Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green VS Lexington Catholic
Surprised no one has talked about this game yet. I think this is one of the best games on paper on week 0. What are your thoughts and who wins?
Bowling Green
Lex Cath went there last season and with all the athletes BG had... Lex Cath were able to hang and only lost a closer than expected. BG will win again, but not a blow-out. 28-17 maybe????
BG by 14
BG by 14.
38-17 bowling green Confusedhh:Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
We just hope to win by at least 1 point. Lexington Catholic has proven they are not a team to overlook.
Bg 40-21
Bg 48-21
Bowling Green 35-17
Bg 35-14
I think BG wins easily but Lex Cath will make it interesting for a while...Lex cath losing their wow factor I think.
Ill take BG by 21
I don't see BG putting up 40+ on Lex Cath's defense. I think this will be a good game, better than most people think. Lex Cath may pull off the upset. It's hard to beat the private schools who can reload every year. BG better play a really good game or it could be a bad start to the season. I think it is a toss-up talent wise with whichever team plays the best to their potential taking all the bananas. Turnovers may decide this game.
HonestJohn Wrote:I don't see BG putting up 40+ on Lex Cath's defense. I think this will be a good game, better than most people think. Lex Cath may pull off the upset. It's hard to beat the private schools who can reload every year. BG better play a really good game or it could be a bad start to the season. I think it is a toss-up talent wise with whichever team plays the best to their potential taking all the bananas. Turnovers may decide this game.

Bg will be way faste then Catholic better skill player overall better athletes
I think Bowling Green is a powerhouse. They just reload every year. I hope Catholic can give them a good game. Catholics athletic program across the board has been in a downward spiral for the last several years. They have had a few players the last few years that have made them above average. Have a friend that's kid played middle school football last year and one that played 3 or 4 years ago. The talent difference in those years was amazing. He seemed to think that with the economy and the FCPS transfer rule going into affect had all but doomed Catholic (LCA as well) as being a power in the city to the level they have been in the past. I have always been a Catholic fan but I think the administration is catering to a more affluent family base where little Johnny plays and his parents are happy. Happy parents write checks
Parents shouldn't have to pay a school. For a so call better education. Like people in Louisville. .or nearby county sends there kid to t or x for a better education when male or manual just as good. Just like I would never enrolle my kid into private school if I want him to go to a school for a good education. I leave him in Owen county or Walton Verona. Or if I could get lucky and he good enough. Highlands
The Purples a very confident this year. They think they are the best and look to prove it. I wouldn't want to play them this year.
adopted purple Wrote:You do know that Bowling Green is a public school and Lexington Catholic is a private school, right?

Think he miss this
rebel 4 life Wrote:Parents shouldn't have to pay a school. For a so call better education. Like people in Louisville. .or nearby county sends there kid to t or x for a better education when male or manual just as good. Just like I would never enrolle my kid into private school if I want him to go to a school for a good education. I leave him in Owen county or Walton Verona. Or if I could get lucky and he good enough. Highlands

You are sadly mistaken if you think Louisville public schools offer as good an education as X and T. And Highlands is not your typical public school, the cost of housing and taxes are very high because of the school system and parents demand quality education. Parents who want the best for their kids are willing to pay for a better education to help them be successful adults. Too many parents just do not care enough and say "he good enough" when it comes to their education. All schools in KY do not offer equal education, check out the states testing scores.
Lex Cath will make this a close game early. But BG will pull away after some half time adjustments. BG wins going away. BG 42 lex Cath 21.
sstack Wrote:You are sadly mistaken if you think Louisville public schools offer as good an education as X and T. And Highlands is not your typical public school, the cost of housing and taxes are very high because of the school system and parents demand quality education. Parents who want the best for their kids are willing to pay for a better education to help them be successful adults. Too many parents just do not care enough and say "he good enough" when it comes to their education. All schools in KY do not offer equal education, check out the states testing scores.

I did and surprise surprise manual is number 1. Only 3 private school. In top 40 I stand by my comment
rebel 4 life Wrote:I did and surprise surprise manual is number 1. Only 3 private school. In top 40 I stand by my comment

I think it comes down to people believe they can shield there kids from the ills of the worlds. We live in a have and have not society and a lot of the haves don't want kids associating with have nots . It scares them. Not all but some.
catsallthetime Wrote:I think it comes down to people believe they can shield there kids from the ills of the worlds. We live in a have and have not society and a lot of the haves don't want kids associating with have nots . It scares them. Not all but some.
I argee 100%
I have Bowling Green. I would like to see Catholic pull it off while representing 4A but it is Bowling Green. BG by two scores.
rebel 4 life Wrote:Parents shouldn't have to pay a school. For a so call better education. Like people in Louisville. .or nearby county sends there kid to t or x for a better education when male or manual just as good. Just like I would never enrolle my kid into private school if I want him to go to a school for a good education. I leave him in Owen county or Walton Verona. Or if I could get lucky and he good enough. Highlands

rebel 4 life Wrote:I did and surprise surprise manual is number 1. Only 3 private school. In top 40 I stand by my comment

Yes there are some good public schools in Louisville but what if you live in a district with bad schools. Are you saying you are fine with that and would send your child to that school? A good example in NKY is Holmes and Newport, both at the very bottom in the state. Why would you be against sending your child to one of the many excellent schools available in the area, Beechwood, ND, COV CATH, villa madona, st henry, NCC? All these schools are very close to Newport and Covington. And what private schools did you find in that list because I am pretty sure private schools do not take state testing that public schools do.

Private schools are not in that list. But to prove to you that private schools do overall of KY offer better education, let's look at composite ACT scores since 2009 when the state started making 100% of students take the test.

Year Public Private

2009 19.1 22.1
2010 19.0 23.0
2011 19.2 23.6

That is a significant difference in test scores and the privates continue to improve while publics stay pretty stagnet. And for the record, my kids go to a public school but I am not blind to the facts.
BG 34
Lex cath 17

Can you honestly say that public school send 99% graduation class to college or major university after their high school? Well Saint X, Trinity, Lex Cath, Highlands, LCA and all private or independence schools do. And that 1%went straight to the military. So your wrong, parents much rather have their kids go to those private/ independence schools, instead of Fayette Co or Jefferson Co. Sorry but I can't speak for other counties schools. I merely saying public Fayette and Jefferson Co.
sstack Wrote:Yes there are some good public schools in Louisville but what if you live in a district with bad schools. Are you saying you are fine with that and would send your child to that school? A good example in NKY is Holmes and Newport, both at the very bottom in the state. Why would you be against sending your child to one of the many excellent schools available in the area, Beechwood, ND, COV CATH, villa madona, st henry, NCC? All these schools are very close to Newport and Covington. And what private schools did you find in that list because I am pretty sure private schools do not take state testing that public schools do.

Your correct.. Private schools does not take the same water down state test that the public school do take. I have no idea where Rebel got his info.