Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co vs Fairview 9/6
Chief Wahoo Wrote:This will be an interesting game, the Dawgs are hot right now and playing well, while it sounds like Fairview struggled a bit against a surprisingly decent EC team. Does Fairview have the horses to keep up with Cyrus and the gang?

Playing Boyd County and Rowan County would make any team "hot" right now. Those teams haven't played defense since the 90's.
Rowan County has the size, but they get wore down. They are a physical football team, but no talent other then # 6 Lee, and this was of course without #35 Moore on the field. I don't know how much of a difference he would have made.
Anyone know how practice has gone this week for LC?
I hear transfer high has another transfer for this week. A kid from wv. I don't how the coach keeps up with all the players name as much as they change, at transfer high.:biglmao:
dawg fan Wrote:I hear transfer high has another transfer for this week. A kid from wv. I don't how the coach keeps up with all the players name as much as they change, at transfer high.:biglmao:
Lets not go down that road we've been know to have a few our self from time to time. As has most other programs. It is what it is and we'll play who they got.:thumpsup:
This should be a great Game. GO DAWGS
dawg fan Wrote:I hear transfer high has another transfer for this week. A kid from wv. I don't how the coach keeps up with all the players name as much as they change, at transfer high.:biglmao:

Be careful now, just me asking how the "new crop" had done a while back got me thrashed on here left and right, haha. Couldn't agree with you more and now I will get jumped on again I am sure, but good luck to you and your team tonight, never been more a fan of Lawrence County than I will be this evening for sure.

:Thumbs:
Not getting into it. (transfer talk)...i say this. Prepare YOUR team. Play YOUR brand of football. Do Highlands, X, T, BG, Central, MF, BW, worry about who another team has or how long they may or havent been at that school? NO. Play within your program. Game plan to stop a scheme or particular player, but i get soctired of hearing the transfer talk. Yeah, the eagles had a stable of talet last year, much of it from huntington, BUT, they ran into a Mayfield team that couldve cared less. Outside of that loss, Raceland was the only team to slow them down.

Tonights game should be great. Anyone know if it will be on IHIGh? I am out of town working and cant make it.
How are Fairviews backfield looking this year after loosing all the starters from last year?
I'll take the Bulldogs.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:How are Fairviews backfield looking this year after loosing all the starters from last year?

They have another big fb(McKnight 5'10" 240), a speed back Isaiah King(Elijah's bro), and their replacement for Turner comes in the form of soph Tanner Dolen. King, much like his brother, is very fast, but much like him and Baker at ashland, not much of a threat unless he gets to the 2nd level. Dolen has the strength to get past 1st contact and the speed to beat u if he does. But, imo, this Fairview squad will only go as far as the oline and Caleb McKnight takes them. The line isnt as fast as last year and the backs donthave the over all speed to make up for it. Brewer didnt need a hole, he made his own, and Turner may go down as one of the best backs to ever come out of the area. His leadership, vision, and toughness cant be replaced. Fairviews defense, will miss more by losing King, Turner, Rutherford more so than the offense. Their dbs last year had the length and speed to let the lbs and line attack and not worry much about the passing game bc they could handle it. Not so much the case this year. UNLESS, these "unkowns" have the ability to come together like last years newbies did. Its hard to get that type of continuity with one and doners.
Fairview gets first loss of the season tonight.
I kind of expect Fairview to lose tonight as well. Thus is a good measuring stick for both teams. Lawrence came out of nowhere. I stated in another thread in preseason they would be better, I just didnt expect this. Though they havent played a real defense yet. Fairview should still be a tough out though. But they struggled at east last year, and ten started their run prowess around week 3. Tonight we will know who is who and what is what. Or, we may just come away w the same thing..."Fairview had starters out...dont want to use them in a non-district game...."

