Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone play with Cordia????
Cordia is going to surprise a bunch of people. Watch out this year.
What no one understands is... Cordia isn't playing for a regional championship. They're going for a STATE championship and there's not a doubt in my mind that if the players come together, nothing will stop them.
wildcat12 Wrote:I feel bad for the players that have lived and played in Cordia their whole lives. No way will they see the floor now.

I would love sitting on the bench with this team and if cordia makes it to the state.I will be proud to wear a cordia shirt at the state tourney :bball:
^Wearing a bought T-shirt. Watching bought players....LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
wildcat12 Wrote:I feel bad for the players that have lived and played in Cordia their whole lives. No way will they see the floor now.

Even before Rhodes came to Cordia, they would often have to pull kids from Perry County and other places because of the low numbers. So, its not like there are hundreds of kids from Cordia that are getting knocked out of playing.

Coaches Honeycutt and Combs put some very good teams on the floor with kids that were not "native Lotts Creekers".(Shockingly, they did have basketball at Cordia prior to 3 years ago) These kids are just a little farther away from the creek. I don't necessarily agree with it, either, but Hazard, KCC and PCC, among others, have made a practice of giving people jobs to bring their kids in or some other sort of perk. So, its not like Rhodes invented it. He just has much better contacts. If those other 3 schools had the access, they would be doing the same.
Just FYI for whoever was curious about test scores earlier...out of 231 schools

175-Perry County Central

203-Knott County Central

226-Cordia
HeGotGame Wrote:Just FYI for whoever was curious about test scores earlier...out of 231 schools

175-Perry County Central

203-Knott County Central

226-Cordia
School Name

Perry County Central High School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 55
2013 Score: 55.3
2012 Score: 41.3
Recognition: Priority School
2013 Grad Rate: 77.4
2013 Grad Goal: 79.3

Cordia School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 17
2013 Score: 47.2
2012 Score: 39.6
Recognition: Focus School
2013 Grad Rate: 75.0
2013 Grad Goal: 77.1

Knott County Central High School Needs Improvement KY Rank: 37
2013 Score: 52.2
2012 Score: 54.8
Recognition: Focus School
2013 Grad Rate: 77.3
2013 Grad Goal: 79.2

Hazard High School Proficient/Progressing KY Rank: 78
2013 Score: 60.4
2012 Score: 59.4
Recognition: --
2013 Grad Rate: 83.3
2013 Grad Goal: 84.6
Cordia will be geared up and ready to go if those players are eligible.If they develop a team oriented mind,they will be dangerous.They weren't extremely deep last year but this year is totally different.Take a ride over to that way and you can see for yourself.Not a fan recruiting,but every other school in the region has done it at some point.That's just the truth.
The Regions at Perry you could not beat them last year at Perry and with the 2 new guys you will not beat them this year there no matter what happen in the regular season or what anyone says its Perry to lose if they can get out of the district tournament at Hazard, Cordia may beat them the last game of the year and they may lose twice to Knott County but come March if they are in the regional tournament Perry will be the team to beat. Fair Warning!
I give props to Tobler and the gang.They will be a challenge in that region this year.Tobler is a beast and fun to watch.I wouldn't take Cordia for granted this year,alot of depth on the bench this year.
Knott's back up plan for the 14th region. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...VMGcgZk4Qs
I just saw eight players in the summer.
Who is actually starting and who are the top reserves?
Do none of the Cordia fans actually know?
ballboy Wrote:The Regions at Perry you could not beat them last year at Perry and with the 2 new guys you will not beat them this year there no matter what happen in the regular season or what anyone says its Perry to lose if they can get out of the district tournament at Hazard, Cordia may beat them the last game of the year and they may lose twice to Knott County but come March if they are in the regional tournament Perry will be the team to beat. Fair Warning!

You mean like last year?
Perry will be at the top with three other teams.KCC is the team to beat until proven otherwise.The bench will be decent.Justice looked good in the summer and the transfer is a great shooter.Justice will have to run point this year I assume.Cordia and Hazard will be right there too.Good luck and can't wait.
Mix1 Wrote:Keep thinking that,, sure it makes you feel all cozy n warm inside and brings out your knowledge. Nobody is crying,, just stating the obvious.

