Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SK 55 - Campbell County 35. FINAL
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:For the last time...barker is a much better "QB" than kuntz. Understand this, kuntz is an incredible high school football player. God luck in the future without him SK.

He's a frame of a good player. With a better coach and better surrounding support cast yes he probably could be better but IN HIGH SCHOOL THIS SEASON Kuntz and Holliston are better QBs which is what I am saying.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:No, you don't know what your talking about. I know his parents very well, I know the other parties involved, very well. I not know what SK's coaching staff knows, but I'm sure the school officials were told. Ask yourself this, how can a kid transfer schools and the parents not move. Let it go ukfan, I was just pointing out, don't say what this kid is going through is BS, because it's far from BS. If the other parties involved would read that, would be very disrespectful and hurtful to them.

Mr. Clueless I was talking about your comment about Barker being a better qb Kuntz is the best. Why a kid transferred is not my business or anyone else!
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:For the last time...barker is a much better "QB" than kuntz. Understand this, kuntz is an incredible high school football player. God luck in the future without him SK.

:Shaking:You are a very depressing individual. Please don't reproduce and if your dog wants to run away from home, I'll take it in.

Barker is realizing you can "self promote" yourself all you want. Go to every nike/espn camp and get your nose as brown as you want it. I've seen it first hand. But in the end you have to line up and play football. Had 7 friends contact me after watching Thursdays Conner/Cooper game saying "I really hope Barker is better than what I'm seeing." Just had to laugh.

As far as Richardson goes, it's none of your business, why bring it up? It amazes me that "other" site gave you the boot. Will be counting the days till your outta here cause there's a lot of decent people who post here. SK will live on after Kuntz. Will they be as good as this year next year? Probably not, but the cupboard isin't bare by any means. Have a nice day.
4 very good 6A teams in NK.
E's Army Wrote:4 very good 6A teams in NK.

4?
E's Army Wrote:4 very good 6A teams in NK.

More like 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Just got caught up on this thread.

Let me ask you 6A fans a question or two.
Could the East with Scott County, SK, etc be stronger overall than the west with Trinity, St. X, etc?

Could SK play with Scott County, and if so are both teams considered equal to a down Trinity team this year? I dont like the whole you gotta beat them to be them mentality. Teams that dont usually lose always lose at some point. Is there a strong possibility we could see someone else bring home the title this year?
hop24 Wrote::Shaking:You are a very depressing individual. Please don't reproduce and if your dog wants to run away from home, I'll take it in.

Barker is realizing you can "self promote" yourself all you want. Go to every nike/espn camp and get your nose as brown as you want it. I've seen it first hand. But in the end you have to line up and play football. Had 7 friends contact me after watching Thursdays Conner/Cooper game saying "I really hope Barker is better than what I'm seeing." Just had to laugh.

As far as Richardson goes, it's none of your business, why bring it up? It amazes me that "other" site gave you the boot. Will be counting the days till your outta here cause there's a lot of decent people who post here. SK will live on after Kuntz. Will they be as good as this year next year? Probably not, but the cupboard isin't bare by any means. Have a nice day.

Give me an honest answer on this one. Is Kuntz a better QB than Barker and will Barker have major problems in Division 1 football? Seems now that his weapons are gone, hes really struggling under pressure from other teams after knowing what he can do.
Why hasnt Kuntz had more publicity? Any idea on where he'll end up?

Highlights from Friday's game...
UK1fan Wrote:Mr. Clueless I was talking about your comment about Barker being a better qb Kuntz is the best. Why a kid transferred is not my business or anyone else!

Clueless? You should be a smarter person and use a quote. Maybe your hotdog fingers misclicked, idk..... When you reply after other posts, who knows wth your referring to. :HitWall:

Sorry, barker is a better QB kuntz is the 2nd best QB in the area.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give me an honest answer on this one. Is Kuntz a better QB than Barker and will Barker have major problems in Division 1 football? Seems now that his weapons are gone, hes really struggling under pressure from other teams after knowing what he can do.

No disrespect intended, but you ppl have no idea about college talent. Barker is a div 1 talent, kuntz is not. Kuntz would be a very good div 3 or 2 prospect. Houliston is div 3 at best. Being a great high school football player doesn't mean you can play college football with the big boys. The only real div 1 prospect on SK is Powell, maybe...and I stress maybe. I should include #45 also, seeing how he's only a junior.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:No disrespect intended, but you ppl have no idea about college talent. Barker is a div 1 talent, kuntz is not. Kuntz would be a very good div 3 or 2 prospect. Houliston is div 3 at best. Being a great high school football player doesn't mean you can play college football with the big boys. The only real div 1 prospect on SK is Powell, maybe...and I stress maybe. I should include #45 also, seeing how he's only a junior.

