Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ John Hardin 9/14
This is the first of 3 Saturday away games for FTH. The KHSAA has the game start as 6:00 pm but Highlands website has the game start as 7:00 pm. Is this due to differing time zones?

John Hardin has only given up ~13 ppg and lost to DeSales in Week 2 by a score of 25-20. Can John Hardin slow the potent Highlands offense? I'll say just a little and predict a final score of Highlands 45, John Hardin 14.

Thoughts/predictions?
John Hardin will be lucky if they only give up 13 points per quarter. This Highlands team is a machine and they will not be stopped this weekend.
Highlands by 20. DeSales is very good. That is not a bad loss.
This would have been a much better game last year. John Hardin lost a lot to graduation. Highlands by 35.
adopted purple Wrote:This would have been a much better game last year. John Hardin lost a lot to graduation. Highlands by 35.

It is funny how every time Highlands plays a team that has been saying that they would beat Highlands, all of a sudden it is " this would have been a better game last year". I like Highlands in a running clock in this game. I do not think Dale takes his starters out as quickly this week.
E's Army Wrote:Highlands by 20. DeSales is very good. That is not a bad loss.

Number 2 ranked 5A team getting beat by a 2A team is a bad loss!
Highlands by 10
sstack Wrote:It is funny how every time Highlands plays a team that has been saying that they would beat Highlands, all of a sudden it is " this would have been a better game last year". I like Highlands in a running clock in this game. I do not think Dale takes his starters out as quickly this week.

Has John Hardin been talking smack? I don't know anything about that. I'm not affiliated with John Hardin in any way. I don't think they have played, since that beat down Highlands gave them in the 2009 Championship game. I'm not degrading your precious Bluebirds. I'm just stating the facts. Highlands should win this game going away. John Hardin lost a lot of players to graduation and most of their players go both ways. I think Highlands would have won last year, but it would have been much tougher. I don't see how you could take offense to that. I promise, if Highlands and Bowling Green ever play each other again, I will not say a word about how good our team was the year before. I don't like excuses either.
Highlands names the score.
sstack Wrote:It is funny how every time Highlands plays a team that has been saying that they would beat Highlands, all of a sudden it is " this would have been a better game last year". I like Highlands in a running clock in this game. I do not think Dale takes his starters out as quickly this week.

And yet you wouldn't play bowling green this year. Would be nice to hear highlands using that excuse
Funny how Boyle Co. dropped FT Highlands and John Hardin. Why is that? With all do respect to the other programs in class 4A, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, FT Highlands schedules themselves a tougher non district games, which gets them ready for the playoff push. Boyle Co is a great program, but can't tell what they have since they dropped Highlands and JH. The rest rest like, well just check out their schedule and check them out during the playoffs. That will show how ready they are in the playoff push.
FBfan4life Wrote:Funny how Boyle Co. dropped FT Highlands and John Hardin. Why is that? With all do respect to the other programs in class 4A, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, FT Highlands schedules themselves a tougher non district games, which gets them ready for the playoff push. Boyle Co is a great program, but can't tell what they have since they dropped Highlands and JH. The rest rest like, well just check out their schedule and check them out during the playoffs. That will show how ready they are in the playoff push.

Oh by the way.. FT Highlands wins BIG and on their way to possibly another state title.
it would be more interesting to predict when the running clock starts in FTHS games rather than the score
adopted purple Wrote:Has John Hardin been talking smack? I don't know anything about that. I'm not affiliated with John Hardin in any way. I don't think they have played, since that beat down Highlands gave them in the 2009 Championship game. I'm not degrading your precious Bluebirds. I'm just stating the facts. Highlands should win this game going away. John Hardin lost a lot of players to graduation and most of their players go both ways. I think Highlands would have won last year, but it would have been much tougher. I don't see how you could take offense to that. I promise, if Highlands and Bowling Green ever play each other again, I will not say a word about how good our team was the year before. I don't like excuses either.

AP is correct about last year. It would have been a competitive game. John lost too many really good players. Everyone is asking if John's defense can at least slow down Highlands and I will tell you that yes, they are capable of doing that. The problem for John all year, however, has been their offense. They are going 3 and out more times than I can ever remember and their offense is putting the defense in a lot of bad spots and on the field way too long. They lost to Desales because of turnovers in their own territory and I think this will continue Saturday. Highlands will win this easily because John cannot score or sustain drives. I don't think JH even scores 14 points.
adopted purple Wrote:Has John Hardin been talking smack? I don't know anything about that. I'm not affiliated with John Hardin in any way. I don't think they have played, since that beat down Highlands gave them in the 2009 Championship game. I'm not degrading your precious Bluebirds. I'm just stating the facts. Highlands should win this game going away. John Hardin lost a lot of players to graduation and most of their players go both ways. I think Highlands would have won last year, but it would have been much tougher. I don't see how you could take offense to that. I promise, if Highlands and Bowling Green ever play each other again, I will not say a word about how good our team was the year before. I don't like excuses either.

