•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
^The only drama will come from know it all parents. I would say that his team and friends are tickled to death for him to be back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I was waiting to see if the rumors were true and it appears that it is. Happy he is back to inject some much needed experience and leadership to the team. Best to the Tigers this season
TigerBlues Wrote:I was waiting to see if the rumors were true and it appears that it is. Happy he is back to inject some much needed experience and leadership to the team. Best to the Tigers this season

Leadership? You call leaving the school because you thought a certain coach wasn't going to take it, leadership? He shoulda been roundin' up the players and rallying support for whoever was gonna get offered it. I wouldn't respond well with a fella that tries to tell me to do something or encourage me after he bailed on my school because I know the only reason he is there is that the KHSAA forced him to. Sounds more selfish than team leader. Hope this doesn't throw a wrench in the chemistry they made with Fannin and hurt the moral of the team. They have a chance to be a sleeper in 1A with our without Daniel.
Lynch47 Wrote:Leadership? You call leaving the school because you thought a certain coach wasn't going to take it, leadership? He shoulda been roundin' up the players and rallying support for whoever was gonna get offered it. I wouldn't respond well with a fella that tries to tell me to do something or encourage me after he bailed on my school because I know the only reason he is there is that the KHSAA forced him to. Sounds more selfish than team leader. Hope this doesn't throw a wrench in the chemistry they made with Fannin and hurt the moral of the team. They have a chance to be a sleeper in 1A with our without Daniel.

You clearly are on drugs and under the influence
Lynch47 Wrote:Leadership? You call leaving the school because you thought a certain coach wasn't going to take it, leadership? He shoulda been roundin' up the players and rallying support for whoever was gonna get offered it. I wouldn't respond well with a fella that tries to tell me to do something or encourage me after he bailed on my school because I know the only reason he is there is that the KHSAA forced him to. Sounds more selfish than team leader. Hope this doesn't throw a wrench in the chemistry they made with Fannin and hurt the moral of the team. They have a chance to be a sleeper in 1A with our without Daniel.

Although your statement may hold some truth, you should consider this is a child you are talking about. Such comments should be made in a PM not put on here for everyone to see.
TigerBlues Wrote:You clearly are on drugs and under the influence

I think he has made a very valid point.
Has Miller been taking any snaps? How does he look?
Miller has taken some snaps, but Fannin will QB unless he just needs a breather. Daniel is a workhorse no matter how you look at it and he will be an asset to any team. It is true that the reason he is back in blue is because he was ruled ineligible to play at Pikeville and everybody knows that, but I still think they're glad to have him back. Bottom line is that these boys are friends who have been together for years. No doubt, they'll have chemistry and it will work out well for the team. No need to bad mouth teenagers whether it's true or not true. Scrimmage next week. GO BIG BLUE!
How many players are out now?
Who and where is the scrimage
I think there are 25 out now. Media Day is today so we'll know. Scrimmage is next Saturday at Raceland against Lewis Co.
Thank you tigerfan3 the info
What time is media day
6 pm at the field. I'm anxious how many are there for pictures!
If people were told in Jan that Coach Cherrico would be the head coach. Coach Kinner (who the kids love and is in the building) would be helping. They would hire another quality coach in the building that been at Belfry/Pikeville etc. The whole nucleus would be back plus additions of Miller, Phelps etc. People from Paintsville would be ecstatic!
There's been adversity. To me that is great! It's why football is the greatest game in the world. Each time you overcome adversity you become stronger. Football and life is full of ups and downs. This groups has bonded through all of this. When you start building that kind of bond it makes you go out and play for each other.
It's easy to sit behind fake names and takes shots at Kash. I have a nephew that plays for Paintsville. He along with all of his buddies are ecstatic to have Kash back. He's one more piece to the puzzle. He's physical, he's a competitor and he will dig in and play with a chip on his shoulder.
Paintsville is headed in the right direction. Expectations and attitudes are changing. Work ethic has changed. Culture has changed. I'm excited to watch them take the field! To the kids don't get caught up on what people put on this message board. Over the years I've found the majority have never played the game in their life, they are upset moms etc once it was even a criminal who the law was after.
What you have between your four walls is all that matters! Pull together, stay together and play for each other! Good luck this year! I'm proud of you guys!!
Couldn't have said it better, bulldog! These are kids who love each other and the game. You just said it better than most.
Hope to get up to some games this year. Love to meet some of you guys.
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Paintsville Tigers

PAINTSVILLE, Ky (WYMT) - Week three of high school football interviews continue this week, we're taking a closer look at the Paintsville Tigers..

