Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone play with Cordia????
I seen Hines play and seen highlight footage. Justin Johnson is the best player in this region and Cam Justice second, I would put Hines 3rd. Come on creekers get out of Lotts creek more!
1-3-1-press Wrote:I seen Hines play and seen highlight footage. Justin Johnson is the best player in this region and Cam Justice second, I would put Hines 3rd. Come on creekers get out of Lotts creek more!

Me too and I agree.

Except flip Johnson and justice
Hold up on that car wash gentlemen maybe 1 3 1 press and stlcardsfan should be working for some of these major colleges in their recruiting dept. but obviously the way they judge talent they would be out of a job pretty quick but I guarantee that perry co and knott co players would be set up good with scholarships at least until they got fired. By the way 1-3-1 press for your info it is not the creekers that need to get out maybe you need to call LSU,UK,Ohio st and Louisville and tell them that ha ha ha what a joke you are.
The_Rock Wrote:Knott was better than anyone in the region last year, didn't need any help from
the refs. Cordia ain't beat nobody yet. Half them jokers won't even be eligible.
Jokers? Come on man you don't even know these kids.
With Cordia's new recruits and the players who are already in the region Johnson isn't even top 5 in this region. In all honesty he's only the second best player on his team right now.
Johnson and Justice and Beverly were a whole lot better than anyone Cordia had in the summer.
You knows its the best team money can buy when i cant even pronounce over half the teams foreign names.
HDE I will leave it at this if they were all better then where are all these major colleges coming to see them. These kids are good players but they are not high d1 players Malik Hines is he is 6'10" can shoot the 3, handle the ball and take you off the bounce. Johnson is only about 6'5" can't handle the ball or shoot the three he can jump I will give him that but at the next level he won't be able to play under the goal like he does in high school. Justice is a shooter only he can't handle the ball good enough or create his own shot if the new kid knott got in this year is not a good ball handler justice will not have as good of a season as he did last year. Beverly is simply not big or quick enough. Everyone is forgetting about christan Cunningham he is a better all around player than any of those three. Btw he already has several offers of his own.
1-3-1-press Wrote:I seen Hines play and seen highlight footage. Justin Johnson is the best player in this region and Cam Justice second, I would put Hines 3rd. Come on creekers get out of Lotts creek more!

lol more like Hines first cunningham second and johnson and justice fighting for 3rd and 4th. Ball season will show all. I honestly haven't seen a team with 7 players that dunk with ease. And three of them being your guards.
I think some of you are getting confused about potential and performance.
I'm sure they think they have the potential to be very good college players. I know what I saw though, and that was Cordia getting run off the court at the AAU competition. Johnson was a much, much more polished player than anyone Cordia had. The same was true for Beverly compared to the Cordia guards.
Perhaps the Cordia guys (the new transfers) have not had very good coaching to this point and weren't very disciplined either. I'm sure the college coaches will look more at what kind of players they can become.
Sometimes coaching becomes a factor in winning big ball games. I'm just saying, ask Coach Cal next time he is on the creek. Big Grin
KHSAA12 Wrote:lol more like Hines first cunningham second and johnson and justice fighting for 3rd and 4th. Ball season will show all. I honestly haven't seen a team with 7 players that dunk with ease. And three of them being your guards.

I've watched Cunningham for the past 4 years, I know what type of player he is. I watched him in his little time at Scott Co and the past 2 at HC. I would take Justice over Cunningham anyday. Since we have D1 recruiters on the site, let see who is D1 plyer at the end of the college careers.
unbiasedopinions Wrote:Does anyone find it strange that 7 d-1 players all end up at Cordia?
I guess not.

I think it is wonderful. After all the recruiting that the "better placed" teams with the KHSAA get by with, it is good to see a small school work in similar manner. Watch to see who whines the loudest. That will likely be the school that has gotten by with the most through the years.
Collective talent is a start. Coaching and chemistry must be a part of the equation. Time will tell.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Me too and I agree.

