Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increased Speed Limit?
Drivers in Kentucky could soon step on the gas a little more on some interstates and other roads.
A proposed 70-mile-an-hour speed limit unanimously passed a senate committee this morning in Frankfort.
Governor Fletcher and the transportation cabinet favor the higher speed limit and cite studies that show moving from 65 to 70 miles an hour won't make the roads more dangerous.
Some opponents say speed kills and the proposal should be killed as well.
Thirty other states have a 70-mile-an-hour limit.
The proposed law seen by the fletcher administration as a trade-off to get a primary seat belt law passed... That's where police could stop drivers solely for not buckling up. The 70 mile an hour limit now moves to the full senate for a vote.
[Image: http://wkyt.images.worldnow.com/images/s..._trans.gif]
So what is everyones views on this?
I would like to see it raised on some roads.
It needs to be raised on interstates....
I say go ahead and increase it...most people go at least 5 over anyways
Well i said no but only if its on interstates then yeah....
If they raise it here around the Pikeville area on 23... they will just put in 4 more red lights to slow everyone down.... I personally think it is a good idea for some roads.
I don't think they should increase it but that's just my opinion...the speed limit is 55 and you have people that drive 70,80 and 90 now so with the speed limit being 70 that'll just make them go even faster and possibly top 100. Plus the faster you go the more slow-down distance you'd need...I personally think theyre will be more wrecks and accidents on interstates if the speed limit is raised just because of the fact that anything can happen, debris fly, someone pull out in front of you...even a sudden stop...and with a increased speed limit you're more likely to wreck because you will need longer to slow down or even stop.
They need to be increased on the interstates.. almost everybody drives that fast on them anyway and I think there should be minimum speed limits set also
Interstates yea, but I do agree with DT some, she made some good points..lol..
im all for it
doesn't michigan have a speed limit of 75 ?
DTfan Wrote:I don't think they should increase it but that's just my opinion...the speed limit is 55 and you have people that drive 70,80 and 90 now so with the speed limit being 70 that'll just make them go even faster and possibly top 100. Plus the faster you go the more slow-down distance you'd need...I personally think theyre will be more wrecks and accidents on interstates if the speed limit is raised just because of the fact that anything can happen, debris fly, someone pull out in front of you...even a sudden stop...and with a increased speed limit you're more likely to wreck because you will need longer to slow down or even stop.

Listen to the master. Don't raise the limit.
Reizvoll Wrote:Listen to the master. Don't raise the limit.

The master whos only had their license 8 months, 3 accidents, and totaled 2 cars...lol...Smile
BallaBaby Wrote:The master whos only had their license 8 months, 3 accidents, and totaled 2 cars...lol...Smile

Wow.. :omg:
BallaBaby Wrote:The master whos only had their license 8 months, 3 accidents, and totaled 2 cars...lol...Smile

Totaled 2 cars and wiped a student out....:bigeyed:
On some roads then it wouldn't be so bad but the roads are already dangerous enough in some areas. People would just go faster because they are driving 70 with the 55 mph limit...
I would like to see it go up to 65 on 321 and to 70 on 23 but then again that just means more red lights!

Correction: I've had my liscense for 1 year, 3 months 13 days.

bomber...the one last year at school wasn't my fault...he never should've jumped on my hood...espically with me going down a hill and him with warm-up pants on...not too smart...

And balla....i only totaled my grand am...the corolla isn't totaled, the insurance company just didn't want to pay to have it fixed since it has a rebuilt title...
best news i've heard in a while