Where did you get your degree on evaluating talent? Just supposed to say ok this guy says he's better? Seems like every game know the opposing coach has said the same statement. Kuntz is the best QB we have faced this year including Pike, I mean Barker,Confusednicker:. What in the heck would a coach know though. I mean your smarter than all them correct? Heck your prolly an NFL scout with nothing better to do.:hilarious: Drew has reached his ceiling. All those incomplete passes he's throwing against high school kids translate to picks in the SEC. Didn't you learn anything when Pike's daddy got him into all the big camps all over they country and he fell flat on his face. Kuntz has a ton more upside, better athlete, just turned 17, still growing and has a chance to break Tim Couch's % record for a season. All without rah-rah BS.:eyeroll:
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:No disrespect intended, but you ppl have no idea about college talent. Barker is a div 1 talent, kuntz is not. Kuntz would be a very good div 3 or 2 prospect. Houliston is div 3 at best. Being a great high school football player doesn't mean you can play college football with the big boys. The only real div 1 prospect on SK is Powell, maybe...and I stress maybe. I should include #45 also, seeing how he's only a junior.

You people? I hope to God you are not a coach cause your pathetic!
Barker'a ceiling can't be determined till this spring when he will be at UK spring ball. Barker is a frame with a an arm and decent speed as was Pike. Pike wasn't wble to reach his potential do to extra curricular activities.

Barker should be decent at the next level he has a good throwing motion and a high iQ but the biggest thing will be he will be throwing the ball to fellow D-1 prospects and not NAIA or D3 prospects (sorry for the bruteness Conner fans.

Kuntz is easily looking like a D-1 FCS prospect. High IQ good arm and good desicion making. Kuntz is equipped with a good Coach with great offensive schemes. Whether Kuntz will pick up FBS offers will be determined if SK can stay undefeated or lose one game without it being on him. SK makes it to state or beats Trinity, St X or Scott County. He might get smaller FBS looks.

November will determine a lot for Kuntz.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Barker'a ceiling can't be determined till this spring when he will be at UK spring ball. Barker is a frame with a an arm and decent speed as was Pike. Pike wasn't wble to reach his potential do to extra curricular activities.

Barker should be decent at the next level he has a good throwing motion and a high iQ but the biggest thing will be he will be throwing the ball to fellow D-1 prospects and not NAIA or D3 prospects (sorry for the bruteness Conner fans.

Kuntz is easily looking like a D-1 FCS prospect. High IQ good arm and good desicion making. Kuntz is equipped with a good Coach with great offensive schemes. Whether Kuntz will pick up FBS offers will be determined if SK can stay undefeated or lose one game without it being on him. SK makes it to state or beats Trinity, St X or Scott County. He might get smaller FBS looks.

November will determine a lot for Kuntz.

Fair enough assesment. The kid didn't go on a letter writing campaign when he was a freshman telling everyone how good he was. Not his personality to bring that kind of attention to himself. If you can't make all the super camps to get your credibility your gotta kick the door in to crash the party. BTW BK has never had an unsportsmanlike penalty called against him. Drew got one FROM THE SIDELINE when they played SK. Kinda unbecoming as your QB. IMO
Barker almost received one vs Ryle as well. When the pressure was on he also got into it with his HC about play choice.
I did hear from a Conner coach that it was discussed and Barker has matured a little but only time will tell as the season goes on. Maturity ended up being Pike's downfall hopefully it is not Barker's.

I'd like to see him turn out good and represent NKY well. I would hope to hear "Barker to Bones" on ESPN in a few years but like I said Spring Ball will Determine a lot for him.

Patrick Towles is still at UK and he was supposed to be UK's "QB of the Future" so after coming off a redshirt-soph season I would expect the battle to be between Barker and Towles. Towles will also have 2 years of college coaching under his belt to those that believe the reports that Stoops wants Barker as his 4-year Starter.
I don't see Maxwell Smith or Whitlow doing anything special in the Air Raid Offense this season or next.

Like I said Kuntz could be a hot commodity in NOV. He is a D-1 size QB not exceptional size but the size a small FBS school would like. Toledo, Miami Ohio, Western KY, Memphis, I believe schools like that could take interest with the numbers he's putting up and the success of SK this season. His game could easily translate to the next level.
He seems pretty quick too does anyone know his 40 time and some workout figures.
hop24 Wrote::Shaking:You are a very depressing individual. Please don't reproduce and if your dog wants to run away from home, I'll take it in.

Hmmm, nice job throwing the kid under the bus. Sounds like I hurt your fellings hop. I didn't bring it up you dumbarse, I commented on someone's idiotic statement that what the cc transfer was going through is BS. Was far from the truth and insensitive to the other parties involved. Shows the ignorance of most the SK posters.