Mix1...

NOBODY IS CRYING !!!!!!!!!! Everybody on here is so jealous it is funny!!!!!!
HDE Wrote:I just saw eight players in the summer.
Who is actually starting and who are the top reserves?
Do none of the Cordia fans actually know?

I believe it is the rest of the region just guessing who they will have.
Like last year No one beat Perry at Perry on the road they were a different team, Perry is 10 -15 points better at Home then on the Road, They will be a hard out at Home I take them at Home if they can get out of the district at Hazard.
:pondering: What if every school had an Alice????
Powell County is hosting region not Perry Central..
Actually it is suppose to be Perry as they are next on the rotation after Letcher Central. Then it is Powell. Perry hosted the tourney in 2008 and Powell in 2009.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually it is suppose to be Perry as they are next on the rotation after Letcher Central. Then it is Powell. Perry hosted the tourney in 2008 and Powell in 2009.

According to the 2013/14 basketball schedule for Estill County (Boys) on the school's website they have it listed as Powell.
Nvm, I just seen that Estill has updated their schedule on the schools website.
:lmao:
Heisenberg Effect Wrote:Knott's back up plan for the 14th region. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...VMGcgZk4Qs
Does Cordia have any players that are actually from Lotts Creek??
Yes kygurl FYI they all live there on the creek so that makes them from there. Another tidbit for you they have as many players from lotts creek as they ever have. Statement like this crack me up no one seemed to care how many implants Cordia had when they weren't worth a shit. I would say on average Cordia has never had more than 1 or 2 players from the creek that have ever been there. The year before R.R came there they only had 1 player from lotts creek all the rest were from perry co no body seemed to mind then. If RR had not come to Cordia , honestly I don't know if they would have enough kids to have a team. Now all of a sudden people FEEL SOO SORRY for all the "local" kids that are left out well news flash the local kids have always been left out because there are no local kids but it has never been an issue until the kidsthat are here now can play so save your humanitarium efforts for someone who gives a damn. Everybody seems be soo concerned for the people of lotts creek except the people that matter the people from lotts creek. I speak for a overwhelming majority of the creekers and they are just happy to be at the top of the food chain for once, but thanks for everyone's concern.
Can anyone play with Cordia???

Lets wait until the rulings to answer that question. The real question should be "Can anyone beat Knott??" They're the back to back champs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Buford T Justice Wrote:Yes kygurl FYI they all live there on the creek so that makes them from there. Another tidbit for you they have as many players from lotts creek as they ever have. Statement like this crack me up no one seemed to care how many implants Cordia had when they weren't worth a shit. I would say on average Cordia has never had more than 1 or 2 players from the creek that have ever been there. The year before R.R came there they only had 1 player from lotts creek all the rest were from perry co no body seemed to mind then. If RR had not come to Cordia , honestly I don't know if they would have enough kids to have a team. Now all of a sudden people FEEL SOO SORRY for all the "local" kids that are left out well news flash the local kids have always been left out because there are no local kids but it has never been an issue until the kidsthat are here now can play so save your humanitarium efforts for someone who gives a damn. Everybody seems be soo concerned for the people of lotts creek except the people that matter the people from lotts creek. I speak for a overwhelming majority of the creekers and they are just happy to be at the top of the food chain for once, but thanks for everyone's concern.

1. No...?

2. Language...

3. I Cordia's in Knott County, but I mean, Hazard is in your address. Not like Perry County was far away. Based on geography, Cordia's closer to the majority population of Perry than Knott, on top of Perry having a greater population. So that point's invalid.

4. They had a team before him and will have one after.

5....Language....

6. Might have a point there.

7. Slow your roll, haven't played a game yet. Sure would stink to eat your words...
[Image: http://cdn.meme.li/i/ktdyd.jpg] Help is on the way."This will be better than the Gingerbread Festival and the trail ride,long been anticipating their arrival." per local Hindman citizen
Downtown10 Wrote::pondering: What if every school had an Alice????

or a punkin. or a gorman. or a king. the list goes on.
:happysmile:

I heard two of them are going through customs at City Hall today. The Mormon Mafia has hit. It's my understanding that the head coach from Winnipeg University will be at the complex to watch these boys work out. It's on now.