Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
25.00%
Ironton
75.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ironton,Oh 9/6
Thoughts/predictions
This will be a tough test for the Devils even though 62% of Ironton's roster is freshmen and sophomore from what I read on another site.
This is the year to get the tiggers
Ironton top RB is a kid that Russell's freshman team controlled last year. This would be a much needed win for us but at this stage I have no clue of this outcome.
final of ironton-wheelersburg game was

wheelersburg 49

ironton 12

was 49-6 @ halftime sounds like wheelersburg could have scored 100 if not for running clock and i'm sure they put subs in
Russell plays @ Ironton so we are already down 10-0. Lol
Unless Russell does something to shore up the right side of their defense, ironton will run there all night. 200 lb d tackle for Russell vs 300lb+ o tackle for ironton. Total mismatch
Anything and everything that could go wrong for Ironton last night did. Lot of mistakes to correct. One of the worst performances from a Tiger team I have ever seen.
ttt
When was the last time Russell beat Ironton?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:When was the last time Russell beat Ironton?
Would be interesting to find out. I know they're 24-3-1 against Russell:Thumbs:
Russell last beat Ironton in 1977.
I can't see Russell being in this game with Ironton's size up front.
Size should not be a concern. Quickness? Yea that would concern me. Lol
Russell has size.
how much adjusting do you think Russell will make? Its said that the biggest improvement a team makes is between wk 1 and 2, I hope that's true.
Ironton 36 Russell 12
mightydog Wrote:how much adjusting do you think Russell will make? Its said that the biggest improvement a team makes is between wk 1 and 2, I hope that's true.

I think Russell needs to get faster in spots. I would put Korzep and Conley at LBs instead of safety. Arnold could move up and rotate in on the defensive line to keep guys fresh. Honestly I could see he and Sammy Smith splitting time at NG.

Offensively Van Deren would go to gaurd. Mitch
Redden and Timmy Hammond would get a look at offensive tackles. May could be one end and I would have an open tryout for the other end.
Well who know what is gonna happen with this game Ironton 0-1 Russell 1-0. Ironton gets blown out by a good Wheelersburg team and Russell struggles with a not so good Greenup team so who knows. One thing I know for sure there will not be a running clock on Friday night only because we don't run the clock over here lol.. So good luck to everyone lets all hope we see a good injury free game..
hardknocks4 Wrote:Well who know what is gonna happen with this game Ironton 0-1 Russell 1-0. Ironton gets blown out by a good Wheelersburg team and Russell struggles with a not so good Greenup team so who knows. One thing I know for sure there will not be a running clock on Friday night only because we don't run the clock over here lol.. So good luck to everyone lets all hope we see a good injury free game..

Amen brother