Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Pulaski County
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:They read it in just about every post in this thread. Don't think anyone has said Russell County will win.
You would wrong. I said in my previous comment that RC will pull it out in the end. I know PC tough and it will be a hard fought game but I guarantee RC will move the ball! Looking forward to this battle!
Big Brown Wrote:You would wrong. I said in my previous comment that RC will pull it out in the end. I know PC tough and it will be a hard fought game but I guarantee RC will move the ball! Looking forward to this battle!

Sorry, misinterpreted your last sentence where you said that it depends if Pulaski can stop the run. Thought you were saying if Pulaski could stop the run then Russell would not win. Thought that statement was a disclaimer!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Pulaski will be prepared, just stating facts. I'm sure Russell County will have plenty of rushing yards, but to say you lose ONLY those 3 players was pretty much a slap in their faces. Those 3 made up a huge chunk of Russell County's offense last year and it will be a huge challenge for the Lakers to replace ONLY the QB, RB and kicker. Rest assured PC knows what they are getting into. The question is, do the Lakers know what's coming Friday?

If they get on bluegrass rivals then they would think they are coming to play a young Peyton Manning and the Chicago Bear's defense.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Sorry, misinterpreted your last sentence where you said that it depends if Pulaski can stop the run. Thought you were saying if Pulaski could stop the run then Russell would not win. Thought that statement was a disclaimer!
Totally understand. It does read weird. However I do feel RC will win! Not taking anything from PC, I have not seen them play but their stats are very impressive.
Wheres laker20 been?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wheres laker20 been?

I agree where has laker20 been. Always has good commits.
We all wondered who he was last year. All I can figure is that maybe his connection to the team was with one of last year's seniors. I miss him though! He always had thought out comments and you could tell he knows the game of football.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Pulaski will be prepared, just stating facts. I'm sure Russell County will have plenty of rushing yards, but to say you lose ONLY those 3 players was pretty much a SLAP IN THIER faces. Those 3 made up a huge chunk of Russell County's offense last year and it will be a huge challenge for the Lakers to replace ONLY the QB, RB and kicker. Rest assured PC knows what they are getting into. The question is, do the Lakers know what's coming Friday?

It is also a slap in the face to the current Lakers to indicate that last years success was solely (excuse me 95%) due to three players. Those three are in college ball now and are great young men and wonderful players. However the good senior class of last year was only a part of a great TEAM. Watch the film: many of the plays made last year (especially on defense) were made by young men still on the Lakers squad! The Lakers are anxious to prove that they are still a team to be reckoned with. Friday Night they get that chance!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Wow! You maroons don't have anything to worry about! We will be lucky to score against such a powerhouse defense! Try not to embarrass us too bad! I hope Ellis, Fletcher and the rest of the guys that made up that measly 5% can somehow make it a game. I hope you can pick up on sarcasm because I am laying it on pretty thick!! Ask your coach what is coming to town Friday, he is a good coach I guarantee you he knows! You better be prepared for a war

Even though you're being sarcastic, the statement in bold is more accurate than what you obviously think. Pulaski's defense hasn't even allowed 100 total rushing yards on the season yet! The only question mark for the Maroons will be Mason Helton as he is a key part of the offense and the defense.

I will be shocked if Russell Co is able to keep this game within 3 TDs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Even though you're being sarcastic, the statement in bold is more accurate than what you obviously think. Pulaski's defense hasn't even allowed 100 total rushing yards on the season yet! The only question mark for the Maroons will be Mason Helton as he is a key part of the offense and the defense.

I asked this before and no one would answer: What happened to Mason?
Walt Longmire Wrote:I asked this before and no one would answer: What happened to Mason?

He hurt his knee Friday. I was told that he went to get an MRI as there is a small chance he may have done something to his ACL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He hurt his knee Friday. I was told that he went to get an MRI as there is a small chance he may have done something to his ACL.

Hope he's okay. He's a really nice player.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He hurt his knee Friday. I was told that he went to get an MRI as there is a small chance he may have done something to his ACL.

From what i heard, there's a greater chance that the injury is serious then not...

Not heard anything for certain, although something should be known?

I had heard some buzz that people (DRs) were assuming it to be a torn ACL Hope I'm wrong...
KarnivalKat Wrote:From what i heard, there's a greater chance that the injury is serious then not...

Not heard anything for certain, although something should be known?

I had heard some buzz that people (DRs) were assuming it to be a torn ACL Hope I'm wrong...

I hope it's not that bad but, I guess we'll know by Friday, if not sooner. That would be a huge loss to both sides of the ball. So hopefully the MRI comes back negative!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure Helton will be held out if this week's game. Let's hope it's not as serious as first thought. That is a huge blow to PC!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Even though you're being sarcastic, the statement in bold is more accurate than what you obviously think. Pulaski's defense hasn't even allowed 100 total rushing yards on the season yet! The only question mark for the Maroons will be Mason Helton as he is a key part of the offense and the defense.