Does neone know if they are 100% this week?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:They have another big fb(McKnight 5'10" 240), a speed back Isaiah King(Elijah's bro), and their replacement for Turner comes in the form of soph Tanner Dolen. King, much like his brother, is very fast, but much like him and Baker at ashland, not much of a threat unless he gets to the 2nd level. Dolen has the strength to get past 1st contact and the speed to beat u if he does. But, imo, this Fairview squad will only go as far as the oline and Caleb McKnight takes them. The line isnt as fast as last year and the backs donthave the over all speed to make up for it. Brewer didnt need a hole, he made his own, and Turner may go down as one of the best backs to ever come out of the area. His leadership, vision, and toughness cant be replaced. Fairviews defense, will miss more by losing King, Turner, Rutherford more so than the offense. Their dbs last year had the length and speed to let the lbs and line attack and not worry much about the passing game bc they could handle it. Not so much the case this year. UNLESS, these "unkowns" have the ability to come together like last years newbies did. Its hard to get that type of continuity with one and doners.
Fairview has almost the same identical line from last yr . 4 of 5 return , & the one newbie on the line is actually a lot faster than the one he replaced . As far as the dbs go all of our starting dbs from last yr is back exept Rutherford . E King did have a couple starts as a db last yr but he wasnt a regular back there at all . We did lose 2 big time lbs in Turner , & Brewer , but return the other 2 lbs in Dolen , & Yetts ( Yetts also plays some db as he did last yr ) . Fairview's RBs is just as fast if not faster than last yr just need to mesh better. Wait until they fully unleash Kurtlen Brown this kid is unreal , & runs a faster 40 than both E King , or Turner did , & hes just a Freshman. The paper said sophmore , but he is a freshman
Look at the quality of the opponents LC has played then compare it to the success Fairview has had. This is a team that rises to the occasion. I pick Fairview 30 - LC 22
Talon, thanks for the info. I was just getting info as far as line speed goes is the film i saw from the East Carter game. The line looked sluggish and the backs didnt hit the whole as hard. Now, like i said at the end of my statement, if the new players mesh like last years did its a different team. Things just gelled really well last year and i will be suprised to get that chemistry back without a leader like Turner in the locker room.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Talon, thanks for the info. I was just getting info as far as line speed goes is the film i saw from the East Carter game. The line looked sluggish and the backs didnt hit the whole as hard. Now, like i said at the end of my statement, if the new players mesh like last years did its a different team. Things just gelled really well last year and i will be suprised to get that chemistry back without a leader like Turner in the locker room.

I agree Fairview was firing very slow off the ball last week but they will get better . Our backs with exception of Brown may be new at starting on O but all started last yr on D , & Yetts , Dolen , & I King each had 3 starts last yr at the RB position , & several other 1st string snaps . It is a matter of meshing together which they will get better with as the season goes on . You are right its hard to replace the talent , experience , & leadership that. Turner , & Brewer brought to the table , but trust me we will get better . I expect big things out of this team next yr though
Oh one more thing dont know if it really mattered or not but last week one of our starters who starts both O , & D ( on O WR , on D DB ) didnt dress last week , & i just found out , & i didnt realize this before but another stater a 3 yr starting DB for us was out last week due to having a stomach virus so i hope having those 2 back will help out some
I'm interested to see how this stable of running backs play together. It would appear that Fairview had more than enough talent left over from last year, before the newcomers. How will McPeek balance the playing time, somebody has to lose minutes, who's it going to be? Interesting...
Ramcat77 Wrote:I'm interested to see how this stable of running backs play together. It would appear that Fairview had more than enough talent left over from last year, before the newcomers. How will McPeek balance the playing time, somebody has to lose minutes, who's it going to be? Interesting...

I agree it will be interesting . In my opinion ( like if my opinion matters lol ) I King is great on D , & i would either leave him soley on D or use him as a receiver on O , but not as a RB .
Talon Wrote:I agree it will be interesting . In my opinion ( like if my opinion matters lol ) I King is great on D , & i would either leave him soley on D or use him as a receiver on O , but not as a RB .

Yea, I thought King would move out to play WR as well.
Does Fairview have everyone healthy this week? Seems like a running thing with every time they have played slow or sluggish(East Carter) and when they got throttled by JC, that players were out...not wanting to let any wrinkles show...etc. im not pointing fingers at anyone and saying they r making excuses...i just want to know what to expect for my rams week 8...or whenever it may be.
Dang it picking fairview
Ramcat77 Wrote:I'm interested to see how this stable of running backs play together. It would appear that Fairview had more than enough talent left over from last year, before the newcomers. How will McPeek balance the playing time, somebody has to lose minutes, who's it going to be? Interesting...

That's a problem many 1A schools would like to have.