Poll: Belfry @ Harlan Co Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
69.61%
Belfry
30.39%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Harlan County 9/6
Ok, I am just going to settle this thread between HC and Belfry. I vote that we just take the prediction vote at the beginning of this thread and just call that the final score. Whatcha think? I think it is a great idea. That way no kids get hurt and we win. I think it is a grand idea!!!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
54-18?? I am thinking closer to 48-28
I love everybody out there in Rivals land, well maybe with the exception of GUT. Just joking Gut I love you too but please everybody please quit calling us Harlan. It is HC or Harlan County. I know that sounds knit picky but trust me it matters. Thank you all.
bear claw Wrote:Hey Belfry 0304, I am calling PETA!!!!

People eating tasty animals? It looks in the background as if they've already made it.
skully03 Wrote:And folks on here say that BELFRY fans are cocky.

Harlan Co. really hasn't really ever accomplished anything, other than really good corruption. They have found something to be proud of, one semi final team. I hate the fact there catching Belfry with a young team so early in the year. How many Years will they play this series?
Actually it is 2 semi final teams in just 5 years. Pretty impressive if you ask me. We have been in the regional final in 3 of the past 5 years that HC has been playing football. Do we have Belfry's resume? No. But we are well on our way!
In saying that I take absolutely nothing against Belfry. They are one of the pride of the mountains that I am proud of. A pride that WE HARLAN COUNTIANS are striving for. This is only our 6 season.
Hey we still have Really good corruption Confusednicker:
I still think Belfry by 6. Shock and awe!!!!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Harlan Co. really hasn't really ever accomplished anything, other than really good corruption. They have found something to be proud of, one semi final team. I hate the fact there catching Belfry with a young team so early in the year. How many Years will they play this series?

Belfry has a wonder program, a legendary Coach, and numerous championships. Harlan County fans have much respect. I can say with great confidence that not one Harlan County football player on the field on Friday night cares how many trophies you have in your trophy case back home. They are playing to win.
bear claw Wrote:Actually it is 2 semi final teams in just 5 years. Pretty impressive if you ask me. We have been in the regional final in 3 of the past 5 years that HC has been playing football. Do we have Belfry's resume? No. But we are well on our way!

My mistake on the missed resume, and yes that is impressive. Im glad to see a team from the mountains finally be able to represent or even be big enough to represent the larger classes of football. IMO Belfry is the class of mountain football. They have put the mountains on the map year in and year out which through out the state probably makes them the King.

I think this year and at this point Harlan Co has the better football team, problem is you can never sleep on Haywood or the Pirates. They have talent and the best coach in Ky high school football. That always makes a team dangerous regardless of age or experience.

I just hope Its a clean and injury free game, and regardless of the out come I hope both teams are able to sit in Bowling Green and pull for one another at the end of the year while the elders build a bond fire out side the hotel and sit and tell lies while sipping some of that good old mountain white lightning.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Hey we still have Really good corruption Confusednicker:

I worked down there a few years ago and some of the stuff that was going on...WOW.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Harlan Co. really hasn't really ever accomplished anything, other than really good corruption. They have found something to be proud of, one semi final team. I hate the fact there catching Belfry with a young team so early in the year. How many Years will they play this series?

Interesting way to look at it.
I guess Belfry made it to the state semifinals much faster. How long was it - one year or two?
HDE Wrote:Interesting way to look at it.
I guess Belfry made it to the state semifinals much faster. How long was it - one year or two?

:pondering: 78yrs....Not sure, but there's a lot more to be cocky about.
Something we all can agree on!!!!
Go now and vote for our mountain grown Jimmy Rose on America's got Talent
Voting is now. Lets show the rest of the county what mountain folks are all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgc6kSaAByc"][/YOUTUBE]
VELVET CLOSER Wrote::pondering: 78yrs....Not sure, but there's a lot more to be cocky about.

Belfry did have some regional championships in the 60s. They beat Evarts (a Harlan County team) two or three times during that era but lost in the semifinals.
Harlan County did OK back then though. Besides Evarts' three district titles, Lynch won four state championships and finished second four times.
Cumberland made it to the state finals three times in the 1980s.
Cawood won the region in 1975 (they beat Belfry in the regional finals).

