Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Pulaski County
Looking forward to this match up! I feel this will be each teams first real test. Being a Russell County Fan, I am interested to see how Pulaski will handle the speed of the Mighty Laker running game. If PC is able to contain the running game we will find out if we are a one dimensional team. I would like to see more of Russell Counties passing game. Cant argue with the sucess thus far but we have not had much of a challenge.
This will by be Russell's first real challenge. I'm also interested to see how Russell plays. Think pc is a much better team than people are giving them credit for.
Pulaski county 41 Russell county 13 I need to see some score Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker:
This should be a great measuring stick for both teams.
Pulaski County
Pulaski County by 3 touchdowns.
Pulaski county wins this one by 2 TD's
Would like a moderator to add a poll to this thread. Seems like Pulaski will be the heavy favorite from all the comments thus far. As much as Russell County lost due to graduation, one would have to admire them if they can even make a game of it facing the highly touted Maroons. One would assume the Lakers cannot even stay within 2-3 touchdowns. Pulaski is at home and has played much better competition thus far. The lakers have little in their favor.
Any stats for Smiddy so far this year, don't see much about their games and was wondering how he's doing.
Pulaski County by a TD.
Maroons by a cpl of Td's
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Would like a moderator to add a poll to this thread. Seems like Pulaski will be the heavy favorite from all the comments thus far. As much as Russell County lost due to graduation, one would have to admire them if they can even make a game of it facing the highly touted Maroons. One would assume the Lakers cannot even stay within 2-3 touchdowns. Pulaski is at home and has played much better competition thus far. The lakers have little in their favor.

HOUSE: I think you and everyone else is going to be suprised!! Russell County is still very talented. Alot of speed and big linemen. Im confortable with what I have seen that it will be a close game with RC pulling it out at the end. It all depends on PC ability to stop the running game.
Big Brown Wrote:Looking forward to this match up! I feel this will be each teams first real test. Being a Russell County Fan, I am interested to see how Pulaski will handle the speed of the Mighty Laker running game. If PC is able to contain the running game we will find out if we are a one dimensional team. I would like to see more of Russell Counties passing game. Cant argue with the sucess thus far but we have not had much of a challenge.

This will be Russell County's first real test. Pulaski has already played Somerset. Somerset has plenty of speed--that didn't bother Pulaski County at all. Russell isn't faster than Somerset and hasn't played any competition yet. I think they'll be shell shocked early in this one. Pulaski puts it away in the first half and cruises after halftime 42-14.
Pulaski by 14. They are very good this year.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Any stats for Smiddy so far this year, don't see much about their games and was wondering how he's doing.

Smiddy is splitting time with Blake Ellis (Russell County's senior speedster). In his first game against Taylor County his first pass was a 45 yrd TD pass. Hit the receiver in stide!! He has scored a couple of running TD's. Not huge stats but has not had much of a chance due to RC scoring numerous defensive TD's and splitting time.

He is being coached by a former UL and EKU Quarterback (Adam Ellis). Looking forward to see how he developes had the year goes on and then how his senior year goes.

He is in a much better enviroment to learn with this coaching staff!
I watched the PC and Somerset game and I was impressed with their depth, discipline and talent. I know what we are walking into especially considering the outcome of the last two year's games. But, honestly I like our chances of winning a very well played hard hitting ballgame. We are fine playing the underdog it is a role we have excelled in before. We are led by twelve senoirs that are physical hard hitting football players who have played in many big ballgames! We will not be shellshocked at all. Russell County will be looking to make a big statement on Friday.
I don't really know on this one, I think its a toss up.
One area I feel that the Lakers have really improved on is the O-line play. We are much bigger and more physical. Last week I noticed on a run play that all five linemen were blocking 20 yards downfield where in years past several would still be around the line of scrimmage. They have bought into the concept of finishing off blocks.
Pulaski is an excellent football team. They play fast and everyone seems to be on the same page. Will be interested to see the final from this game. In my opinion Pulaski should play for a title this year. Will know for sure as season goes on and they play schools of similar size.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Would like a moderator to add a poll to this thread. Seems like Pulaski will be the heavy favorite from all the comments thus far. As much as Russell County lost due to graduation, one would have to admire them if they can even make a game of it facing the highly touted Maroons. One would assume the Lakers cannot even stay within 2-3 touchdowns. Pulaski is at home and has played much better competition thus far. The lakers have little in their favor.
Russell county actually did not lose many to graduation. They return almost everyone except for the tail back QB and Kicker.
Big Brown Wrote:HOUSE: I think you and everyone else is going to be suprised!! Russell County is still very talented. Alot of speed and big linemen. Im confortable with what I have seen that it will be a close game with RC pulling it out at the end. It all depends on PC ability to stop the running game.
According to the latest KHSAA rankings , Pulaski is #1 in 5A in run defense - giving up only around 30 yards rushing a game.
meat loaf Wrote:According to the latest KHSAA rankings , Pulaski is #1 in 5A in run defense - giving up only around 30 yards rushing a game.
Should make for an interesting game!
Big Brown Wrote:Should make for an interesting game!
Should be a huge crowd - I know Russell county fans usually travel well.The weather channel shows 73 and sunny for Friday. TongueirateSho
meat loaf Wrote:Russell county actually did not lose many to graduation. They return almost everyone except for the tail back QB and Kicker.

Plus 2 starting linebackers, one who played a lot on offense also, a starting defensive end who also played on offensive line , a starting corner and several role players.
ONLY the tailback, quarterback & kicker? That was 95% of Russell County's offense last year. Hard to replace that, especially against a team giving up under 40 yards/ game on the ground. If Russell County is unable to run the ball and has to depend on the QB position to move the ball, it's going to be a long night for the Lakers.The big question mark for this game will be if Mason Helton is healthy enough to play for PC. Hopefully MRI comes back negative. Helton is a key to the Maroons rush defense in the middle of the field.
Wow! You maroons don't have anything to worry about! We will be lucky to score against such a powerhouse defense! Try not to embarrass us too bad! I hope Ellis, Fletcher and the rest of the guys that made up that measly 5% can somehow make it a game. I hope you can pick up on sarcasm because I am laying it on pretty thick!! Ask your coach what is coming to town Friday, he is a good coach I guarantee you he knows! You better be prepared for a war
Forever Maroon Wrote:ONLY the tailback, quarterback & kicker? That was 95% of Russell County's offense last year. Hard to replace that, especially against a team giving up under 40 yards/ game on the ground. If Russell County is unable to run the ball and has to depend on the QB position to move the ball, it's going to be a long night for the Lakers.The big question mark for this game will be if Mason Helton is healthy enough to play for PC. Hopefully MRI comes back negative. Helton is a key to the Maroons rush defense in the middle of the field.

What happened to Mason?
Pulaski is loaded
Pulaski will be prepared, just stating facts. I'm sure Russell County will have plenty of rushing yards, but to say you lose ONLY those 3 players was pretty much a slap in their faces. Those 3 made up a huge chunk of Russell County's offense last year and it will be a huge challenge for the Lakers to replace ONLY the QB, RB and kicker. Rest assured PC knows what they are getting into. The question is, do the Lakers know what's coming Friday?
They read it in just about every post in this thread. Don't think anyone has said Russell County will win.