My comment was not directed to you so do not take any offense from it.
rebel 4 life Wrote:And yet you wouldn't play bowling green this year. Would be nice to hear highlands using that excuse

Believe me, Highlands is not afraid to play anyone. I know all Highlands fans would love to see a BG/HHS match up this year and every year. I am sure BG fans feel the same way. The problem is the distance between the two schools make it very difficult. I would love to have a close competitive game w/BG, I get tired of boring games that are decided in the first half.
mightydog Wrote:it would be more interesting to predict when the running clock starts in FTHS games rather than the score

You really made me laugh because that is exactly what we do some games. We make bets on when the running clock will start, how many plays it will take the offense to score, how many punts in the game and how long before the other teams D linemen will have their hands on their knees trying to catch their breath.
sstack Wrote:Believe me, Highlands is not afraid to play anyone. I know all Highlands fans would love to see a BG/HHS match up this year and every year. I am sure BG fans feel the same way. The problem is the distance between the two schools make it very difficult. I would love to have a close competitive game w/BG, I get tired of boring games that are decided in the first half.
Yeah because Paducah is so much closer to Fort Thomas then Bowling Green is
rebel 4 life Wrote:Yeah because Paducah is so much closer to Fort Thomas then Bowling Green is

That took you longer than I expected,LOL. It worked out for the long trip this year for some reason, so hopefully it will work out w/BG soon. And I still hope it works out even though it is being said that HHS has some lean years coming up. To think teams like HHS/BG schedule around what they think they have coming up is silly. There are lots of things that come in to play with how the schedule works out. With the long trips I know cost and the ability for the fans/families to get to the games is important. Long trips are a lot more difficult to plan. If you took a poll of HHS fans about coming to Western KY in two weeks, I would bet 100% would say they rather play BG over PT. I personally would rather play BG and maybe come home with a L, than play PT which I think will be a very one sided game. I am sure BG fans/players feel the same way, but the schedules just did not work out. Top programs in the state like HHS,X,T,BG,are not afraid to play any team. I am sure BG would play HHS every year if the agreed to come to BG and vice versa. The long trip just throws a lot of wrinkles into the scheduling.

One correction for you AP. John has 2 players that go both ways. They will occasionally put 1-2 defensive guys in on offense during certain situations but for the most part, their players go only one way.
That it really matter now who has who on their schedule. One thing that is certain is that BG will be back at WKU to play for the 5A title and FT Highlands will be there as well for the 4A title game.... Bottom line. No one else has a tougher or schedule a tough season like they do, along with Saint X, Trininty, Lex cath, Cov Cath, Louisville Central, Belfry and so on. That's why year in and year out, those programs are in the thick of the championship talk.
hoss403 Wrote:One correction for you AP. John has 2 players that go both ways. They will occasionally put 1-2 defensive guys in on offense during certain situations but for the most part, their players go only one way.

Even last year? I thought there were several playing, when we played them. Maybe a few played both ways because it was the semi-state? Either way, they were very good last year. It was one of the biggest wins in Purple history, but I really did feel like we were very lucky and I felt so bad for the John Hardin players. That was a heartbreaking loss.
sstack Wrote:My comment was not directed to you so do not take any offense from it.

You quoted my post, so I thought you might have gotten me confused with a John Hardin fan. My apologies.
sstack Wrote:Believe me, Highlands is not afraid to play anyone. I know all Highlands fans would love to see a BG/HHS match up this year and every year. I am sure BG fans feel the same way. The problem is the distance between the two schools make it very difficult. I would love to have a close competitive game w/BG, I get tired of boring games that are decided in the first half.

We too have had some teams decide not to play us anymore. I can understand some teams not wanting to play teams on the other side of the state, but Highlands shouldn't have to go to Paducah to get a game. Next week the Purples go to Chattanooga to take on McCallie Boys School. Before long Highlands and Bowling Green might have to play each other so they won't have to travel all over the country to get a game. We are a public school and don't have Trinity's money.
It just to many teams are scare of bg and highlands
adopted purple Wrote:We too have had some teams decide not to play us anymore. I can understand some teams not wanting to play teams on the other side of the state, but Highlands shouldn't have to go to Paducah to get a game. Next week the Purples go to Chattanooga to take on McCallie Boys School. Before long Highlands and Bowling Green might have to play each other so they won't have to travel all over the country to get a game. We are a public school and don't have Trinity's money.

How far are the two Tenn games BG plays?
FBfan4life Wrote:Funny how Boyle Co. dropped FT Highlands and John Hardin. Why is that? With all do respect to the other programs in class 4A, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, FT Highlands schedules themselves a tougher non district games, which gets them ready for the playoff push. Boyle Co is a great program, but can't tell what they have since they dropped Highlands and JH. The rest rest like, well just check out their schedule and check them out during the playoffs. That will show how ready they are in the playoff push.

I will take a lot of heat for saying this, just like I did last year, but I lost a lot of respect for Boyle when they did that. Hard to boast you are top program in the state and then run from competition
adopted purple Wrote:We too have had some teams decide not to play us anymore. I can understand some teams not wanting to play teams on the other side of the state, but Highlands shouldn't have to go to Paducah to get a game. Next week the Purples go to Chattanooga to take on McCallie Boys School. Before long Highlands and Bowling Green might have to play each other so they won't have to travel all over the country to get a game. We are a public school and don't have Trinity's money.

People think it is so easy to schedule games on opposite sides of the state. I was talking Drew's mom (HHS QB) today and she said she is not making the trip to PT because of the long drive. So you can see that Dale (HHS coach) would get a lot of grief if he scheduled a lot of far away games each year. Parents want to watch their kids, but it is not always possible for many reasons to be able to travel that far. On a side note, she said she would make the trip if it were BG that they were playing
sstack Wrote:People think it is so easy to schedule games on opposite sides of the state. I was talking Drew's mom (HHS QB) today and she said she is not making the trip to PT because of the long drive. So you can see that Dale (HHS coach) would get a lot of grief if he scheduled a lot of far away games each year. Parents want to watch their kids, but it is not always possible for many reasons to be able to travel that far. On a side note, she said she would make the trip if it were BG that they were playing

Such as the Rafferty's bowl? Could have been a classic. Was there some scheduling conflict? If I was Dale, would have dropped 1 or even both the trips to the west to make this game happen.
Highlands win by as much as they want!!! Don't see any team in 4a even comming close to stoping this team on its way to another state title.