Like I said, kuntz is a great high school football player, but as far as being the best QB, barker is better. I seem to remember before kuntz's junior year, some of the SK fans didn't want the kid to play, they felt he was bad. Shows how much his own fans knew.

If the QBs were switched, SK would have beaten Conner 55-7, instead of 35-28. Lets not forget, one of those tds was a KO return by Powell with 15 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.
UK1fan Wrote:You people? I hope to God you are not a coach cause your pathetic!

Well, I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Hop and UK, I'm starting to think you guys grew up in ft Thomas.......
^ just started a thread with all the number comparisions
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Hmmm, nice job throwing the kid under the bus. Sounds like I hurt your fellings hop. I didn't bring it up you dumbarse, I commented on someone's idiotic statement that what the cc transfer was going through is BS. Was far from the truth and insensitive to the other parties involved. Shows the ignorance of most the SK posters.

Like I said, kuntz is a great high school football player, but as far as being the best QB, barker is better. I seem to remember before kuntz's junior year, some of the SK fans didn't want the kid to play, they felt he was bad. Shows how much his own fans knew.

If the QBs were switched, SK would have beaten Conner 55-7, instead of 35-28. Lets not forget, one of those tds was a KO return by Powell with 15 seconds left in the 2nd quarter.

Don't need to throw the kid under the bus, his attitude is doing a fine job on it's own. Name calling? I'm above the internet tough guy stage... Lots mistakes and IFS in your post, must be using hand grenades.:biggrin: The score was 42-35.... Kickoff returns are part of the game and they do count so deal with it. Powell ran his kickoff back with 13 seconds left and then the golden boy got an unsportsmanlike penalty FROM THE BENCH FOR RUNNING HIS MOUTH. What would Trent Dilfer think? :eyeroll:That's the kind of leader I want running my team.If he can't handle SK beating him Everyone in the SEC gonna love stepping on that doormat. When Kuntz took over as the signal caller his sophmore year he was 15 years and 1 month old. Just think he could easily be a Junior this season. All you and I need to know is the cream always rises to the top. In 2 years Spurrier and Jones will breathe a sigh of relief.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Well, I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Almost cute. Prolly took hours to figure out that pun. Nope, off again, born raised in Independence. Anything else?
TNT-MB1 Wrote:^ just started a thread with all the number comparisions

And a fine thread it is TNT.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Well, I'm rubber and your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Born and raised in Independence! I threw up in Fort Thomas a few times. Big Grin
Forgot to compliment the CC administration for building such a fine stadium. Easily the best in NKY. Heard parking was bad but I always try to be one of the first to arrive and the last to leave so that never bothers me. Sure they will figure something out to improve parking. Had to be my favorite trip to play the camels cause we took the PA announcer out of the game early on. That guy can drive you bonkers! Think next year SK will put UK1FAN in the booth for the Camel faithful!
It's just so easy Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give me an honest answer on this one. Is Kuntz a better QB than Barker and will Barker have major problems in Division 1 football? Seems now that his weapons are gone, hes really struggling under pressure from other teams after knowing what he can do.

Not sure anyone has answered your ?s after the love fest that followed Gut Confusednicker:.

I'll know more after I see SK play Dixie and Kuntz faces the best d secondary he's encountered until then. Here's what I do know.

They're both very good quarterbacks and to pick one over the other is probably doing them both an injustice. I will say this much. Barker is heading to UK who until last week couldn't determine who their QB was going to be. And not as much as a fart has been heard out of Towles. Kentucky's indecision is going to hurt Barker. He would be lucky to see playing time by his junior year. He'll need that much time to get stronger, faster, and more wise to the schemes of SEC football.

Kuntz will continue to generate division 1 interest and his family will see to it the school he chooses is a good fit. I think Kuntz has the upper hand based on the choices ahead.

I feel bad for Barker. A great honor to be recruited by a div 1 school in the SEC. The problem is, the current staff, doesn't know how to id which QB fits their system since it's ever so slowly evolving!

Kuntz didn't actively travel the football camp circuit as early as Barker did. Barker gained early exposure at the camps and began networking. This is why Kuntz doesn't have the publicity Barker does.

I think Kuntz is good enough to play well at a mid major level. He to is only going to get stronger and faster. He'll have choices between starting more quickly at div 2 and 1-AA schools and playing 3-4 years, or being more patient and playing div 1 for 2-3 years based on the fit and QBs with seniority.

For the above reasons I give the edge to Kuntz. Ideally six years from now both of these very good QBs can look back at their college careers without regret, receive good educations, earn their degrees, and enjoy the journey!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
You guys are getting dissed by a Freshman football coach. Amazing!