Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ensworth (TN) 27 Trinity 26
Final.
Awesome game to watch..two very high quality teams. Ensworth's RB is a frickin tank.
Ensworth scores late to take a 27-26 lead, which would be the final score.

Little Note: This is Ensworth's 23rd consecutive win.
^
Agreed.

It was Trinitys game to lose. They should have won this game going away IMO, but stupid play calling and dumb mistakes costed them.
wow, and i think there a small school,i missed that 1..
Ensworth is a different animal. Tried to tell you.
$$$$$$ talks.
After Highlands scrimmage I said Bonnafin,Brooks,and WR (Ott spelling?) were very good and they showed that tonight. I also said #20 Crabbtree got burnt all night and the safety #7 had to double his man the second half and he got majorly burnt over and over tonight. He is a major weakness in their D that needs fixed. T fell apart last 10 mins of the game.
AlcoasPaintedBridge Wrote:Ensworth is a different animal. Tried to tell you.
$$$$$$ talks.

In all seriousness, Ensowrth is the best team in TN, and Trinity beat them for 47 of the 48 minutes.

Trinity is a better team with better athletes IMO.

But a loss is a loss.

I bet Beatty is fuming after this one.
Bonnafon looked good at times..but he also made some questionable decisions. You can tell he is learning the position and that cost them tonight.

This Trinity team is still good enough to win it all.. but IMHO they are significantly down from last year (at this time) and nowhere near the level of the team two years ago.
Wow would have liked to seen that one.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bonnafon looked good at times..but he also made some questionable decisions. You can tell he is learning the position and that cost them tonight.

This Trinity team is still good enough to win it all.. but IMHO they are significantly down from last year (at this time) and nowhere near the level of the team two years ago.

Couldnt have said it better.
Would Trinity have won this game by 3-4 scores last year?
cuppett777 Wrote:wow, and i think there a small school,i missed that 1..

They showed Ensworth's enrollment as being 423.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^
423 x 25000= 10,575,000.00

Thats 10 and a half million.
You can probably cut that in half because of athletic scholarships.
It was an impressive game to watch on ESPNU
panther nation Wrote:Wow would have liked to seen that one.

If you have espnu, they will replay it either tonight or tomorrow morning
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
423 x 25000= 10,575,000.00

Thats 10 and a half million.
You can probably cut that in half because of athletic scholarships.
Ensowrth also has a "B" team varsity team
now that impressive two varsity level team
Blocked extra point when T went up 20-14 was a very big play IMHO. b
^
Its on replay tonight at midnight.
you watched a different game than i did...trinity had a few big plays and their quaterback and running back are very good but ensworth in the end just pounded trinity into the dirt. Trinity has a good team and what a great game to watch. Game could have gone either way just two different styles of football

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:In all seriousness, Ensowrth is the best team in TN, and Trinity beat them for 47 of the 48 minutes.

Trinity is a better team with better athletes IMO.

But a loss is a loss.

I bet Beatty is fuming after this one.
Would have loved to seen this one. Two powerhouses knocking heads.
Baylorbigdog1976 Wrote:you watched a different game than i did...trinity had a few big plays and their quaterback and running back are very good but ensworth in the end just pounded trinity into the dirt. Trinity has a good team and what a great game to watch. Game could have gone either way just two different styles of football

So Trinity didnt lead the game until 1:29 to go into the game?
Thats what i said, so how was i wrong?
I am not an ensworth fan but i played college football and trinity does not have better athletes than the ensworth team i saw tonight. Game could have gone either way. Just different styles of football....I prefer the way ensworth plays to the shotgun....always loved the old redskins with john riggins. Ensworth just lined it up and pounded it late in the game. Trinity was lucky in my mind to be in this game as long as they were and if it were not for a few big plays ( missed coverage and tackle on the long run ) they would not have been .

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So Trinity didnt lead the game until 1:29 to go into the game?
Baylorbigdog1976 Wrote:I am not an ensworth fan but i played college football and trinity does not have better athletes than the ensworth team i saw tonight. Game could have gone either way. Just different styles of football....I prefer the way ensworth plays to the shotgun....always loved the old redskins with john riggins. Ensworth just lined it up and pounded it late in the game. Trinity was lucky in my mind to be in this game as long as they were and if it were not for a few big plays ( missed coverage and tackle on the long run ) they would not have been .

You and every other poster on this site Confusednicker:
Called it!!Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So Trinity didnt lead the game until 1:29 to go into the game?

It does not matter how much of the game you have the lead, it only matters who is ahead when the final gun sounds.

Just ask John Hardin about their state semi final game against Bowling Green last fall.
WOW, great game
Ensworth's RB, #10, is just amazing to watch. However, I also think this was Trinity's game to lose. Another thing, IMO that hurt them was their pass defense, or lack thereof. If a team has one or two mistakes in passing defense, then you are handing Ensworth one or two scores.

Loved this game!
Need to see the rebroadcast on this one.
Baylorbigdog1976 Wrote:I am not an ensworth fan but i played college football and trinity does not have better athletes than the ensworth team i saw tonight. Game could have gone either way. Just different styles of football....I prefer the way ensworth plays to the shotgun....always loved the old redskins with john riggins. Ensworth just lined it up and pounded it late in the game. Trinity was lucky in my mind to be in this game as long as they were and if it were not for a few big plays ( missed coverage and tackle on the long run ) they would not have been .

It goes both ways! Ensworth scorded two TD on huge blown coverage by number 20. If not for those plays ensworth would not have been in position to win it at the end
Granny Bear Wrote:Ensworth's RB, #10, is just amazing to watch. However, I also think this was Trinity's game to lose. Another thing, IMO that hurt them was their pass defense, or lack thereof. If a team has one or two mistakes in passing defense, then you are handing Ensworth one or two scores.

Loved this game!

I said after Highlands scrimmage that a team that could complete the long pass would score on T. Their D backfield is a glaring weakness.