Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt vs Jackson County (Honey Bowl) 8/30
Thoughts, predictions...................
Honey Bowl really making sure Breathitt starts the season off with a nailbiter

Breathitt 56
Jackson 6
Wow, Kyle really scheduled a tough opponent for the Honey Bowl.
BHS - 62
JCHS - 6
Mismatch. Clock will run early. No benefit to either team scheduling this game.
Breathitt big
Bhs- 35
jchs- 12
Big jake baker will dominate in this one. He will clog up the running lanes. #RichardTrent. BHS 4 life
I agree, Breathitt should have scheduled a more exciting game for the Honey Bowl. Jackson County is in our district, so we have no choice but to play them at some point in the season. It would have been more exciting to see Bourbon County in the Honey Bowl, and play Jackson County in week three. The bobcats should win this game in a running clock.
Breathitt has had trouble last few years finding teams for the honey bowl. They are a lot of bowl games going on during week one and lot more high profile than the honey bowl. I think if they would make it were they were 2 or more games it could be a top notch bowl game. In years past they have been good teams .(Lincoln co (95)(state semifinal ), belfry (96)(#1 ranking in 3a), Bryan station (97)(I think they won 4a the following year), middlesboro 98(state champs that year),rockcastle co (01)(state runner up) north Hardin (02) Andre Woodson sr year, Johnson central was in a couple times (07),08, ( lost to highlands in regional finals. So as you can see historically we have had good teams in the honey bowl , but as late it's harder and harder to draw top teams in. So I think if they could make 2+ games they could bring so great teams in.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree, Breathitt should have scheduled a more exciting game for the Honey Bowl. Jackson County is in our district, so we have no choice but to play them at some point in the season. It would have been more exciting to see Bourbon County in the Honey Bowl, and play Jackson County in week three. The bobcats should win this game in a running clock.

I think this was smart get jackson county out of the way early in the season.but the honey bowl thats just wrong. breathitt co 48 jackson co 06 :Sad04::Sad04::Sad04: the honey bowl
Breathitt 40-6
We get a district game out of the way and maybe build a little confidence for a strong Bourbon team the following week.People forget that Breathitt is basically the J.V. team from last year.Maybe IF we do go up big we will also maybe get some playing time for the younger kids also and see if any of them will be able to step up if needed.I remember four years ago watching Richard Trent for the first time when we still had Jade Haddix at Q.B. and Channing Fugate at R.B. and the fans wanting to go ahead and make him the new starting Q.B. as a Freshman and moving Jade back to WR.
I respect Breathitt County football. Very good program and worthy of respect. Coach Moore is a great coach and he will have his team ready to play, with that said, Jackson County does not plan on laying down and rolling over. They will bring 45 kids who will give it all they have and lay all out on the field. These kids have heart and determination. At the end of the game it may not be enough, only God knows but we are preparing to play Friday against one of the best programs in the state, one we respect highly, we will give it our best shot, that is all we can do, that is what the Generals plan on doing! No matter what the scoreboard says we will walk on the field with our heads held high and walk off with our heads held high! Be Blessed and Best Wishes!
breathitt will win big 40 to 6
You all think breathitt is gonna have a blowout. But jackson county has a tough team this year with a lot of heart and determination. Gonna be a good game. Good luck to both squads.
If Breathitt doesn't win big it could be a long, long season for coach Moore and his bobcats...............
Who do you think will be off. Player of the game, def. player of the game, and MVP. My picks MVP Wes noble. Off. Pog Adam White def pog John Keith Collins
Noodler Wrote:Who do you think will be off. Player of the game, def. player of the game, and MVP. My picks MVP Wes noble. Off. Pog Adam White def pog John Keith Collins

Let's wait till the game is over with.Confusednicker:
Bobcats victorious!