Harlan County won a few games/championships in the old days, too.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:^ well good since you paid attention in school with Raylan Givens, then you know that a Theory is supported by facts, that being said what facts do you have that makes your theory of Harlan being so much better than BELFRY.....(and don't say the filthy farm animal defense putting us in the emergency room) that's not a fact....a fact about that is our offense is bigger than The Bears Defense...i seen the scouting report....and the bears offense is bigger than our defense as a whole...that to me sounds on the same level...Now go back to the kitchen table and let your mommy help you with your homework...:biglmao:

Its not about whos bigger, its about who better.

Emergency Room Afternoon at Coal Miners Stadium this friday.
Talking about the name on the front of the jersey, great Grandfathers have wore that Belfry name. Just saying Pride can be a powerful thing. Tradition runs deep on pond creek!
I leave and come back to this mess of a thread.
I will try to respond to all of my HC blackbear family as well as our doormats for friday.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Being around these boards for a while I am actually optimistic with RIUTG picking the Bears to roll.

His track record of predictions and bold claims over the years has certainly backfired their fair share... hell I thought Whitley County was the second coming of the Highlands Bluebirds based off his claims in the pre-season that Whitley would beat 7/10 teams in the Mountain Top 10.. then they lost to the St. Thomas Aquinas..err... I mean Morristown West (who lost 42-0 this week BTW).. then RIUTG pronounced how Whitley would avenge Rockcastle County and those vandalizing Eagles from Madison Southern... before Damien Harris got his cardio workout in for the Month and ran a 5K with the football.

RIUTG is my boy and all but lets call it what it is...once his team disappoints him he saddles the fastest horse around he can find. Hell..poor Gut rode Bell County til that thoroughbred has basically pulled up lame this year.

Big Grin

EKUALUM, my dear friend, weve been here longer than most of these average posters. I dont know why you still believe my predictions. While im usually right on the money, there are a few hundred times ive been wrong.

Who knew MWest would be the number 2 team in the nation? Who knew Harris would you baby oil so we couldnt tackle him?

No use of saddling Bell anymore. That horse is beat to death.
Mama Bear Wrote:Bring him! We may need the hot air to cook all those dogs and burgers!

I love all my mama bears on here. I wish they would come back.....

And im always down for putting on my Black Bear Apron and cooking up some burgers!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Hey Hey nobody can give GUT a ride to the game, he said a page or two back that i was his new best friend and he was going to buy me a hotdog, so i'm gonna bring him so i can get my hotdog dang it Confusednicker: I gotcha back GUT...

You are my best friend.
Dont let the imposters fool you.
Bearclaw is a Belfry plant.
I know this for fact.
bear claw Wrote:Demarcus ware, GUT sent me a private that I was his best friend. Something aint right. I think he is trying to turn Harlan County fans against each other.Confusednicker:

Blasphemy!
You cant tear the HC faithful apart.

Perma Ban to all enemies!
Demarcus ware Wrote:GUT say it ain't so bro? I want my hotdog even if i have to send transpo to pick you up..We bears fans (harlan natives or not) have to stick together, can't have internal fighting Confusednicker:

Its not so. We will be singing some Brad Pailey friday night.
bear claw Wrote:Hey GUT, I know you want to be adopted by us Harlan Countians but it aint that easy. You have to prove that you want to become a Black Bear. One you have to denounce your Whitley County fanship. Two, you have to come visit a coal mine here in Harlan County and go underground and Three, you have to stand in front of the HC student body at a pep rally and sing " You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive". How bout it?:Thumbs:

Belfry plant!
panther nation Wrote:Gut has gone underground!! He is getting scared of all those bears and Tongueirate04: getting ready to descend upon Harlan county. He not sure if he will get out of Harlan alive!!!

I am here.

Emergency Room Afternoon.
bear claw Wrote:I love everybody out there in Rivals land, well maybe with the exception of GUT. Just joking Gut I love you too but please everybody please quit calling us Harlan. It is HC or Harlan County. I know that sounds knit picky but trust me it matters. Thank you all.

We love you to.....sometimes.
We all should be happy no that Harlan county belfry and jchs r playing each other hope we keep playing I think Harlan is a little better than belfry and jchs right now both belfry and jchs r pretty young up front . We all got to love some smash mouth football going to make the trip to Harlan county cant wait till Friday far as prediction u never can count out the old coach Haywood he's beet my eagles a couple times on have time adjust meant and he got us once on a fake punt so man never noes good luck to both teams . Hope that got done good pop Korn
I wish Belfry would slot this game for senior night next year!
I'm taking half a day off Friday so I can be sure and get a parking space!! Otherwise, I might as well walk to the game.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next