
Knott can beat them
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/183....38_AM.png "Mother of God,Rodrick.What have you built?"