The tigers are coming off a 2-9 season. First year Head Coach Joe Chirico says they have a young team and with a short roster.

He says players will be playing on both sides of the ball, but that is a challenge they are willing to accept.

"We've got a lot of young kids that's going to have to play immediately and that's the thing about our program. We've got 23 kids that are putting their heart and soul into this and a lot of those kids are freshman and sophomores, but we have like 9 seniors so that's a good thing. It's challenging but they know they've gotta be in great shape because they gotta run all day they're going to play special teams, offense and defense. They understand that and know the challenge." said Coach Chirico.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...55361.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
TigerFan3 Wrote:Miller has taken some snaps, but Fannin will QB unless he just needs a breather. Daniel is a workhorse no matter how you look at it and he will be an asset to any team. It is true that the reason he is back in blue is because he was ruled ineligible to play at Pikeville and everybody knows that, but I still think they're glad to have him back. Bottom line is that these boys are friends who have been together for years. No doubt, they'll have chemistry and it will work out well for the team. No need to bad mouth teenagers whether it's true or not true. Scrimmage next week. GO BIG BLUE!

TF3, is this a serious post about the QB position at Paintsville?
How many players was out for media days
How did camp go.?
TB, why would it not be a serious post about QB? I honestly don't make stuff up to put on here. I don't know how many were out for media day. I'd say somebody will post it.
Did the Daniels kid get cleard to play At pikeville . Or is he comeing back to Paintsville ? Good luck tigers this season .
TigerFan3 Wrote:TB, why would it not be a serious post about QB? I honestly don't make stuff up to put on here. I don't know how many were out for media day. I'd say somebody will post it.

I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was amazed that Chirico would go that route as the starting QB. That's like asking Derek Jeter to go behind the plate. I had no idea there was that much hate or dislike towards one player vs the best chance at winning. Unreal. If this is the course, wow. What else can be said .
Complete turmoil as you can see. Close group despite any images painted.
Give joe 3 years and Paintsville will be on top again . I no next year they should have 12 to 15 freshman and if the can do that for 2 or 3 years that should put Round 40 on the team . Tigers should be hard to handle in a couple years
Good to see that, bulldog. Thanks for sharing! I had a feeling that's how the players felt and they say a picture says a thousand words.
TB, I don't think there's any hate anywhere on that team. I think the coaches and players had to adjust when Kash left and as happy as they are to have him back, the changes had been made. That's a coaching decision and I think there was input from the players. You talk like Kash is only valuable at QB, which is the furthest thing from the truth. He's probably the most versatile player on the field and I think he will be utilized that way.
Eagles2011, Daniels was not cleared to play at Pikeville and he's back in a Tiger uniform. From what I can see and hear, players and coaches are excited to have him back.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Good to see that, bulldog. Thanks for sharing! I had a feeling that's how the players felt and they say a picture says a thousand words.
TB, I don't think there's any hate anywhere on that team. I think the coaches and players had to adjust when Kash left and as happy as they are to have him back, the changes had been made. That's a coaching decision and I think there was input from the players. You talk like Kash is only valuable at QB, which is the furthest thing from the truth. He's probably the most versatile player on the field and I think he will be utilized that way.

I agree with that but you have to be realistic at some point. This is the same number we had last year and if anyone wants to convince themselves Paintsville is better at QB they live in a fantasy world. The line will expose the talent of the backfield and QB, if this is really true look for the injuries to pile up . We need someone that can take the punishment week to week and still be motivated to take snaps. This is a disaster in the making without someone strong enough to take it.
Just heard there were 25 varsity players at media day. Pretty good numbers so far.
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next