Except flip Johnson and justice
UK coaching staff must not agree with you. Antigua and Robbick watched Hines Friday added him to A short watch list and said Calipari would be to watch him as soon as his schedule allowed. Thad Motta will be up on Lotts Creek this week. The kid must be pretty good. Opinions are just that and everybody has more than one.
1-3-1-press Wrote:I've watched Cunningham for the past 4 years, I know what type of player he is. I watched him in his little time at Scott Co and the past 2 at HC. I would take Justice over Cunningham anyday. Since we have D1 recruiters on the site, let see who is D1 plyer at the end of the college careers.

Both kids are great. I just think Cunningham can do more for a team then just score, which is all Justice does. And as far as Malik and Johnson goes ill take 6'11 265 with athletic abilities over 6'6 225 anyday. Time will tell. Most people think they seen Cordia in Summer ball and have no idea that wasnt even 1/4 of the team. Frtiz was in Canada half the summer working out with a back to back NBA champion, frimpong was gone, Oumar wasn't here, cathchings, Ortiz, etc ,etc. NO ONE has seen this team besides community and the D-1 coaches that come watch them.
Eight players were there. You have 32 players now?
Who is on the varsity?
East Ridge just reopened the check-book this summer and will challenge anything the 14th has to offer. Don't be planning on cuttin any nets just yet! :popcorn:
Knotts new player is more than capable of running a team. Was Bath's best player,, shot around 50% from three. If anything they'll be better than last year. Still a short bench but foul trouble was never a problem last year,, shouldn't be this year.

Mix1...
Big Don Wrote:East Ridge just reopened the check-book this summer and will challenge anything the 14th has to offer. Don't be planning on cuttin any nets just yet! :popcorn:

Uh,, what's east ridge have anything to do with the 14th?

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Knotts new player is more than capable of running a team. Was Bath's best player,, shot around 50% from three. If anything they'll be better than last year. Still a short bench but foul trouble was never a problem last year,, shouldn't be this year.

Mix1...

Of course they weren't in foul trouble, the assigning secretary is from KNott County, do you think the refs are stupid! Gimme a break, they wouldn't get them in foul trouble if they came out with boxing gloves. :biglmao:
Heston has two more players that just showed up at PCC today. One is 7'0 - 300 from Germany and the other is 6'9 - 245 from Miami, Florida. The kid from Miami is top 50 in 2016 class. The kid from Germany will go back to play Overseas next year.
The_Rock Wrote:Heston has two more players that just showed up at PCC today. One is 7'0 - 300 from Germany and the other is 6'9 - 245 from Miami, Florida. The kid from Miami is top 50 in 2016 class. The kid from Germany will go back to play Overseas next year.

:lmao:
Great recruiting budget in an economically depressed area??
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Great recruiting budget in an economically depressed area??
So we need to sit around and cry about it. Do what I done and go buy you some solar panels then coal will not have to keep your lights on. I guess all the kids who transfers in parents get jobs with the coal companies. NOT that happened back in the day. Now they get jobs in the school systems Hazard ARH or in one of the lawyers offices. I doubt very seriously A Black man from New York knows how to run A roof bolter or A continuous miner !! LOL
After reading this thread I have come to some conclusions:

1.) Cam Justice, braxton Beverly, and Justin Johnson aren't good enough to ride the pine at Riverside.
2.) Cordia will when the NBA title this season.
3.) If your screen name is anything other than harvey updike or Buford T. Justice, then your basketball IQ is equivalent to Obama's ability to run this country.
Rock - any name on the kid from Miami? If this is the case, PCC will be impossible to beat.
Seriously,, some on here have the IQ of a Kentucky basketball ranking.

Mix1...
Alright. I have to step in on this deal w/ Hines. Hines is a very nice step out 4 that's shoots it pretty good. He is NOT the best player in the state, not even close. I watch him and Johnson go at it this summer at KBA. Hines is not very athletic, doesn't have a great motor and is a little bit soft on the post. Since you know so much about him Harvey then you should b able to get score sheet from that game. I know Cordia will b better than they were at KBA but if I recall the score was PCC up about 24 w/ 2mins left n game. The player that will help Cordia most is Cunningham. You will see that he is the best player on this team and is a kid already from KY. Let's see how close I am about Jan.
Lol, I hear that Heston guy can really get it done when it comes to recruiting. Is he Bender's brother or something?