3. Lexington Catholic...11-3

4. Boyle County...8-5

5. Covington Catholic...9-4

6. Warren East...13-1

7. Owensboro...8-5

8. Johnson Central...9-3

9. Knox Central...10-2

10. Russell County...11-1

Others receiving votes (in order of votes received): Ashland Blazer, Doss, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Western, North Oldham, Mercer County, Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, Nelson County, Spencer County.

http://lms.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...-class-4-a
Highlands! Highlands! Highlands! Then everybody else.
I think CovCath is better than Collins.
7 of the top 10 are in the east...The road to Bowling Green is brutal on that side.
Collins should be 5th at best. Just my opinion.
Hate to say it but everyone in the east knows the road to bowling green goes through highlands. The east is stacked from top to bottom with some really good teams.

Good luck to all!!!
panther nation Wrote:Hate to say it but everyone in the east knows the road to bowling green goes through highlands. The east is stacked from top to bottom with some really good teams.

Good luck to all!!!

There is no way that Knox Central should be ranked ahead of Russell Co. Knox hasn't even beat them the last 2 seasons.
Cov cath is number 2 . Lex cath got blowed out last year ft Thomas . Jchs is better this year . I guess we have to let the season play out .i wish the teams on the other side state would have to face ft Thomas . cov cath and jchs . Until u play ft Thomas or cov cath u have no way to rank your team . Just crazy how people come up with team ranking . I no if I was a coach I rather play in body in 4 a than a second round play off with cov cath and the winer has to face ft Thomas :
I would think Cov Cath would be at #2 in this poll.
Amped 88 Wrote:There is no way that Knox Central should be ranked ahead of Russell Co. Knox hasn't even beat them the last 2 seasons.

To be honest I don't think that either team should be ranked in the top 10. Look at what they both lost and both have a lot to prove before they are even ranked. But if you go by strength of schedule there is no way you don't put Knox ahead of Russell.
^^
Your logic is flawed. For example according to Phil Steel Kentucky's SOS is 9th in the country while the university of Alabama's is 40th. It matters what you do in those games. Who cares who is ranked 9th or10th preseason anyway. Personally I believe that Russell County still has the talent and the heart to be a top five team in the state. Am I looking at things through red and navy colored glasses? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! You will see things in Purple and Gold and that is the way it should be. We will watch stats all year from Barbourville and Russell Springs, we will see how our common opponents and opponents of common opponents perform in hopes of getting an idea of how the game in October might turn out. But I know already how it will turn out.....about 110 of Kentucky's finest young men will fight with everything they have to win a game and will bring pride to their schools, parents, and communities win or lose. There will be much more on the line that night then who is ninth or tenth. I look forward to that game and to the challenges that lie ahead in the playoffs but I want to savor every moment of the journey on the way! The wait is over....its Game week baby! Go Lakers!
[quote=PreacherVol71]. Am I looking at things through red and navy colored glasses? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! You will see things in Purple and Gold and that is the way it should be.

That's the problem with you looking through red and navy :HitWall: you can't tell what our colors are. It's not purple it's blue and gold.. I think you need your glasses checked..... Lol.. I have some blue and gold for you to try if you like....Confusednicker:
^^
Oops! I knew that! One should never post when tired! My oldest son got married yesterday and I was give out! Seriously Good Luck this season! We will see you in October!
^ ^

Congrats on wedding!!! And yes we will see you come October
Not in any particular order... FT. Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Boyle Co, Collins. No one else matters after that list.
FBfan4life Wrote:Not in any particular order... FT. Highlands, Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Boyle Co, Collins. No one else matters after that list.

You keep telling your self that! I know a lot of kids that think other wise!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:You keep telling your self that! I know a lot of kids that think other wise!

Thinking it and actually doing it are totally different. Give us another team(s) that can be a sleeper that can knock above teams meantioned?
FBfan4life Wrote:Thinking it and actually doing it are totally different. Give us another team(s) that can be a sleeper that can knock above teams meantioned?

Johnson central has 3 wins against cov Cath who isn't as good as last year. And had played highlands tough when the program is in a upswing. I expect the next two years atleast for the eagles to compete with anybody. They could be sneaky good this year and really good next year.
One thing for sure Eagles keep knocking at the door.
FBfan4life Wrote:Thinking it and actually doing it are totally different. Give us another team(s) that can be a sleeper that can knock above teams meantioned?

Johnson Central Golden Eagels!!! Enough said!!!!
If any this would be one of the best years for the eagles to knock off highlands. Harlan county should be a good game for the eagles
I like Russell county at #6
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Johnson Central Golden Eagels!!! Enough said!!!!

Really? Where they even a contender for the past couple of season? I believe last time they were a threat was 2-3 season ago right?? Heck Russell Co and Knox Central were more of a threat beating Boyle Co, Lex Cath, Cov Cath in their region. ENUFF SAID!!
As much as I would love to bicker and argue I am not going to. Glad its football season!!!
4 A is very competitive! There will be a lot of teams going in both directions in the polls after about week five.
The preseason bickering!! Lol
4A looks loaded and after Highlands is wide open IMO. Collins has a ton of athletes , will be interested to see how they start the season.
Russell County should move up this list quickly!