I hope Helton is ok. I was impressed with his play against Somerset.
Guess you are going to have to be shocked.
Personally I will be shocked if Pulaski scores more than 3 TD's.

From the numerous posts, it seems like a lot of people think PC will run away with this game. Only the Laker faithful stand alone in their die hard faith in these boys. I believe it will be interesting for a lot of people. Better not miss this game!!!!!
Russell County 34 Pulaski 13
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I hope Helton is ok. I was impressed with his play against Somerset.
Guess you are going to have to be shocked.
Personally I will be shocked if Pulaski scores more than 3 TD's.
Russell County is a nice team, but lets put it into perspective.
They have beaten Casey who is 0-3 Pulaski freshmen beat Casey varsity minus 5 seniors Monday 28-7
Taylor county who is 2-1 wins against Casey and Campbellisville
Campbellisville 0-3 :pondering:
Russell county hasn't played any good teams yet, but they are 4real and will give Pulaski there best test yet, and will have a couple hundred yards rushing against the big bad maroon defense, garuntee over 200 yards on the ground. Don't know if Russell county can win, but Pulaski will know they have been in a dogfight ,know more than 10 pts either way in my opinion.
meat loaf Wrote:Russell County is a nice team, but lets put it into perspective.
They have beaten Casey who is 0-3 Pulaski freshmen beat Casey varsity minus 5 seniors Monday 28-7
Taylor county who is 2-1 wins against Casey and Campbellisville
Campbellisville 0-3 :pondering:

And oh WOW, Pulaski has beat teams 1-2, 1-2, and 0-3. IMPRESSIVE!!!! Although admitting theoretically these teams are better competition than Russell's but they have drastically underachieved or were overrated to start with! Your point is meaningless.
A little more perspective
Russell County's Defense is virtually the same defense that held Boyle to 14 points in its playoffs game last year. When all is said and done this year's defense may prove even stronger. No one on here has said that we have had ANY kind of challenge thus far. But if anyone thinks that the Lakers are coming in overconfident from our three blowouts or that somehow we will be overwhelmed by Pulaski's talent you are mistaken. This group of Seniors have played PC every year in some way since they were 7th graders. They lost a varsity game as freshmen when only a few saw any time. Otherwise these Lakers are used to winning hard hitting, well played games against the maroons. Pulaski is a great team that has played a tougher schedule than us. I believe Russell County is a great team that hasn't played anyone yet to show it. Friday's game will be a good game. Turnovers may play a huge role. I do worry about our kicking game especially on kick- offs. Win or lose I believe both teams will go on to have great seasons!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:A little more perspective
Russell County's Defense is virtually the same defense that held Boyle to 14 points in its playoffs game last year. When all is said and done this year's defense may prove even stronger. No one on here has said that we have had ANY kind of challenge thus far. But if anyone thinks that the Lakers are coming in overconfident from our three blowouts or that somehow we will be overwhelmed by Pulaski's talent you are mistaken. This group of Seniors have played PC every year in some way since they were 7th graders. They lost a varsity game as freshmen when only a few saw any time. Otherwise these Lakers are used to winning hard hitting, well played games against the maroons. Pulaski is a great team that has played a tougher schedule than us. I believe Russell County is a great team that hasn't played anyone yet to show it. Friday's game will be a good game. Turnovers may play a huge role. I do worry about our kicking game especially on kick- offs. Win or lose I believe both teams will go on to have great seasons!
Agree it will be a good game -best team both have played so far, should be an electric crown and great weather.
You Guys act like Somerset is good!? They barely beat south western? So obviously they aren't as good as you think they are?
Pulaski County too much for Russell. PC wins!!!
PC wins by 2 scores if not more....
RUSSELL COUNTY 27 PC 14:trolldad:
No Russell has not played anyone thus far this year but who you be to talk about how bad Pulaski beat up on somerset this year? From what I've seen somerset isn't much more than a average team. Russell county has not 1 but two leading rushers this year and so much in some of there receivers that people haven't seen yet as for moving the ball on Pulaski it won't be a problem. On the defensive side of the ball Russell is returning many starters from last year and its pretty safe to say this years line up of linebackers are a lot tougher then last years. #26 and #6 are new starters this year and have created chaos in the running game along with number #34 a returning starter #23's playing time at backer has done nothing but impress me in his playing time either. Talk all you want but Friday night you better back it up PC
Seeing Russell County, they are not as fast as Somerset or North Hardin. Pulaski has more team speed to go with a very good offensive and defensive front. Russell County is good, Pulaski is just better. Pulaski County 42- Russell County 18
I will be honest, I have no idea what kind of team Russell County has this year so my prediction might be way off but I believe Pulaski is a great team and on a mission this year. I will take PC by at least 2 TD's. Good luck to both.